Waiting Asylum decision

You can sign up on the same USCIS website and add your case then request email notification, check the attached photo has a circle where you need to sign up
Thanks for your reply. Did you add your case under the "add a paper-filed case"? I am not sure why it does not accept my receipt number and fails to find my case. Pretty weird. I have filed my case in Dec. 2019 :-(

Attachments

• SC2.JPG
    SC2.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 50
  • SC1.JPG
    SC1.JPG
    127.8 KB · Views: 47
To: EdvardoMendis
I did it in 2019 and I can't really remember the steps but I did not face any problems.I think from the screenshot you attached I believe you did the right this it logically should be "add a paper filled case" if anybody here can help with that please do so

Thanks for your reply. Did you add your case under the "add a paper-filed case"? I am not sure why it does not accept my receipt number and fails to find my case. Pretty weird. I have filed my case in Dec. 2019 :-(
You need sign up on the website "egov.uscis.gov" not on the "uscis.gov"

I have the same issue too. I'm just wondering what could be the reason for it?

Anyone please advise us for this issue if you all knew something already.

We cannot find your case
We cannot find a case that matches the receipt number that you provided. You should check to make sure you correctly entered the number.

If your receipt number is correct, this tool may not support online tracking for your case. You can also try using the existing Case Status Online tool to check your case status.

"THIS IS HOW IT APPEARS TO ME WHEN I GIVE MY RECEIPT NUMBER"

We cannot find your case
We cannot find a case that matches the receipt number that you provided. You should check to make sure you correctly entered the number.

If your receipt number is correct, this tool may not support online tracking for your case. You can also try using the existing Case Status Online tool to check your case status.

I believe USCIS does not have the capabilities(yet) for instant updates on asylum cases , so they continue to provide the generic answers to everyone, notice they even stopped the updates showing no of pending days.

We cannot find your case

That’s right. I think we can no longer track it that way for asylum seekers. But you can always check status online.

Good Afternoon. New member here; Sharing my experience so far: Anyone with a similar timeline?? (Asylum interview date)
Application: End of April 2016. Miami
Biometrics: May 2016
i-589 Notice: May 2016
1st EAD approved: Nov 2016
1st Expedition request: Feb 2018 (Via Congressman)
Expedition denied: March 2018
2nd EAD requested: Sept 2018
2nd EAD approved: Dec 2018
2nd Expedition request: March 2019 (Via Ombudsman)
2nd Expedition denied: April 2019
3rd EAD request: Sept 2020
Asylum Interview: Mid December 2020
3rd EAD approval: End of March 2021
TPS Application: Mid March 2021
Asylum Decision pending: 3 months 1 week

Hello,

Does anyone knew how to choose a congressman for our asylum case? Because there are a lot of them in a state. Do I need to choose the one who works for my district, county or state? It’s confusing. Please give some advices.

Thank you.

Hello,

Does anyone knew how to choose a congressman for our asylum case? Because there are a lot of them in a state. Do I need to choose the one who works for my district, county or state? It’s confusing. Please give some advices.

Thank you.
You can use either one of the 2 Senators representing your state. You can also use this tool to enter your zip code, and find out who your Rep is in the House. https://www.house.gov/representatives/find-your-representative

Hello,

Thank you.
Try to pick the Democratic senator if there is one in your State. With all due respect to the Republican Party and its supporters, but I hate to say that Republican Senators usually won't try hard enough to help you with your immigration case especially if you're not a U.S. citizen.
This just my opinion and I could be wrong :)

Try to pick the Democratic senator if there is one in your State. With all due respect to the Republican Party and its supporters, but I hate to say that Republican Senators usually won't try hard enough to help you with your immigration case especially if you're not a U.S. citizen.
This just my opinion and I could be wrong :)
Thank you so much and I truly appreciate it. Today I was going through a website and they have mentioned that there are only two senators for a state and too many congressmen for a state, therefore more than the senator the congressman does the job faster. I’m not 100% sure or I have no idea about it , but I just read it somewhere and that’s why I wanted to know how to choose a congressman.

I have a question do you know how long does the senator’s office take to contact us back after we submit the immigration petition?

Does anyone knew about the US citizenship act 2021?
Seems like President has proposed a bill to provide GC for pending asylum applicants and other benefits for undocumented immigrants.

is it true and confirmed?

Does anyone knew about the US citizenship act 2021?
Seems like President has proposed a bill to provide GC for pending asylum applicants and other benefits for undocumented immigrants.

is it true and confirmed?
A bill as the name indicates is like a shopping list, yes P Biden has presented it but nothing in it is law yet

A bill as the name indicates is like a shopping list, yes P Biden has presented it but nothing in it is law yet
Yes you are right , I just did more research about it and found that the Senate still has to approve the bill. I pray if they approve the bill soon we all will be benefit from it.

Good Afternoon. New member here; Sharing my experience so far: Anyone with a similar timeline?? (Asylum interview date)
Application: End of April 2016. Miami
Biometrics: May 2016
i-589 Notice: May 2016
1st EAD approved: Nov 2016
1st Expedition request: Feb 2018 (Via Congressman)
Expedition denied: March 2018
2nd EAD requested: Sept 2018
2nd EAD approved: Dec 2018
2nd Expedition request: March 2019 (Via Ombudsman)
2nd Expedition denied: April 2019
3rd EAD request: Sept 2020
Asylum Interview: Mid December 2020
3rd EAD approval: End of March 2021
TPS Application: Mid March 2021
Asylum Decision pending: 3 months 1 week
I saw you applied for TPS! Is it obtainable now? Can asylum applicants apply for this status? Thank you

Hello everybody, I would like first to thank you all for the contribution. I was a silent member who just read updates here from time to time. However last Saturday my application statues changed to "Decision Was Mailed" and I thought to share with you my timeline:
Applied: end of April 2019 (LA office in Anaheim)
Interviewed: end of June 2019
EAD: received end of October 2019
My attorney send couple of communication to the asylum office after 1 year of my interview but never got back to me with any useful answer. He thinks because I traveled to so many countries which might slow the background check.
On Saturday March/20/2021 my status got updated with "Decision Was Mailed" and I'm waiting for my decision now. But what is strange for me is a day before (Friday March/19/2021) I got an email update stating that they received my case and waived the filling fees for my EAD application on July/27/2019 (which is an old date) Also I received an email 2 weeks before (March/3/2021) That my case in initial review.
I called the 800 number out of the working hours and it said time stopped (not running) I also check the court and there wasn't any thing under my A number. Finally I checked my I94 and also there wasn't any travel history. So I believe I did everything I can do to predict the outcome of my case. What do you think guys? is it approval or referral to court?
Just a quick update, I'm still waiting for my letter. However, today the status changed to New Card is Being Produced. I know this is all means that its approved but still can't officially celebrate till I receive the letter