Waiting Asylum decision

So my lawyer told me my case is approved but the online status still shows as if my decision is pending. The clock was stopped last week but I noticed today it has started running. Is there anyone who face similar situation?

So my lawyer told me my case is approved but the online status still shows as if my decision is pending. The clock was stopped last week but I noticed today it has started running. Is there anyone who face similar situation?

Hi Kidus

It seems weird. I’ve never heard about such a thing before. However, you should email the asylum office to make sure if your case had a final decision or not yet. GL

It's a technically. You are allowed to work 40 hrs during school holidays with your F1 student visa. If you use the EAD, you will get the same stuff. However, if you attempt to work 20+ hours during school, you will be in violation of you F1 student status. Your school or USCIS has no way of knowing that you are working 20+ hrs per week during the schools days....IRS won't share your tax returns with USCIS a year later or ever. So technically, you can't lose your F1 student status, even if you work 20+ hrs a week, using your asylum EAD. Even though there is a technicality....don't do it! Use your asylum EAD to work only 20hrs per week during school days, and 40+ hours per week during school holidays. You can maintain your F1 Status in good shape that way. The reason why I say that you shouldn't use the loophole is that, these technicalities have a tendency of coming back to haunt you down the line when say, you try to get your citizenship. So, don't do it. Good luck.
thank you for your answer. So, if I keep registering in school as a full-time student and only work 20 hrs on campus as a Research Assistant, I will maintain my student status. My question is what will happen to my wife since she is F2 and now she using EAD and working. I mean can she come back to F2 in the worst case since I remember in the interview time officer told her that since we are in the status if something bad happens we will back on the student visa till the end of the study?

If you have a valid EAD from asylum,USCIS will not issue an OPT EAD for you because they believe having one EAD is sufficient. This makes you fall out of status right after you graduate from your school too because a pending asylum is not a legal status. My advice is that do not apply for asylum EAD.
So you are saying having EAD means violating F1? I read if I do not use it I will maintain my student visa since I am not main applicant and did not use EAD to work in the university or outside. I used CPT during summer and did my internship.

So you are saying having EAD means violating F1? I read if I do not use it I will maintain my student visa since I am not main applicant and did not use EAD to work in the university or outside. I used CPT during summer and did my internship.
If you have a valid asylum EAD when you apply for OPT,USCIS will not approve your OPT request. Unless you postpone your graduation date, you will fall out of status.

Normally if the clock were still running that would mean the case had been referred to an IJ.

If the clock has stopped running that means the application was approved. Congratulations! =)
My online status was changed to decision was mailed yesterday , i checked clock was 401 days and it is same today 401 days , is it running for others today?

But i was checking everyday , my days were increasing , today it has not increased

sometimes my clock would stop for a few days (not increasing the days) and then get back running again and still it'd say "clock is currently running"
if you get a full screenshot from your online status I can show you:)