Waiting Asylum decision

I have been waiting for results since April 2018, and today uscis has changed the status of my file from "waiting for your application" to "waiting for a decision". Does anyone know the meaning of this?
It’s very possible that Asylum Office finally received your background check and now they continue processing your case. Sometimes after this you can get your result just in few weeks.
But not always it’s true. Situations can be very different.

Case History
  • 07/18/2019
    sign_icon.png

Your application with USCIS is still pending.
  • 04/12/2019
    sign_icon.png

The next step in your application is an in-person interview. Once your interview is scheduled, you will receive an interview notice in the mail.
am just trying to be positive and clutching at straws, does anyone recollect seeing this before their interview and what time span?

Case History
  • 07/18/2019
    sign_icon.png

Your application with USCIS is still pending.
  • 04/12/2019
    sign_icon.png

The next step in your application is an in-person interview. Once your interview is scheduled, you will receive an interview notice in the mail.
am just trying to be positive and clutching at straws, does anyone recollect seeing this before their interview and what time span?
That the normal procedure, I will advice you just hope and wait might be anytime no time span.

Hello everyone, its been pretty quiet here for a few days, just a word of encouragement to all still in journey, keep up hope and be thankful to be alive and keep trusting God.

Hello everyone,
Hope everyone is doing good.
I applied for my work permit in August, a few days before biometrics rules kicked in. I got the receipt notice the same week but so far nothing. It’s Texas Filling office. Can anyone enlighten me on what’s happening? Thank you.

Hello everyone,
I applied for my work permit in August, a few days before biometrics rules kicked in. I got the receipt notice the same week but so far nothing. It’s Texas Filling office. Can anyone enlighten me on what’s happening? Thank you.
Did you check your case using the EAD receipt number?

Hello everyone,
biometrics rules ??

Hello everyone,

I’m new to this forum - just found it today and I’m glad I did.

I applied on Feb14, 2020. Was scheduled for biometric & interview (Houston office) Mar 13 & Mar 20,2020 respectively but was cancelled due to covid. I applied for my Work permit Jul17th and got the EAD card Aug. 20,2020.

The biometric and interview was rescheduled for Oct13 & Oct20,2020 respectively. It was a video interview. It lasted for 3-4hrs. The AO asked few but repeated questions. AO was neither friendly nor mean. She specifically told me that either my case will be approved or referred to court - whatever the case maybe, it will be mailed to me.
But it’s over 3weeks and my case online still shows “decision is depending”. Is it ok to send an email, requesting for update?

Hello everyone,

I’m new to this forum - just found it today and I’m glad I did.

I applied on Feb14, 2020. Was scheduled for biometric & interview (Houston office) Mar 13 & Mar 20,2020 respectively but was cancelled due to covid. I applied for my Work permit Jul17th and got the EAD card Aug. 20,2020.

The biometric and interview was rescheduled for Oct13 & Oct20,2020 respectively. It was a video interview. It lasted for 3-4hrs. The AO asked few but repeated questions. AO was neither friendly nor mean. She specifically told me that either my case will be approved or referred to court - whatever the case maybe, it will be mailed to me.
But it’s over 3weeks and my case online still shows “decision is depending”. Is it ok to send an email, requesting for update?
You need to wait mate :)