Waiting Asylum decision

1. Email to Asylum Office (preferably /3 month)
2. Contact USCIS Ombudsman (if your decision is pending more than 6 months after interview )
3. Contact US congressman (if your decision is pending more than 6 months after interview )
4. File mandamus action (last resort)
2 and 3 are interchangeable, but some lawyers prefer to do 2 before 3.
Thanks for your input!

It all depends on what the Canadian embassy considers a long-term visa/permit. The embassy's website should have a list of documents or which visas they need to check your legal status in the US so they can process your Canadian work visa. If your particular type of visa isn't there, you'd have to contact them via email to ask. Keep in mind that just because your boyfriend has a job offer, that doesn't mean the Canadian embassy will process his visa at the moment. A lot of countries have stopped issuing visas because of COVID.

Thank you so much I really appreciate it

I think that you covered the ground well. When USCIS is being forced to make a decision, the choice they choose is now the same these days: So, this asylee applicant thinks that they have a right to force us to go faster? What right do they have?

Asylees, as the new rules coming show, USCIS thinks that asylees applicants are have ZERO rights. Therefore, whether your case has been pending for 2 years of 6 years, they expect us to relax and wait for them to make a decision. All along, I have always said that instead of spending resources, hours fighting USCIS, the best option is to focus your energy on submitting more evidence that supports your case.

When I applied for asylum, I think there is one thing I should have been told: navigating the process takes years, could take several years so you need to be patient. This is super true these days, when even getting an interview is a battle. Had I known this, I would have been better prepared.

This post relieves me a lot. I have been waiting for my decision for 3 years. I am still positive! At least, I can work legally! Thank you so much!

My friend is waiting for her interview now for 4 YEARS and still nothing happened what she should do?
1. Email the Asylum Office
2. Contact USCIS Ombudsman (if your decision is pending more than 6 months after interview )
3. Contact US congressman (if your decision is pending more than 6 months after interview )

Adding to this... keep in mind that if your application is denied, inversely, he could then add you to his petition. And if his application for asylum is approved, then you would get derivative asylum from him. IF you guys have really been dating for a while, love each other, and it's a real relationship, this would not be a bad idea. But #1, do not get married just for the redundancy. #2. Consult with an attorney first to go over everything.

Is it possible to be on each other's applications? I mean one is already primary applicant in one application.

1. Email the Asylum Office
I said interview she is waiting for her interview to be scheduled not waiting for a decision its been 4 years now no news for her

Hi,
What is the immigration status of a pending asylum person? Is it “pending asylee status” because that’s what google says and just wanted to make sure in this forum. I would really appreciate if someone knew the answer and reply to this.
Thank you.

I said interview she is waiting for her interview to be scheduled not waiting for a decision its been 4 years now no news for her
Yea she can do the following steps to get her interview schedule and mandamus is a quicker way of getting it done but is expensive

Is it possible to be on each other's applications? I mean one is already primary applicant in one application.
I don't think it's possible to be on each other's applications at the same time if you apply while married. Technically, one spouse applies, and then they add their spouse as a dependent. Niki is in a peculiar situation though. They're applying separately and single. If they marry though, it would seem plausible that one adds the other. And if that fails then the latter adds the former. I'm not 100% sure, but it would seem like a possible loophole. Maybe someone else knows more about this particular type of situation. Check with attorney.

Hi,
What is the immigration status of a pending asylum person? Is it “pending asylee status” because that’s what google says and just wanted to make sure in this forum. I would really appreciate if someone knew the answer and reply to this.
Thank you.
For USCIS purposes, you have "pending asylum." But that's it. It just means, they can't deport you. For all other things, if you don't have any other sort of visa, you don't have status.

Why Chicago office is so slow... It seems it isn't working at all. I see many cases got decision in LA, SD these days but no single one in Chicago.

Why Chicago office is so slow... It seems it isn't working at all. I see many cases got decision in LA, SD these days but no single one in Chicago.
The Chicago office is typically much more laid back than LA because they don't receive half as many applications. Also, I don't know why the Chicago office waits for nearly 2 years after the interview to make a decision while the LA office tries to minimize it to 3-6 months.

The Chicago office is typically much more laid back than LA because they don't receive half as many applications. Also, I don't know why the Chicago office waits for nearly 2 years after the interview to make a decision while the LA office tries to minimize it to 3-6 months.
Im a “graduate” of the Chicago office. Actually, they serve a big area of the midwest, so they have a large backlog. Either way, they have always been supper slow. They sat on my gc application, for no reason, for 23 months. They fast-tracked my asylum application to court. The Chicago office has taken about 55 months of my life waiting for them to take action on my applications, over the last 16 years.

I’ve been waiting for a year For the response LA office

I have been waiting for a decision for more than one year in the LA office. Maybe because of COVID all of them are working slow.

Hello guys,
I have a question. So I recently had the « fees were waived status » then « Decision was taken ». Today I had an update saying my work authorization is being produced » the mail they sent to me last week Friday has not arrived yet . Does this account for an approval?
Thanks