Waiting Asylum decision

you dont know how lucky you are , am amused but not amazed at USCIS, just so you know and you can put in your rearview mirror, there are people here waiting for interview after 4 years, there are those who have had interview waiting for results after 2 years , just be thankful and smile and enjoy thanksgiving with your loved ones, shalom.

Hi guys
8 months ago I changed my address, my the attorney sent an email to the LA asylum office and updated them,
They responded quickly.
But,I sent them an email 46 days ago and asked them about my case, they didn't answer.
Do you think they only reply to emails from an attorney?

you dont know how lucky you are , am amused but not amazed at USCIS, just so you know and you can put in your rearview mirror, there are people here waiting for interview after 4 years, there are those who have had interview waiting for results after 2 years , just be thankful and smile and enjoy thanksgiving with your loved ones, shalom.
Waiting for 3 years. It’s not easy but my mom says after all patience, beautiful things await. I hope everyone in this forum get their approval soon.

Hi guys
8 months ago I changed my address, my the attorney sent an email to the LA asylum office and updated them,
They responded quickly.
But,I sent them an email 46 days ago and asked them about my case, they didn't answer.
No. It’s just random sometimes. Sometimes you can get reply in several hours and sometimes you will wait couple months.

You can just message them again or try to wait a little bit more if it’s not urgent.

Hi guys
They responded quickly.
They sometimes do not answer the emails. My lawyer sent them an email last week and got no response. She had to call them this morning.

They sometimes do not answer the emails. My lawyer sent them an email last week and got no response. She had to call them this morning.

I asked my attorney to follow up my case ,but he said I should be patient.I don't know how long I should wait to get my decision

if the only reason to contact the AO is to get a decision, don't do that and be patient.
Why?
Do you think it's a bad idea or maybe that pushes them toward giving me a denial?
It's been 5 years since applied for asylum and a little bit over a year since interviewed in the Chicago office. I know my case has an assessment for grant asylum by the asylum officer and just waiting for the supervisor's review, but every time we inquire they tell us they are waiting for the background check to be completed.
Is there anything I can do?

Last edited:
Why?
Do you think it's a bad idea or maybe that pushes them toward giving me a denial?
It's been 5 years since applied for asylum and a little bit over a year since interviewed in the Chicago office. I know my case has an assessment for grant asylum by the asylum officer and just waiting for the supervisor's review, but every time we inquire they tell us they are waiting for the background check to be completed.

I waiting for my decision since 17 months ago
My attorney said I should wait until they give me an answer, but I saw most of the people in this group that they followed up and they got a decision
Also I sent an email and asked them to update me about my case they didn't answer.
How did you know you are a grant by an asylum officer?

I waiting for my decision since 17 months ago
My attorney said I should wait until they give me an answer, but I saw most of the people in this group that they followed up and they got a decision
Also I sent an email and asked them to update me about my case they didn't answer.
How did you know you are a grant by an asylum officer?
Didn’t your lawyer suggested you to try a senator’s or congressman’s help in order to make a decision for your case?

Why?
Try to inquire through a senator. Don’t do it now because it’s end of the year, I would suggest you to do it by next year spring.