Waiting Asylum decision

I did my interview yesterday after been earlier schedule for last April 2020 and rescheduled due to COVID-19. Interview went well, finger cross

After 5 years from the application ( 3.5 years from the interview ), referred to court
Still you got the chances to win your case. BTW Which office did you had your interview and did you contact the asylum office before they make the decision?

Statement by Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro N. Mayorkas:
For years, the asylum system has been badly in need of reengineering. In addition to improving the process by which unaccompanied children are placed with family or sponsors, we will be issuing a new regulation shortly and taking other measures to implement the long-needed systemic reforms. We will shorten from years to months the time it takes to adjudicate an asylum claim while ensuring procedural safeguards and enhancing access to counsel.

Hi guys
At the end of the interview, AO told me your decision will be taking a time beacuse you have status .my I20 is until May 2021 .do you think after this time I receive my decision ?

Last edited:
Hi guys
At the end of the interview, AO told me your decision will be taking a time beacuse you have status .my I20 is until May 2021 .do you think after this time I receive my decision ?
No, they only look whether you are in lawful status or not, when you were interviewed. even if you lose your status and became illegal after the interview your timeline will not be changed

Hello All,

How can my wife get a green card from me. I won a lottery, while she was on an asylum case and we were not married at the time. However, we were religiously married because we love each other, but I played green card lottery separatly because she was on a case and we were not married - government way; like we did not have a certificate of marriage until last year, I believe 1 year after I won my green card.

Is it true that me not being a citizen but having a green card can still give her opportunity to get a green card even tho she is on the asylum pending case and I dont have citiznship yet. Please let me know.

Thanks all )

Alright guys, my decision was mailed a month ago or earlier (I noticed the status has changed on February 19th.) and still no decision! Can it mean something?
also, I see a lot of people have a case history. How do you do that?

Alright guys, my decision was mailed a month ago or earlier (I noticed the status has changed on February 19th.) and still no decision! Can it mean something?
I submitted NOID rebuttal and have waited for 3 months as of now; also at ZCH office.

Ira, you need to create an account to see all changes on your case.

Attachments

• Capture+_2021-03-19-13-55-21.png
    Capture+_2021-03-19-13-55-21.png
    261 KB · Views: 29
I have been trying to sign up to check my check status real-time.
What would I use for DOS Case ID number. I used my I-589 receipt number but I get error message.

Hello everybody, I would like first to thank you all for the contribution. I was a silent member who just read updates here from time to time. However last Saturday my application statues changed to "Decision Was Mailed" and I thought to share with you my timeline:
Applied: end of April 2019 (LA office in Anaheim)
Interviewed: end of June 2019
EAD: received end of October 2019
My attorney send couple of communication to the asylum office after 1 year of my interview but never got back to me with any useful answer. He thinks because I traveled to so many countries which might slow the background check.
On Saturday March/20/2021 my status got updated with "Decision Was Mailed" and I'm waiting for my decision now. But what is strange for me is a day before (Friday March/19/2021) I got an email update stating that they received my case and waived the filling fees for my EAD application on July/27/2019 (which is an old date) Also I received an email 2 weeks before (March/3/2021) That my case in initial review.
I called the 800 number out of the working hours and it said time stopped (not running) I also check the court and there wasn't any thing under my A number. Finally I checked my I94 and also there wasn't any travel history. So I believe I did everything I can do to predict the outcome of my case. What do you think guys? is it approval or referral to court?

Hello everybody, I would like first to thank you all for the contribution. I was a silent member who just read updates here from time to time. However last Saturday my application statues changed to "Decision Was Mailed" and I thought to share with you my timeline:
My attorney send couple of communication to the asylum office after 1 year of my interview but never got back to me with any useful answer. He thinks because I traveled to so many countries which might slow the background check.
On Saturday March/20/2021 my status got updated with "Decision Was Mailed" and I'm waiting for my decision now. But what is strange for me is a day before (Friday March/19/2021) I got an email update stating that they received my case and waived the filling fees for my EAD application on July/27/2019 (which is an old date) Also I received an email 2 weeks before (March/3/2021) That my case in initial review.
I called the 800 number out of the working hours and it said time stopped (not running) I also check the court and there wasn't any thing under my A number. Finally I checked my I94 and also there wasn't any travel history. So I believe I did everything I can do to predict the outcome of my case. What do you think guys? is it approval or referral to court?
I read through your description. 100% Approval, congratulations!

Humm .. I'm so jealous.

It's an approval.

Can you share the contents of the email that you received on March 3, 2021. the one about the initial review.
Did it look like this?

##################################
Your Case Status: Initial Review

Your application with USCIS is still pending.
You must wait 365 calendar days after you file your application before you apply for employment authorization. If there is an unresolved applicant-caused delay on the date you file an application for employment authorization, we will deny your application for employment authorization.
If you move, within 10 days of moving you must update your mailing address, online or on paper, at www.uscis.gov/addresschange.

During this step, USCIS initiates the background checks of the applicant/petitioner and identifies issues that may need to be addressed either during an interview or by asking the applicant/petitioner to submit additional information or documentation. USCIS reviews the applicant's/petitioner's criminal history, determines if there are national security concerns that need to be addressed, and reviews the application/petition for fraud indicators. If you have filed an I-485, I-589, I-751, N-400, I-90, I-821, I-131 or I-765, you can expect to receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints and/or photographs taken. The timing of your appointment is determined by the number of applicants ahead of you that also need a biometric appointment. We try to schedule biometric appointments as quickly as possible and in most cases you will receive your appointment notice within 30 days of submitting your application. We will send your appointment notice approximately 14 days ahead of your scheduled appointment. It is important that you keep this appointment. If absolutely necessary, you can request that your appointment be rescheduled however, please be aware that rescheduling may delay the processing of your application. Please follow the instructions on your appointment notice if you need to reschedule. Occasionally, you may receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints taken when you have filed a form other than those listed above. In these situations, you may receive your appointment notice more than 30 days after submitting your application or petition.
####################################