Waiting Asylum decision

@nss2009 What is your basis for saying that it is okay for an F1 student to use an Asylum EAD to work? Requirements for F1 status are very clear, including how they treat working.
I messaged one of the old members of this forum who applied for asylum EAD while he was a student (back in 2015), worked part time with the EAD, the EAD expired, he then applied for OPT and it was approved. He even got a second asylum EAD after the OPT expired. So, USCIS doesn't see working with asylum EAD as a violation of F-1 because OPT is also handled by USCIS.

The requirement for keeping F-1 is to be "enrolled full-time" and not work off-campus without authorization. You'll maintain F-1 status as long as you meet these requirements every semester, except for summer which is okay if you are not registered full-time (9 credit coursework or equivalent). There are times that the school DSO issues work authorization for students pre-graduation, either through CPT or because of severe economic hardship, and it does not violate F-1

Asylum EAD makes the applicant authorized to work legally. I agree that it's a loophole and you won't find many elaborations of this online. There is a noticeable disagreement and ignorance among immigration attorneys on AVVO regarding this too because it is rare for a student to be authorized to work prior to adjustment of status.

This is my problem as well. I had my interview in January 2019, after about one month the online status was showing "My Decision is Pending" but after a few weeks it changed to "My Application is Pending"
I made several inquiries at the Asylum office but the guys there seem not to understand my inquiry........All the say is that "there problem with that, that is how it shows.
Still waiting for decision to-date, I am just super frustrated
I’m also in the same boat even my status changed to “ application pending” from “ decision pending “for almost 4 months now. FYI my decision is pending since 2018. I called to the USCIS and they were like decision pending and application pending are similar. Did you contact them?

Hi everybody. Today i checked my online status and it said decision was mailed but EAD clock is currently running. So does that mean referring to court or something else. I have been interviewed on August. Thanks a lot

Hi everybody. Today i checked my online status and it said decision was mailed but EAD clock is currently running. So does that mean referring to court or something else. I have been interviewed on August. Thanks a lot

No one can be sure until you receive the official mail. But since the clock is running it might be a bad sign. Looks like you were in status when you filed your case. That means you might be getting NOID and not a referral to the court. However, if your OPT is expired and see if I-94 is also expired, you might be able to talk to asylum office to see if they can instead refer to the court.

No one can be sure until you receive the official mail. But since the clock is running it might be a bad sign. Looks like you were in status when you filed your case. That means you might be getting NOID and not a referral to the court. However, if your OPT is expired and see if I-94 is also expired, you might be able to talk to asylum office to see if they can instead refer to the court.
I am out of status 1 year ago so.

I’m also in the same boat even my status changed to “ application pending” from “ decision pending “for almost 4 months now. FYI my decision is pending since 2018. I called to the USCIS and they were like decision pending and application pending are similar. Did you contact them?
What is your office?

So you had statuse "decision is pending" for about one year?

It really sounds similar. But it is extremely unclear why in a small percentage of cases they use this status and in rest of cases not.

What is your office?

So you had statuse "decision is pending" for about one year?

It really sounds similar. But it is extremely unclear why in a small percentage of cases they use this status and in rest of cases not.
Chicago
And yes it did show decision pending for almost 2018(may) - 2019 (August)

This is really frustrating and seems like they have brought new laws for asylum seekers on 2020 especially for EAD and EAD renewal fee is $490 now.

I made 3 physical visits in and all they could tell me is that there is no problem with the status showing "Application is pending"

We have discussed this before. Please ignore the online status changes - for asylees, the system will change a million times. Ignore this. If you want the real status of your application, go to your local asylum office. The online status is 'owned' by USCIS, who could update it if they have information on your case. Unfortunately, once your asylum file/case is transferred to your local asylum office....USCIS has zero visibility about your case....the only reason why the status changes is because of 'system' changes, NOT your case changes. USCIS only takes over once a decision has been made by your local office.

Summary:

1. Use USCIS case status queries from the day they receive your case - for such things as biometrics, interview scheduling etc.

2. Case transferred to local office - Once your case has been transferred to your local asylum office, forget about checking status online. This is also applicable to asylee based green card application

3. Once the interview is over, real status of your case stays with the local asylum office - and these guys are notorious for never updating case status until they make a decision. Means you can call USCIS a million times, and they will not know anything about your case. In fact, don't bother calling them, or checking the case status online. Go to your local office.

Good luck.

We have discussed this before. Please ignore the online status changes - for asylees, the system will change a million times. Ignore this. If you want the real status of your application, go to your local asylum office. The online status is 'owned' by USCIS, who could update it if they have information on your case. Unfortunately, once your asylum file/case is transferred to your local asylum office....USCIS has zero visibility about your case....the only reason why the status changes is because of 'system' changes, NOT your case changes. USCIS only takes over once a decision has been made by your local office.

