Waiting Asylum decision

I had my interview this week in Chicago. It lasted about 1.5 hours without an interpreter. The officer was nice.
The asylum office is almost empty. They are working at reduced capacity. Only a handful of staff present.
They no longer allow you to bring an interpreter. The asylum office has interpreters who connect via phone. The officer and your attorney sit in different rooms than you and you all connect to a video call via iPads.
Congratulations and good luck. I hope you will get approval soon.

Hi guys

I have a question:
After 20 months My case status has changed from decision pending to Application pending today.what does it mean?

Warmest Regards

Hi guys

I have a question:
After 20 months My case status has changed from decision pending to Application pending today.what does it mean?

Warmest Regards
Some people say that a sign that the decision is made and it only waiting for the final supervisor's review or background check clearance before sending the decision. My asylum case status changed from decision pending to application pending 6 months ago and still waiting for a decision till now.
Keep in your mind every case is different.
Just keep yourself busy with work, study, or anything and the days will fly fast without you know. I hope you get the happy news soon :)

Some people say that a sign that the decision is made and it only waiting for the final supervisor's review or background check clearance before sending the decision. My asylum case status changed from decision pending to application pending 6 months ago and still waiting for a decision till now.
Just keep yourself busy with work, study, or anything and the days will fly fast without you know. I hope you get the happy news soon :)
Thank you so much for your answer
I appreciate it. All the best for you

I had my interview this week in Chicago. It lasted about 1.5 hours without an interpreter. The officer was nice.
The asylum office is almost empty. They are working at reduced capacity. Only a handful of staff present.
They no longer allow you to bring an interpreter. The asylum office has interpreters who connect via phone. The officer and your attorney sit in different rooms than you and you all connect to a video call via iPads.
Good luck. Thanks for sharing

One more thing guys
My interview was 20 months ago(2nd July 2019) but date changed to today date 5/3/2011

Attachments

• 1F1E44D2-F82B-4E9F-ACC5-5F518BBE0503.jpeg
    1F1E44D2-F82B-4E9F-ACC5-5F518BBE0503.jpeg
    38.6 KB · Views: 93
Did your interview date change in case history as well?

Hi. I applied for asylum in Feb 2020 and i got interviewed on Jan 2021. I did not hear anything back from them and my case status was keep saying decision pending. On March 2nd I emailed the office and I got a response from them that my case is pending for review at their office. And all the sudden my case status on March 5th showed that fees were waived for EAD and I should recieve a letter by Feb 15 if not contact USCIS. And on the same day march 5th I checked my status in the evening that it was saying my Card issued and will receive in mail. Then in few minutes it’s changed to Fingerprints were taken and the next morning my status changed to decision mailed. I called USCIS to check my clock and it says it stopped. I am so worried that my status changed so much in one day and I did not receive any letter and the officer in the email told me that the decision is pending. Any guesses please anyone have any idea what’s happening here. Thanks in advance

Hi. I applied for asylum in Feb 2020 and i got interviewed on Jan 2021. I did not hear anything back from them and my case status was keep saying decision pending. On March 2nd I emailed the office and I got a response from them that my case is pending for review at their office. And all the sudden my case status on March 5th showed that fees were waived for EAD and I should recieve a letter by Feb 15 if not contact USCIS. And on the same day march 5th I checked my status in the evening that it was saying my Card issued and will receive in mail. Then in few minutes it’s changed to Fingerprints were taken and the next morning my status changed to decision mailed. I called USCIS to check my clock and it says it stopped. I am so worried that my status changed so much in one day and I did not receive any letter and the officer in the email told me that the decision is pending. Any guesses please anyone have any idea what’s happening here. Thanks in advance

You are approved congratulations.
I think this looks positive, congratulations!

Which state you are resided in?

Good to know

I am also in Virginia, while I applied for asylum in June 2020 and still waiting for an interview

EAD is done of course in parallel

You didn't make any effort to get an interview, did you?
I did email once about my status. They also responded me that they are not scheduling case filed in 2020. But then my interview got scheduled for next month.