Waiting Asylum decision

1. September 2019: Total court referrals: 1759. Filling Deadline referrals: 1124 out of 1759 = 63.899% cases sent to immigration court because they were submitted 1-year after deadline.
2. August 2019: 1294 out of 1725 = 75% cases sent to immigration court because they were submitted 1-year after deadline.
3. July 2019: 91% cases sent to immigration court because they were submitted 1-year after deadline.
4. June 2019: 77.24% cases sent to immigration court because they were submitted 1-year after deadline.
5. May 2019: 94.736%

This graph might help:

View attachment 1444

My point? Officers almost always refer cases filled after 1-year deadline to immigration court. I don't know, but that is what the data shows. This is not my opinion, i'm just interpreting the data as presented by USCIS.

AO might not have the rights to decide on those cases filed after 1 year deadline. Do we've any data showing cases approved by AO/Interview those were filed after 1 year deadline.

For ex: To be more sure on this:

Please excuse if i am missing something...
1. September 2019: Total court referrals: 1759. Filling Deadline referrals: 1124 out of 1759 = 63.899% cases sent to immigration court because they were submitted 1-year after deadline.
Out of Total 1759 only 1124 cases were filed after 1 year deadline or more?

But, from this data, one thing we can say for sure, that majority of cases filed after 1 year deadline were sent to immigration court.

Last edited:
Hello ,have you heard from Nebraska concerning your spouse i730,please update me
I didn’t open the thread for a long time, but here I’m , I still didn’t hear anything from Nebraska office even though they say they are working on cases applied 40 days after me .

Hi, can an asylum pending applicant apply for federal student loan?
No.
But an asylee can.

I don't even think you can apply for private student loans if you don't have an F-1 visa. Because I have checked several of them like Wells Fargo and they require some sort of visa. Plus you will have to provide an American co-signer

No.
But an asylee can.

I don't even think you can apply for private student loans if you don't have an F-1 visa. Because I have checked several of them like Wells Fargo and they require some sort of visa. Plus you will have to provide an American co-signer
. Can we complete the degree with the pending asylum status?

@7of9
Hi, I remember you said that you completed your degree while you had the pending asylum status. Can you give me some advice regarding to this?

Guys very unusual situation here. I filed asylum in December 2018 and interviewed in Jan 2019 while in status in H1B Status in San Francisco. I received decision from SF where I received Notice to Appear (refer to immigration court) and a notice stating why my Asylum is not granted (not a final decision). I am very confident that I am still in status and have all the proof to support my claim. But my question is should I go back to Asylum Office and explain them that I am in status and get NOID or should I follow direction in the letter it says that my current jurisdiction over my asylum application is with immigration court and just explain to judge that I am currently in status and also explain my asylum situation.

I have not heard anyone with valid status being referred to Immigration court before and do you think the judge will also hear my asylum claim while I also prove that I am in status? If judge says that I am in status then wouldn't he again ask me to go back to asylum office and get NOID instead? I am very confused. Anyone with similar situation?

Hello people please if you have any enquiry to make on your pending asylum case can you walk into their office or you need to book appointment before coming? Someone should please respond

Guys very unusual situation here. I filed asylum in December 2018 and interviewed in Jan 2019 while in status in H1B Status in San Francisco. I received decision from SF where I received Notice to Appear (refer to immigration court) and a notice stating why my Asylum is not granted (not a final decision). I am very confident that I am still in status and have all the proof to support my claim. But my question is should I go back to Asylum Office and explain them that I am in status and get NOID or should I follow direction in the letter it says that my current jurisdiction over my asylum application is with immigration court and just explain to judge that I am currently in status and also explain my asylum situation.

I have not heard anyone with valid status being referred to Immigration court before and do you think the judge will also hear my asylum claim while I also prove that I am in status? If judge says that I am in status then wouldn't he again ask me to go back to asylum office and get NOID instead? I am very confused. Anyone with similar situation?
Honestly, I would gladly accept to go court instead of receiving NOID. Because you get a second chance to present your case in front pf the judge, but if you send a rebuttal after getting an NOID, you will be given a final denial in 99% of the cases. The officers don't bother with rebuttals and send out denials pretty smoothly.

After 1 year you got a referral to court? did you make case inquiry during waiting time and what was their reply?

Hello people please if you have any enquiry to make on your pending asylum case can you walk into their office or you need to book appointment before coming? Someone should please respond
I ask the congressmen and they sent a case inquiry on behalf of us. they replied in the background check. If it passes 6 months of your interview, ask your congressman to send an inquiry.

Hello everyone i have a question please if you guys know anything ill be waiting answers. After my interwiev my ead clock kept continue but last two weeks ead stopped on 148. day but normally it should have been around 160 something, but for website 148. seems stuck so i send my ead form are they gonna count 148 day or since receipt day. Hows my stuation could i get a ead

Hello everyone i have a question please if you guys know anything ill be waiting answers. After my interwiev my ead clock kept continue but last two weeks ead stopped on 148. day but normally it should have been around 160 something, but for website 148. seems stuck so i send my ead form are they gonna count 148 day or since receipt day. Hows my stuation could i get a ead
When did you apply? when was your interview?