Waiting Asylum decision

Hello Guys
Hope every one is doing good. Please I want to find out that who is familiar with how when you petition for your wife it works?
Because My Asylum was granted and I petition for my wife and today I received a received mail and when I checked the status online it said fees were waived. Please does this also means that she has been granted as well?
Thank you
Your wife's case hasn't been approved yet. "Fees were waived" in I-730 means that you are not going to pay fees for her application because you have been granted asylum. For processing, if your case number is at Nebraska office, it will take 9 to 12 month. If it is at Texas service center, it will take 12 to 15 month. Her case now is waiting in the line, and when her turn comes, they will send you that the case has been scheduled for an interview. If she is in US, the interview will be in USCIS office. If she's overseas, the interview will be in the US embassy. After the interview they will decide if she is eligible for asylee derivative status or not. They mainly check if the marriage still exists. Then they will approve the status for her if she in the states or she will get a visa to enter the states as Asylee derivative if she is overseas.
Finally, after one year of getting asylee derivative, she can apply for a permanent residence.

Last edited:
Your wife's case hasn't been approved yet. "Fees were waived" in I-730 means that you are not going to pay fees for her application because you have been granted asylum. For processing, if your case number is at Nebraska office, it will take 9 to 12 month. If it is at Texas service center, it will take 12 to 15 month. Her case now is waiting in the line, and when her turn comes, they will send you that the case has been scheduled for an interview. If she is in US, the interview will be in USCIS office. If she's overseas, the interview will be in the US embassy. After the interview they will decide if she is eligible for asylee derivative status or not. They mainly check if the marriage still exists. Then they will approve the status for her if she in the states or she will get a visa to enter the states as Asylee derivative if she is overseas.
Finally, after one year of getting asylee derivative, she can apply for a permanent residence.
Apt. Thanks for the information

Hi friends, Has anyone called newark office to ask about pending decision? I once called a number and there was automatic reply saying my case is pending . Is there anyway we can call and talk to an officer or anybody and ask about our case? Thanks

Hi friends, Has anyone called newark office to ask about pending decision? I once called a number and there was automatic reply saying my case is pending . Is there anyway we can call and talk to an officer or anybody and ask about our case? Thanks
It's a waste of time trying to call them. They will just tell you it is pending and you will have to just wait it out.