Waiting Asylum decision

Update! So yesterday I finally got a mail from USCIS regarding my OPT. They issued an RFE October 21 and I need to respond with additional documents. This means my OPT and therefore F status is still in place. Fingers crossed on not getting a denial as I would like to maintain my status as long as possible!
I would like to ask knowledgeable people to read this:

"By Attorney Nadia Khalid

Updated April 2019

As of April 2019, hundreds of affirmative asylum applications remain, to this day, without an interview after being pending anywhere from 1-3 years. If this situation describes you, here are some important updates, as of April 2019, that are helpful for you to keep in mind:

Asylum Interview: When do you get anasylum interview notice? Currently a policy called “Last in, First Out: Last in, First Out (“LIFO”) is still being practiced by asylum offices across the U.S. This means that the more recent an application is filed, the more priority it is given to get an interview
However, not all applications that are filed recently receive an interview. There is a percentage of 15-20% of cases that are filed during LIFO, but that do not receive an interview. These cases automatically go into the asylum office’s backlog and remain there. As far as we know, the asylum office has not started working on their backlog of cases yet."
For some reason I can't input the full link to the website but if you need it just pm me.
Can this possibly mean that my case is among aforementioned percentage of filed cases?
If so is it backlog of LIFO or FILO(or whatever it is called)?
Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Update! So yesterday I finally got a mail from USCIS regarding my OPT. They issued an RFE October 21 and I need to respond with additional documents. This means my OPT and therefore F status is still in place. Fingers crossed on not getting a denial as I would like to maintain my status as long as possible!
I would like to ask knowledgeable people to read this:

"By Attorney Nadia Khalid

Updated April 2019

As of April 2019, hundreds of affirmative asylum applications remain, to this day, without an interview after being pending anywhere from 1-3 years. If this situation describes you, here are some important updates, as of April 2019, that are helpful for you to keep in mind:

Asylum Interview: When do you get anasylum interview notice? Currently a policy called “Last in, First Out: Last in, First Out (“LIFO”) is still being practiced by asylum offices across the U.S. This means that the more recent an application is filed, the more priority it is given to get an interview
However, not all applications that are filed recently receive an interview. There is a percentage of 15-20% of cases that are filed during LIFO, but that do not receive an interview. These cases automatically go into the asylum office’s backlog and remain there. As far as we know, the asylum office has not started working on their backlog of cases yet."
For some reason I can't input the full link to the website but if you need it just pm me.
Can this possibly mean that my case is among aforementioned percentage of filed cases?
If so is it backlog of LIFO or FILO(or whatever it is called)?
Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
My lawyer told me she had a case that had to wait 5 months for an interview. So, yeah. it is possible in some rare cases.

Hello everyone! I just joined the forum and it was really helpful. I want to ask some questions on how to expedite decision. I applied to asylum back in June, 2013 and was interviewed in SF in November, 2015. After two weeks I received Recommended for Approval decision and back in 2017 they requested Court disposition records regarding my spouse arrests. After that we didn't receive any updates and we moved from SF to Chicago in 2016. So I flew from Chicago to SF this week to require case status during walk in hours. Clerk checked my case and said that it is Pending Background check. I requested to speak with Supervisor and Supervisor said that they are not aware why my decision is pending for 4 years now, but told that she will make a request to investigate my case.

Also I would like to know how long it took you guys to renew EAD with Dallas filing location?

Hope we will get approved decision soon and wish everybody who is waiting also to get positive outcome!

Hello guys,
I applied for asylum in April 2015, Seattle based on LGBT case, my interview was at September 2018 and after the interview never heard back from them, my lawyer kept sending emails and no response, I decided to go to San Fransisco asylum office to ask about any update, I went there like 2 weeks ago and they told me that they didn't reach decision on my case yet, the lady said she is going to email the officer who did my interview. After that, I checked my case status online and it was still a decision pending and the clock stopped from that day Today I checked and the status was decision mailed and the USCIS portion of the clock stopped, Is that a good sign? Does that mean it is approved? because I see from this thread that it should say fees waived for approved?
Please help

Hello guys,
I applied for asylum in April 2015, Seattle based on LGBT case, my interview was at September 2018 and after the interview never heard back from them, my lawyer kept sending emails and no response, I decided to go to San Fransisco asylum office to ask about any update, I went there like 2 weeks ago and they told me that they didn't reach decision on my case yet, the lady said she is going to email the officer who did my interview. After that, I checked my case status online and it was still a decision pending and the clock stopped from that day Today I checked and the status was decision mailed and the USCIS portion of the clock stopped, Is that a good sign? Does that mean it is approved? because I see from this thread that it should say fees waived for approved?
Please help
Are you out of status? I think depending on your status or lack of it, this has different meanings

Hello guys,
Please help
here is the naswer to your question:

"Fees were waived" is the best status one could receive as it means that the Asylum office requested an EAD for you and the fees for this EAD were waived.
On the other hand, "Decision was mailed" could mean a lot of things:
1. Decision was mailed and the EAD colck is currently running, could be recommend approval or referral to court.
2. Decision was mailed and the EAD colck is currently stopped, there are two possibilities:
a. If out of status: then it is approval
b. If in status: approval or final deny.

Since you are out of status, clock stopped means approval

Hello Guys
Hope every one is doing good. Please I want to find out that who is familiar with how when you petition for your wife it works?
Because My Asylum was granted and I petition for my wife and today I received a received mail and when I checked the status online it said fees were waived. Please does this also means that she has been granted as well?
Thank you
Congratulations on your wife's approval, i filled I 730 for my husband in Nebraska center, how long did it take for the approval and what center, Thank you.

Congratulations on your wife's approval, i filled I 730 for my husband in Nebraska center, how long did it take for the approval and what center, Thank you.
It seems like he didn’t get approval yet. I applied for my husband in December 2018 in Nebraska office and I still didn’t receive any thing from them other than the receipt, my case still shows fees were waived when I check online.

Hello everyone, I want to know if anyone has got any decision from the Newark office recently. I know that lots of officers in that office were reassigned to the border in August, I just want to know if the office is making any decisions at all... Thanks.

Reactions: Sxz
Hello everyone, I want to know if anyone has got any decision from the Newark office recently. I know that lots of officers in that office were reassigned to the border in August, I just want to know if the office is making any decisions at all... Thanks.
I know someone who was denied from Newark about two months ago. They said here that their rebuttal was denied. originally interviewed in May 2019.

I haven't even seen a single person in this forum reporting that they have applied for asylum within the past 6 weeks. This lack of activity is is really strange and it is starting to make me worried because I am about to file my own case. I don't know what's going on.

Reactions: Sxz
I

I was interviewed early july! No decision yet!

Hi guys, did anyone receive the decision recently from SF Office? I've been waiting for 2 years and a month.
I start feeling insecure and worry about it. :confused: Can anyone who has a case under SF share about the decision waiting process?

I tried to email to SF USCIS but no answer and the phone number can not receive voicemail anymore and no one picks it up.

I live in Washington.[/QUOTE
Did you receive decision yet ?
I've done my interview Aug 2017 and I live in Washington
no decision yet