Waiting Asylum decision

Honestly, I would gladly accept to go court instead of receiving NOID. Because you get a second chance to present your case in front pf the judge, but if you send a rebuttal after getting an NOID, you will be given a final denial in 99% of the cases. The officers don't bother with rebuttals and send out denials pretty smoothly.
After denial, you still will be going to court. Am i missing something?

Hello everyone i have a question please if you guys know anything ill be waiting answers. After my interwiev my ead clock kept continue but last two weeks ead stopped on 148. day but normally it should have been around 160 something, but for website 148. seems stuck so i send my ead form are they gonna count 148 day or since receipt day. Hows my stuation could i get a ead
Sometimes delay in updates...Check after couple of days. Should be 150 days from receipt date

How I can see my congressman? If I wants to get update on my case ?
You do not need to go in person, just search on the internet and find your state senator, then call them and ask how you can request for the case inquiry. I filled an online form in the website assigned to the senator in our area and they asked me to send consent form and all require info and then after 14 days gave me back with an email contain their reply. Mostly the response is template however no harm if you try.

@7of9
Hi, I remember you said that you completed your degree while you had the pending asylum status. Can you give me some advice regarding to this?
No...I said I completed the degree with pending green card (as an asylee). I didn't apply for school when I had pending asylum.

Asylum decision delayed(3 weeks) in Newark office. What is the best way to contact them? Phone number did not work. Office visit , It hard to drive over 3 hour. Any Suggestion please

Asylum decision delayed(3 weeks) in Newark office. What is the best way to contact them? Phone number did not work. Office visit , It hard to drive over 3 hour. Any Suggestion please
They tell everyone to pick up the decision in two weeks. That is B.S.
Almost never happens, especially for approvals.
Be patient and check your mail box instead of driving to the office

You do not need to go in person, just search on the internet and find your state senator, then call them and ask how you can request for the case inquiry. I filled an online form in the website assigned to the senator in our area and they asked me to send consent form and all require info and then after 14 days gave me back with an email contain their reply. Mostly the response is template however no harm if you try.
Is it state senator or congressman?

Filled an online form with my congressman now. Hope he responds

I finished My asylum interview recently, the officer asked me the original evidence of the police clearance letter from the New York City which I lived in. What does it mean? Why they asked it? Who have the same experience?

I finished My asylum interview recently, the officer asked me the original evidence of the police clearance letter from the New York City which I lived in. What does it mean? Why they asked it? Who have the same experience?
if you were previously arrested by the police, submit the evidence that you were released.

When did you apply?

newyark i have been arrest for one night for the quarrel between my ex-girlfriend, but the judge in the court said the record will be dismissed in six month.

Hey guys, I’m asking this question for my friend who’s asylum case is pending for 3 years. He’s trying to apply for green card through the company that he works. He’s having an USA degree too. Will that work for him? He doesn’t use any forums, so he wanted me to ask this from the people who has experienced it.

Hey guys, I’m asking this question for my friend who’s asylum case is pending for 3 years. He’s trying to apply for green card through the company that he works. He’s having an USA degree too. Will that work for him? He doesn’t use any forums, so he wanted me to ask this from the people who has experienced it.
If he's not on a legal status such as H1-B or F-1, the employer can NOT spomsor him for green card. The reason is that they will eventually have to file for "Adjust of Status to GC" and since the applicant has no status, you can't adjust it to GC. They will have to leave the US and request consular processing of an immigrant visa. Departing the US will automatically nullify his pending asylum application and there won't be any guarantee if the US embassy abroad will him the immigrant visa or not. However, if your friend has maintained his status (has been working through OPT or H1-B), he can get an employent based green card without leaving the US. Remember that a pending asylum is not a legal status, it's a lawful presence.

If he has no legal status, I don't recommend abandoning the asylum. Just keep working for the same company and ask them to file for labor certificate and I-140 while the asylum is pending. if I-140 approved, you cannot file I-485 to get GC because you have no status. instead, wait till you get your final asylum denial and then request consular processing of an immigrant visa through the employer -> leave the US -> re-renter with the visa -> get your GC

If he's not on a legal status such as H1-B or F-1, the employer can NOT spomsor him for green card. The reason is that they will eventually have to file for "Adjust of Status to GC" and since the applicant has no status, you can't adjust it to GC. They will have to leave the US and request consular processing of an immigrant visa. Departing the US will automatically nullify his pending asylum application and there won't be any guarantee if the US embassy abroad will him the immigrant visa or not. However, if your friend has maintained his status (has been working through OPT or H1-B), he can get an employent based green card without leaving the US. Remember that a pending asylum is not a legal status, it's a lawful presence.

If he has no legal status, I don't recommend abandoning the asylum. Just keep working for the same company and ask them to file for labor certificate and I-140 while the asylum is pending. if I-140 approved, you cannot file I-485 to get GC because you have no status. instead, wait till you get your final asylum denial and then request consular processing of an immigrant visa through the employer -> leave the US -> re-renter with the visa -> get your GC
He’s a dependent in the asylum application. Will it be risky to have an interview in his back home country? He doesn’t has any life threat.

He’s a dependent in the asylum application. Will it be risky to have an interview in his back home country? He doesn’t has any life threat.
The US embassy in the home country will view him as disingenuous man who applied for asylum and went back to his home country. They probably won't give him the immigrant visa for the same reason that they won't give you a US passport if you travel back to your home country.

The employment based route (PERM + I-140) takes about one year. It will be longer if you're based in Bay Area because there are lots of companies in the west coast. Apply for these two, get them approved and wait for the asylum.

The US embassy in the home country will view him as disingenuous man who applied for asylum and went back to his home country. They probably won't give him the immigrant visa for the same reason that they won't give you a US passport if you travel back to your home country.

The employment based route (PERM + I-140) takes about one year. It will be longer if you're based in Bay Area because there are lots of companies in the west coast. Apply for these two, get them approved and wait for the asylum.
He did not apply for asylum, he’s just a dependent on his spouse application.

He did not apply for asylum, he’s just a dependent on his spouse application.
That's really tricky.

He can stay here until his employent immigration gets approved and only requires consular processing. Then he can leave the US and visit an embassy. They will either issue the visa or they don't. if he doesn't get the visa, there is no way he could get beack to the US, because he will never be able to get a tourist or non-immigrant visa (because he was an asylum history in the US, even as a dependent). He'll have to wait for his spouse's asylum result. The spouse can later sponsor him to come back to the US as a dependent. Remember that even him going to back to the home country will raise lots of red flags and questions for the spouse when they want to adjust status from aslyee to GC.