Waiting Asylum decision

Hi everyone
I have a question
Why most of the people who have an interview in 2020 got their decisions but someone who has an interview in 2019 still waiting to decision

Thank you in advance
Same here with the Chicago asylum office. I interviewed in 2019, and no decision so far. I waited 4 years for an interview and after that now almost another 2 years for a decision so far.

Same here with the Chicago asylum office. I interviewed in 2019, and no decision so far. I waited 4 years for an interview and after that now almost another 2 years for a decision so far.

I hope President Biden creates new roles Which speeds up tasks and we got our decision answer soon

Hello everyone,

I applied for an EAD renewal back in August and got the receipt in September. I have not heard from them or got my EAD ever since. It has been more than 5 months now! Is this normal?

My asylum case is pending. I applied for an asylum in 2016 and am still waiting for an interview. I am getting frustrated.

Hello everyone,

I applied for an EAD renewal back in August and got the receipt in September. I have not heard from them or got my EAD ever since. It has been more than 5 months now! Is this normal?

My asylum case is pending. I applied for an asylum in 2016 and am still waiting for an interview. I am getting frustrated.

Contact Emma the chatbot on USCIS website , it will connect you to an agent

They will ask you for A# , receipt #, address , phone number etc and will share status with you

Reactions: ROP
Hello everyone,

I read this info on EAD somewhere but not 100% sure. You can still work with your receipt notice as it says automatic extension.

I read this info on EAD somewhere but not 100% sure. You can still work with your receipt notice as it says automatic extension.

That's correct (for renewal cases) ... So that this receipt can be used instead of work permit for verification of i94 purpose

Thank you! The problem is that BOA is not accepting my receipt as proof of residence because they say the receipt date is August. They say the receipt expires after 6 months. So they are going to freeze my account and close my credit in a couple of weeks. Also, my Driver's License has expired! I don't think I can renew without an EAD.
Contact Emma the chatbot on USCIS website , it will connect you to an agent

They will ask you for A# , receipt #, address , phone number etc and will share status with you

Thanks! I already know my status. It was updated in september saying that my fingerprints were accepted. Nothing after that!

The problem is that BOA is not accepting my receipt as proof of residence because they say the receipt date is August. They say the receipt expires after 6 months. So they are going to freeze my account and close my credit in a couple of weeks.
You already have account with them and they ask you to provide them your EAD? Or how it’s happens?
I think it’s only one of few banks which will ask EAD at all as most just need SSN.

If it’s case try to move from them to another bank before it’s happens.

You already have account with them and they ask you to provide them your EAD? Or how it’s happens?
I think it’s only one of few banks which will ask EAD at all as most just need SSN.

If it’s case try to move from them to another bank before it’s happens.

Yes! BOA sends me a letter every year, asking me to prove that I am here legally. They accept a limited number of documents. An EAD receipt is one of them but this year they are saying that because my receipt belongs to August it will expire in Feb. Now the problem is that when the EAD expires the DL also expires so I cannot go to the bank and get my cash out or close my account! This is a pretty messed up situation. I am going to the DMV today to see if I can apply for an AB60. Maybe with that, I can close my account.

Yes! BOA sends me a letter every year, asking me to prove that I am here legally. They accept a limited number of documents. An EAD receipt is one of them but this year they are saying that because my receipt belongs to August it will expire in Feb. Now the problem is that when the EAD expires the DL also expires so I cannot go to the bank and get my cash out or close my account! This is a pretty messed up situation. I am going to the DMV today to see if I can apply for an AB60. Maybe with that, I can close my account.

Weird, I have a BOA account and it was opened while on B2 visa

They never asked anything except for 2 form of identities and a local US address (without proof) which means whatever address I gave it to them , they accepted

I cannot go to the bank and get my cash out or close my account!
Do you have debit card? Do you have checks? You can use it to withdraw money from your account.
Or they totally lock your account?
Anyway I don’t think they have legal reason to hold your money even if they decide to close your account.

If you have credit card from them and it’s only your credit card try to get credit card from another institution before Bank of America close it. The problem that if your only one credit card gets closed it can be difficult to get new one even from other lenders (as closed status get reported on your credit report).

filed asylum on 11/27/2020
fingerprints on 01/04/2021
interview on 01/08/2021
we have mailed the decision 01/27/2021
Houston TX asylum office .

Have you seen this pattern before ?

Thank you.

Last edited:
whatever happens, if BOA closes your account they will forward a cheque to the last address on file, do not panic over that, i worked at the bank for 2 years.

filed asylum on 11/27/2020
fingerprints on 01/04/2021
interview on 01/08/2021
we have mailed the decision 01/27/2021
Houston TX asylum office .

Have you seen this pattern before ?

Thank you.
this looks positive, given that most approvals are within two weeks, please keep us posted and all the best