Waiting Asylum decision

Thanks for the update, if USCIS are scheduling interview for earlier scheduled interview and rescheduled due to COVID 19 and presently Newark office is closed, means application for earlier scheduled interview from Newark office will be suspended till further notice or what’s ? Please do have an idea.
Newark office doesn't conduct interviews. You can check their status on USCIS website. it says closed.
When did you apply and did you get an interview notice pre-COVID?

Hello everyone!
Since about 10 day and my EAD clock is frozen on 1370 and never changed till today. I am wondering what does this mean when design is pending but clock is frozen?
Anyone knows?
Mine says uscis portion of clock is running, but doesn't count days and they remain the same. And decsion is pending. Do you have the same situation.

Newark office doesn't conduct interviews. You can check their status on USCIS website. it says closed.
When did you apply and did you get an interview notice pre-COVID?
Thanks for getting in touch, apply Nov 2019, Biometric in December 2019, interview was earlier scheduled in April first week but we got rescheduled notice due to COVID 19 and yet to get the new date. I spoke to them today, am told they already scheduling interview even in Newark office but they aren’t open to the general public.

Means nothing, just a glitch in the system. Mine was stopped for almost three months.

Someone says here in this forum that when this happens, it means that someone is working on your case or they interned some info and when they do that, they do not close your info until either finish it or continue the pending status

Too many pending cases. Curious what's gonna be in 5 years, when they make more interviews. I can't understand why do you make new interviews if you don't have people to work with existed ones. Stupid shit, no logic

I don't want to be alarmist, but it seems this administration's long term goal is to continue closing out options for most people like us. Including this latest action. Where it concerns us here is this statement: ".....announced Monday that it is working toward permanent regulatory reforms that would crack down on H-1B visas and work permits for asylum seekers." Not sure what that is. But increasingly, the space is shrinking.

I don't want to be alarmist, but it seems this administration's long term goal is to continue closing out options for most people like us. Including this latest action. Where it concerns us here is this statement: ".....announced Monday that it is working toward permanent regulatory reforms that would crack down on H-1B visas and work permits for asylum seekers." Not sure what that is. But increasingly, the space is shrinking.
The presidential order was issued an hour ago. It only bans new H1b visas and not asylum EADs.
source

Right but the new asylum changes is coming out on 6/26/2020
I just read this proclamation. it will go into effect on Aug 21, 2020.

The gist of it is that you will have wait for a whole year (365 days) before applying for EAD.

I will be eligible to apply for EAD by the end of July. So, I can get around this rule before it becomes effective. However, I have not had my biomterics taken yet. Their offices will be closed until July 13. Does anyone know if fingerprints are required for EAD application?

The gist of it is that you will have wait for a whole year (365 days) before applying for EAD.

I will be eligible to apply for EAD by the end of July. So, I can get around this rule before it becomes effective. However, I have not had my biomterics taken yet. Their offices will be closed until July 13. Does anyone know if fingerprints are required for EAD application?
For the first time applying for the EAD yes you will need to do your biometrics first and i pray you get it done Soon. So you can get your EAD

Application received before this 'Aug 21, 2020 ' would be able to apply EAD under prev rule, Right?

For the first time applying for the EAD yes you will need to do your biometrics first and i pray you get it done Soon. So you can get your EAD
Are you sure?

I looked at the instructions for EAD application and it only specifies that you should include your I-589 receipt notice (or interview notice) and biometric notice to prove that you have a pending asylum application. For other categories like DACA and EB it specifically requires fingerprints to be taken for EAD.