Waiting Asylum decision

Hi guys!
Based on your experience, what do you think it would be the right order to make USCIS inquiries about our cases after the first 6 months of waiting?, thanks in advance for your ideas.

- Email to Asylum Office.
- Call to USCIS 1-800-375-5283.
- USCIS- E-request.
- Contact USCIS Ombudsman.
- Contact US congresman.
- File mandamus action (last resort).
You can try all of this in this order. I will also recommend to call not just USCIS but specifically your Asylum Office.
Sometimes they will give you information about status of your case but sometimes answer will be general.

My Decision is Pending for long time. I filed i-765 to renew EAD Last month . Today when I checked status in USCIS website it says FEES WERE WAIVED. and it says your interview is completed . I also recived instruction on email for i-765. Does any one understand have see this before?
1594815774712.png

Hi guys!
Based on your experience, what do you think it would be the right order to make USCIS inquiries about our cases after the first 6 months of waiting?, thanks in advance for your ideas.

- USCIS- E-request.
- Contact US congresman.

I'm waiting for decision more than 1 year and my lawyer told me Right now everyone is taking a long time to get a result. and I should be patient

Hi guys!

- USCIS- E-request.
- Contact US congresman.
1. Email to Asylum Office (preferably /3 month)
2. Contact USCIS Ombudsman (if your decision is pending more than 6 months after interview )
3. Contact US congressman (if your decision is pending more than 6 months after interview )
4. File mandamus action (last resort)
2 and 3 are interchangeable, but some lawyers prefer to do 2 before 3.

Hi guys I have two questions ;

1) My boyfriend applied for asylum in August 2018 and he is still waiting for an interview .on the other hand, he has a job offer from Canada, If he applies for a visa and they reject him is it a bad point for his asylum interview?

2)And another question is if I received my approval letter and I marry him can he get permanent residence?

Thank you

1) My boyfriend applied for asylum in August 2018 and he is still waiting for an interview .on the other hand, he has a job offer from Canada, If he applies for a visa and they reject him is it a bad point for his asylum interview?

2)And another question is if I received my approval letter and I marry him can he get permanent residence?

Thank you
He will most likely get rejected for the Canadian work permit because it's a non-immigrant visa. However, I don't think it will be viewed as a negative thing for his asylum interview.

I think your husband needs to be in legal status in the US so that you can add him as a dependent because you're not a citizen, you'll be an asylee in that case. At least that is how it works for the spouses of the GC holders. You should double check that.

He will most likely get rejected for the Canadian work permit because it's a non-immigrant visa. However, I don't think it will be viewed as a negative thing for his asylum interview.

I think your husband needs to be in legal status in the US so that you can add him as a dependent because you're not a citizen, you'll be an asylee in that case. At least that is how it works for the spouses of the GC holders. You should double check that.

thank you so much for your answer, both of us had a student visa and after that, we applied for asylum ( right now we are out of status,)but I got an interview and he did not. I thought if I get my decision and I approve we can marry and maybe I can add him as a dependent

thank you so much for your answer, both of us had a student visa and after that, we applied for asylum ( right now we are out of status,)but I got an interview and he did not. I thought if I get my decision and I approve we can marry and maybe I can add him as a dependent
when u get approval, u can spouse him after u get ur green card and u marry.

Thank you
1) When I was waiting for my interview for asylum, I was also trying to get a work visa in Europe. My attorney said that as long as you don't get a permanent work permit somewhere else, your asylum application is not affected. Sometimes not even a short-term visa will have a negative impact. However, I was also out of status, and no embassy will process a work visa for you if you don't have valid status. So that didn't happen.

2) Consult with an attorney ASAP. But I believe that as long as you get married BEFORE the actual decision is made, you can add him as a dependent to your own application. If your asylum is approved, he would immediately get derivative asylum as well. If you get married AFTER the decision is made, then you have to wait until you get a GC to be able to sponsor him.

Adding to this... keep in mind that if your application is denied, inversely, he could then add you to his petition. And if his application for asylum is approved, then you would get derivative asylum from him. IF you guys have really been dating for a while, love each other, and it's a real relationship, this would not be a bad idea. But #1, do not get married just for the redundancy. #2. Consult with an attorney first to go over everything.

1) When I was waiting for my interview for asylum, I was also trying to get a work visa in Europe. My attorney said that as long as you don't get a permanent work permit somewhere else, your asylum application is not affected. Sometimes not even a short-term visa will have a negative impact. However, I was also out of status, and no embassy will process a work visa for you if you don't have valid status. So that didn't happen.

2) Consult with an attorney ASAP. But I believe that as long as you get married BEFORE the actual decision is made, you can add him as a dependent to your own application. If your asylum is approved, he would immediately get derivative asylum as well. If you get married AFTER the decision is made, then you have to wait until you get a GC to be able to sponsor him.

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it,
I was doctoral student but because of the financial problem we dropped our studies however university, told us we have 5 years from our withdrawal date to resume our studies at University. so if we register at university only for 1 semester we have status and can we apply for a work visa?

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it,
I was doctoral student but because of the financial problem we dropped our studies however university, told us we have 5 years from our withdrawal date to resume our studies at University. so if we register at university only for 1 semester we have status and can we apply for a work visa?
It all depends on what the Canadian embassy considers a long-term visa/permit. The embassy's website should have a list of documents or which visas they need to check your legal status in the US so they can process your Canadian work visa. If your particular type of visa isn't there, you'd have to contact them via email to ask. Keep in mind that just because your boyfriend has a job offer, that doesn't mean the Canadian embassy will process his visa at the moment. A lot of countries have stopped issuing visas because of COVID.