Waiting Asylum decision

Yes, exactly the same message and in the case history You completed your interview with USCIS. No info at EOIR website and i94 shows old travel history.

Last edited:
Got my decision today after 3,6 years of waiting. Status changed to decision was mailed. I know it's a court unfortunately.
My timeline:
Chicago office
Applied February 2015
Interview June 2017
Decision was mailed January 2021
Good luck everyone
I'm really sorry to hear that. I know you are an active and old member of this forum...
I got NOID back in Oct 2020 and waiting for final decision ... No matter what the result is, never give up.
Let's win in the court.

A new hint to know your decision ...
The USCIS phone call 800-375-5283 has different features for working hours (8am-8pm EST) and non-working hours.
In non-working hours (usually I do this after 8pm), the automated system is a male robot, and the case status is still in old fashion (with EAD clock and 150 days rule).
That male robot will read your status with EAD clock running or stopped, which enables you to know your decision accordingly.
And strangely my receipt number cannot be captured in the automated phone system (as if it disappears), so if anyone else with "Decision was mailed" status but cannot get your status through phone call system, please keep us updated.

As for the I-94 theory, My travel record sometimes show "No record found for the traveler", while sometimes I can get the records.
I think that might be system glitches.
I asked my friend who was granted; his travel record did disappear.
So the I-94 theory works for granted case, but might also be glitches... Any other observations/thoughts ?

As for the I-94 theory, My travel record sometimes show "No record found for the traveler", while sometimes I can get the records.
I think that might be system glitches.
I asked my friend who was granted; his travel record did disappear.
So the I-94 theory works for granted case, but might also be glitches... Any other observations/thoughts ?

Maybe System glitches, I am waiting for my decision, and my travel record show " no record found for the traveler"

Hello everyone,

Is it a best idea to submit few documents related to your asylum case through email to the USCIS including a cover letter and the Alien number. Does it work or is it better to go in person ?

Thank you.

Hello everyone,

Is it a best idea to submit few documents related to your asylum case through email to the USCIS including a cover letter and the Alien number. Does it work or is it better to go in person ?

Thank you.
It depends on which office you are under. Chicago office only respond to your inquiry through fax or physical mail.
In-person appointment such as Info-pass has been halted because of covid.

It depends on which office you are under. Chicago office only respond to your inquiry through fax or physical mail.
In-person appointment such as Info-pass has been halted because of covid.
Have you tried the fax? I’m from Chi too.

System glitches , I am waiting to my decision and my travel record show " no record found for the traveler"
Hello everyone,

Thank you.

Please see screenshot of below

Attachments

• 7A702DC4-C1E5-4434-B93F-AE05641929C0.jpeg
    7A702DC4-C1E5-4434-B93F-AE05641929C0.jpeg
    299.5 KB · Views: 66
Include your A number, receipt number, your mail address, and the inquiry content. That's enough.
You know I’m really scared to email or fax them because I don’t wnt it to go for an irresponsible person’s hand. Seems like due to covid I cannot make any info pass appointment. Pray for me. Decision Pending since 3 years. I will try to fax them my documents asap.

You know I’m really scared to email or fax them because I don’t wnt it to go for an irresponsible person’s hand. Seems like due to covid I cannot make any info pass appointment. Pray for me. Decision Pending since 3 years. I will try to fax them my documents asap.
Three years is unreasonable. I suggest you say something like "I will wait 2 months more before I take action for a lawsuit". At least such method worked for my case. I got decision updated a week after I sent a letter saying I plan to initiate a lawsuit.