Waiting Asylum decision

Are you sure?

I looked at the instructions for EAD application and it only specifies that you should include your I-589 receipt notice (or interview notice) and biometric notice to prove that you have a pending asylum application. For other categories like DACA and EB it specifically requires fingerprints to be taken for EAD.
For asylum yes you will need to do your biometric first and you can confirm that with your lawyer if you have one.

In my case, I got the EAD just on April without any Fingerprint or appointment to ASC.
The new regulations schedule ASC appointments for every EAD.

Does USCIS typically send a receipt notice after they receive EAD applications?
How long is this EAD valid for?

Guys,

Read this new rule line by line. It's very important.
https://www.uscis.gov/news/news-rel...yment-eligibility-requirements-asylum-seekers

It says if you submit evidence fewer than 14 days prior to your interview, it will be considered as a deliberate delay and therefore you will not be eligible for EAD. It even says that transferring your case to another asylum office might be a delay that bars the applicant from getting EAD.

This was always there. It causes to stop the clock
They have changed that rule as well. The EAD is no longer based on asylum clock. Whether a delay has triggered the clock to stop or not won't matter according to the new rule. The new rule says that if 365 calendar days (not clock days) have passed since your application, you can apply for EAD. However, if you have caused any delays, such as transferring your case to another office or failure to appear for the interview, your EAD application will be denied. So, be very careful.

I spent the entire last night studying the 300 page draft. Everyone should do the same.

Also, of you applied for asylum after the one-year deadline but before this rule goes into effect (Aug 25, 2020), you will be exempt from the EAD ban.

Hopefully, these regulations will help reduce the number of applicants in the future.

They have changed that rule as well. The EAD is no longer based on asylum clock. Whether a delay has triggered the clock to stop or not won't matter according to the new rule. The new rule says that if 365 calendar days (not clock days) have passed since your application, you can apply for EAD. However, if you have caused any delays, such as transferring your case to another office or failure to appear for the interview, your EAD application will be denied. So, be very careful.

I spent the entire last night studying the 300 page draft. Everyone should do the same.

Also, of you applied for asylum after the one-year deadline but before this rule goes into effect (Aug 25, 2020), you will be exempt from the EAD ban.

Hopefully, these regulations will help reduce the number of applicants in the future.
Thanks!
There's thread '
Changes Coming on Aug 21- Be Aware '
solely for changes discussion. Pls post there

The new regulations schedule ASC appointments for every EAD.

Does USCIS typically send a receipt notice after they receive EAD applications?
How long is this EAD valid for?
Hi Msv5450!
Happy to help you, in my case I filled an additional USCIS (free) form to get notified by a SMS message when USCIS has received my i'765 form, it's form G-1145 and I was notified by email and SMS when they received my application package, also got an I-797C notification by traditional mail (electronic notification was faster than the mail of course), my EAD was issued for 2 years.

So, you didn't have to attend fingerprint before getting EAD or you had fingerprints within a year previously?
Hi BetterWorld!
For my initial EAD it was not mandatory to get my fingerprints, but in the other hand, as a requirement after sending I-589, I had to go to an ASC to get my biometrics captured (less than a year). Beware that after reading the new rules of engagement for EAD it will mandatory to capture your biometrics.

Hello. I have a question regarding EAD renewal request for (c)(8) (pending asylum) class.
What documents need to be included for the renewal request?
I only found a checklist on USCIS website (uscis.gov/i-765Checklist) but it only addresses the initial request required documents and not renewal.

Hello. I have a question regarding EAD renewal request for (c)(8) (pending asylum) class.
What documents need to be included for the renewal request?
I only found a checklist on USCIS website (uscis.gov/i-765Checklist) but it only addresses the initial request required documents and not renewal.
google "I-765 asylum EAD instruction".
You should include a copy of your initial EAD too.

google "I-765 asylum EAD instruction".
You should include a copy of your initial EAD too.

Thank you but all the results only mention the initial request documents. I wasn't able to find a checklist for renewals that includes anything other than I-765 form and copy of initial EAD. I'm not sure if I should include I-589 or not. Or USCIS receipt of I-589.
There is also this: Evidence that your asylum application remains under administrative or judicial review. What documents are accepted as evidence here?

Thank you but all the results only mention the initial request documents. I wasn't able to find a checklist for renewals that includes anything other than I-765 form and copy of initial EAD. I'm not sure if I should include I-589 or not. Or USCIS receipt of I-589.
There is also this: Evidence that your asylum application remains under administrative or judicial review. What documents are accepted as evidence here?
You can submit a copy of your interview notice or the receipt notice of your I-589 to show that the case is still pending under review.

After you applied for your initial EAD, did the USCIS schedule a biometric appointment for you? I mean an extra fingerprint separate from the biometric that you do right after applying for asylum

You can submit a copy of your interview notice or the receipt notice of your I-589 to show that the case is still pending under review.

After you applied for your initial EAD, did the USCIS schedule a biometric appointment for you? I mean an extra fingerprint separate from the biometric that you do right after applying for asylum

I don't have a interview notice yet. I have the Asylum receipt and USCIS acknowledgement mailer but that is mentioned as it's own item separately.

I did not go in for a 2nd round of biometrics for EAD. Only once after applying for asylum.

My EAD card is being produced after 3 month now I am hoping to receive it with a5 category:)

I have been waiting for my interview decision since January. It's still pending and they can't do updates (show correct pending days).

My lawyer said that you can submit evidence on the day of the interview too but the AO will not take a look at the evidence right there. Their COVID policy is to quarantine the submitted material for 3 days before review.
My lawyer mailed new evidences to the office, but during interview my officer said she didn't get them yet. My lawyer brought more copies with him and gave them to asylum officer there which worked out great.