Waiting Asylum decision

I had my decision from sf in 2 weeks in September. It was referral though.
Hey,

Do you think you know what the "material inconsistency" was that resulted in your referral? Was there something obviously suspicious in your case that made the AO reject you?

Yes i know what inconsistencies were during interview. I had consulted with 3-4 top most attorneys after that and everyone said they are not valid inconsistencies and they are not big deal. But unfortunately AO are more willing to refer cases if there are any inconsistencies in your testimony. There was nothing suspicious in my case. Their job is to look for any inconsistencies or try to create and whether you made clear for them, I think it doesn’t matter. They will do what they want to do. That’s my experience with AO.

Yes i know what inconsistencies were during interview. I had consulted with 3-4 top most attorneys after that and everyone said they are not valid inconsistencies and they are not big deal. But unfortunately AO are more willing to refer cases if there are any inconsistencies in your testimony. There was nothing suspicious in my case. Their job is to look for any inconsistencies or try to create and whether you made clear for them, I think it doesn’t matter. They will do what they want to do. That’s my experience with AO.
I am writing my own testimony right now to apply for asylum in a month. I want to make sure I don't make any mistakes.
Could you tell me the nature of the inconsistencies in your statement?
For example, did you have contradicting sections in your statement?
or Did you give wrong dates?
or Wasn't your statement consistent with the affidavits that others wrote for you?
or the AO asked you an unexpected question and you gave an answer that was not consistent with your written statement because you were stressed?

Thanks a lot.

Most important are about dates and timing. In my case, few people from office of my attorney worked on my declaration because of that mismatch of timing occurs. In my declaration i wrote something about sunset and when AO asked me at interview i told around 5pm and he said he checked the data of that day sunset happened around 7pm so there is mismatch of timing something like that. It all depends upon what has happened to you not to write everything perfect to make up things. I recommend you to not to make things perfect and write whatever is true. Because their job is to find issues and if you make up things you will get trapped.

Hi everyone
Last week, I sent my documents for work authorization ,but until now when I check my Case status there is not any update. Would you kindly tell me what was
your status when you applied for work authorization?
Are you applying for the first time on pending asylum case or renewing? Until you get your receipt from USCIS you won't be able to track the application. It takes 7 to 10 days to get a receipt after filling . It's over 2 weeks now. What's your update?

Are you applying for the first time on pending asylum case or renewing? Until you get your receipt from USCIS you won't be able to track the application. It takes 7 to 10 days to get a receipt after filling . It's over 2 weeks now. What's your update?

Thank you for your Email.

yes this is the first rime .

no I did not receive any Track number Just 5 days ago I receive letter from USCIS about they receive I-765 request . do you know how long after this letter can I get my card? I submitted my document on 28 October,

Thank you for your Email.

yes this is the first rime .

no I did not receive any Track number Just 5 days ago I receive letter from USCIS about they receive I-765 request . do you know how long after this letter can I get my card? I submitted my document on 28 October,
What you received is what shows they have received your documents. Now what you do is this, there is a 3 letter code with 10 digit number , go to the uscis site where you can check your case status, (type uscis case status on google) input those letters and numbers there it will show you the stage your case has been with them concerning your EAD issuance. It takes a 30 days for a first time applicant of a pending asylum case to receive EAD. Hope I answered your questions and concerns. Let me know how it goes and when u do receive it. Good luck

What you received is what shows they have received your documents. Now what you do is this, there is a 3 letter code with 10 digit number , go to the uscis site where you can check your case status, (type uscis case status on google) input those letters and numbers there it will show you the stage your case has been with them concerning your EAD issuance. It takes a 30 days for a first time applicant of a pending asylum case to receive EAD. Hope I answered your questions and concerns. Let me know how it goes and when u do receive it. Good luck

Thank you so much ,I really appreciate it.
This is my Case status.
How long it is going to take from November 4th for me to get my EAD card?

Attachments

• photo_2019-11-15_09-43-34.jpg
    photo_2019-11-15_09-43-34.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 30
Thank you so much ,I really appreciate it.
This is my Case status.
How long it is going to take from November 4th for me to get my EAD card?
On or before end of November all things been equal. Just be checking it daily it will be showing you your updates. Good luck and update us too.

Hey guys I applied Nov 2014 @ Anaheim office moved to Washington 2016
I had interview Aug 2017@Seattle office
Called for 2d interview wasn’t really interview just verifying wife information
Still No decision
Any one with similar situation??

Guys, it is approval! thanks for the support everyone, it was such a hard 4.5 years
My timeline:
filled asylum LGBT 04/2015 in WA state
Had an interview on 09/2018 after a request of an expedition in Seattle office
went in person to inquire about my case at 10/2019
status changed to decision mailed on 10/31/2019
Approval notice in the mail after I signed for it on 11/4/2019
status changed to a new work authorization card was sent on 11/18/2019-by the way why they are sending me a new card? mine doesn't expire until 03/2021?? Does anyone know?

I recommend whoever waiting for a decision at San Fransisco to go in person on their walk-in hours

Good Luck guys

Guys, it is approval! thanks for the support everyone, it was such a hard 4.5 years
My timeline:
filled asylum LGBT 04/2015 in WA state
Had an interview on 09/2018 after a request of an expedition in Seattle office
went in person to inquire about my case at 10/2019
status changed to decision mailed on 10/31/2019
Approval notice in the mail after I signed for it on 11/4/2019
status changed to a new work authorization card was sent on 11/18/2019-by the way why they are sending me a new card? mine doesn't expire until 03/2021?? Does anyone know?

I recommend whoever waiting for a decision at San Fransisco to go in person on their walk-in hours

Good Luck guys
Congratulations!

How can walk in check make a change? I did not get what you meant. Can you please explain it more?
Thanks! and congratulations again.

Maybe someone can help me out with this.. I applied for asylum in 2014, the clock was showing that my case was pending for 1961 days. I checked it today and now it shows it’s pending for 1843 days. How is it possible? Thanks

I just meant the more you ask the faster they will give you a decision!
This is NOT true. Please don't give misguided advice based solely on what happened with your case. There are many many different reasons why cases take longer than others, and badgering officers with constant, unexpected visits isn't going to help you.

Maybe you’re punching wrong number i hit one nunmber wrong some body else cases came out it was showing denial I figured other day that i have done mistake.make sure you’re receipt Number is right

Hello guys.
It's been great learning from this forum especially since Last In First Out applied.
My timeline:
Sep 2019-Applied.
Oct 2019-Interviewed.
Decision is Pending.
My clock didn't start increasing after 2 week mark, anyone has the same problem this month?
Or anyone that approved in the past by seeing the same thing?
ZLA and F1