Summary:

1. Use USCIS case status queries from the day they receive your case - for such things as biometrics, interview scheduling etc.

2. Case transferred to local office - Once your case has been transferred to your local asylum office, forget about checking status online. This is also applicable to asylee based green card application

3. Once the interview is over, real status of your case stays with the local asylum office - and these guys are notorious for never updating case status until they make a decision. Means you can call USCIS a million times, and they will not know anything about your case. In fact, don't bother calling them, or checking the case status online. Go to your local office.

Good luck.
How we can go and check with our local asylum office? mine is Chicago and I live far from it, 5 hours driving.
I tried to call but the person behind the line regret to check my case and just said check online.

Please has anyone being referred to court got a 3rd master hearing notice? Am confused, the first I went alone, the second with a lawyer and was given till end of 2023 for individual hearing. Last month my lawyer told me they send her notice for a rescheduled hearing for 2020, me I believed it to be the individual hearing until he sent me a copy yesterday and it read master hearing. Am confused has anyone had a situation like that? What would warrant a 3rd master hearing?

Summary:

Good luck.
I received the below message after inquiring about my case via congressman. Does anybody know how I can interpret it and does it mean a positive sign?
I interviewed in January 2019 in Chicago AO.

"U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) records confirm that Mrs. X’s case is pending background check clearance. USCIS is committed to adjudicating immigration benefits in a timely manner while also ensuring public safety and national security. A small percentage of applications and petitions have unresolved background check issues that temporarily delay adjudication. Although USCIS makes every effort to resolve such cases promptly, USCIS is unable to speculate when the background check will be completed.

If a background check reveals an issue that may impact an applicant’s eligibility for the requested immigration benefit, further inquiry is needed. The inquiry may include an additional interview and/or contact with another agency for updates or more comprehensive information. Upon gathering and assessing all available information, USCIS will adjudicate the application as quickly as possible.

USCIS realizes that Mrs. X may be frustrated by the progress of his case. However, the agency must balance individual inconvenience against broader issues of public safety and national security."

I received the below message after inquiring about my case via congressman. Does anybody know how I can interpret it and does it mean a positive sign?
I interviewed in January 2019 in Chicago AO.

"U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) records confirm that Mrs. X’s case is pending background check clearance. USCIS is committed to adjudicating immigration benefits in a timely manner while also ensuring public safety and national security. A small percentage of applications and petitions have unresolved background check issues that temporarily delay adjudication. Although USCIS makes every effort to resolve such cases promptly, USCIS is unable to speculate when the background check will be completed.

If a background check reveals an issue that may impact an applicant’s eligibility for the requested immigration benefit, further inquiry is needed. The inquiry may include an additional interview and/or contact with another agency for updates or more comprehensive information. Upon gathering and assessing all available information, USCIS will adjudicate the application as quickly as possible.

USCIS realizes that Mrs. X may be frustrated by the progress of his case. However, the agency must balance individual inconvenience against broader issues of public safety and national security."
Here is my personal take on it:

I think the AO found you qualified for asylum and your case is going through the background security checks. I think you've been recommended for approval but USCIS does not always reflect that in the case status. However, they must do security checking on your background to make sure there's nothing suspicious about you. Couple of things that might complicate security check: history of military service and serving in the armed forces, coming from a communist, Muslim, travel banned or US-adversary type of country, having criminal history, having an immediate family member with a shady past, any gross violation of your legal status in the US.

Be patient and keep us posted

Hello everyone!
Is anyone having an issue with asylum clock?
Mine is not counting for 10 days now, I think it is probably the system's error?

Hello everyone!
Is anyone having an issue with asylum clock?
Mine is not counting for 10 days now, I think it is probably the system's error?
My has also stopped for couple of days now, but I have not read someone else clock stopped for 10 days straight. It might be sign of good thing to come. Good luck and keep us posted.

My has also stopped for couple of days now, but I have not read someone else clock stopped for 10 days straight. It might be sign of good thing to come. Good luck and keep us posted.
Thank you, for yor response, i just read on another forum that someone's clock stoped for 2 weeks and then went back to normal.

Are you currently in status?
What about USCIS portion of the EAD Clock? is it currently running or stopped?
I am out of status, waiting decision for 3,5 years. It says decision pending, EAD clock is currently running, so it is refferal or just a system problem

It is possible to get SSN without/before EAD?
Not for work purposes, but for opening a bank account and other similar things.

If not, what about ITIN (Individual Taxpayer Identification Number)?