Waiting Asylum decision

They will call you and let you know to not come and pick up your decision because it is still not done and since it is done they will maio it to you and this usually takes months to years to get your decision
Good luck
My friend got his result today, he's referred to the court. What are the suggestions you give? What should he do? He's planning to change his lawyer

Hi All,

Anyone inquired with ombudsman to inquire about the decision? Anyone got any good news? Please I am waiting for the decision for almost a gear now and applied in 2014 :(

Hi All,

Anyone inquired with ombudsman to inquire about the decision? Anyone got any good news? Please I am waiting for the decision for almost a gear now and applied in 2014 :(
I you had your interview in 2014, and have not had a decision yet, you can,

#1. Open an inquiry request to ask what the hold up is. It could be background checks, it could be someone is sitting on it, and that might jiggle it.
#2. Reach out to your Congress reps and ask them to reach out to USCIS on your behalf. Usually, this doesn't work and they'll get a reply similar to whatever reply you get from #1.
#3. Use Ombudsman. If you get to this stage, it's better if you can prove you've tried other means of reaching out to USCIS first.
#4. Sue USCIS.

If you have a lawyer, he can help you with any of this. It should be included in the fee you paid for representation.

Hi Friend,
I have a question regarding using the EAD. I am an F1 visa holder and my spouse is the main asylum applicant. She used her EAD and working now. I have not used my EAD yet. However, I am going to use it during the Fall and work part-time outside the university. If I am maintaining my full-time student and register as a full-time graduate student and being a Research or teaching assistant for 20 hours in the university, what happens if I use my EAD to work outside the university if my husband asylum in worst case rejected? Will I be in removal status or can I coninue my study and graduate and later apply for OPT?

#1. Open an inquiry request to ask what the hold up is. It could be background checks, it could be someone is sitting on it, and that might jiggle it.
#2. Reach out to your Congress reps and ask them to reach out to USCIS on your behalf. Usually, this doesn't work and they'll get a reply similar to whatever reply you get from #1.
#3. Use Ombudsman
. If you get to this stage, it's better if you can prove you've tried other means of reaching out to USCIS first.
#4. Sue USCIS.

If you have a lawyer, he can help you with any of this. It should be included in the fee you paid for representation.

Hi

#3. Use Ombudsman. If you get to this stage, it's better if you can prove you've tried other means of reaching out to USCIS first.
#4. Sue USCIS.

Hi zman44,

I am waiting for my decision for almost a year now. I have inquired a few times and reached out to congressmen’s office too. But got the same reply “pending final decision”. I am so exhausted I have reached out to ombudsman. I don’t know if this will work.

Hi

Hi zman44,

I am waiting for my decision for almost a year now. I have inquired a few times and reached out to congressmen’s office too. But got the same reply “pending final decision”. I am so exhausted I have reached out to ombudsman. I don’t know if this will work.

Sorry, I misread your post. You've been waiting for the decision only a year. There's people on this forum who have waited 2 years sometimes for a decision. This is not uncommon, especially if you happen to be from a 'high risk' country and given how backlogged they are now. If you've already opened an ombudsman inquiry, hopefully that will help. But if that doesn't, you'll likely have to get an attorney.

Hi Friend,
I have a question regarding using the EAD. I am an F1 visa holder and my spouse is the main asylum applicant. She used her EAD and working now. I have not used my EAD yet. However, I am going to use it during the Fall and work part-time outside the university. If I am maintaining my full-time student and register as a full-time graduate student and being a Research or teaching assistant for 20 hours in the university, what happens if I use my EAD to work outside the university if my husband asylum in worst case rejected? Will I be in removal status or can I coninue my study and graduate and later apply for OPT?

As I understand it, the moment you use an asylum EAD you lose whatever other status you had. However I'm not sure if this is also true while the application is only pending. This is one of those very tricky questions that you should ask an attorney.

As I understand it, the moment you use an asylum EAD you lose whatever other status you had. However I'm not sure if this is also true while the application is only pending. This is one of those very tricky questions that you should ask an attorney.
It's a technically. You are allowed to work 40 hrs during school holidays with your F1 student visa. If you use the EAD, you will get the same stuff. However, if you attempt to work 20+ hours during school, you will be in violation of you F1 student status. Your school or USCIS has no way of knowing that you are working 20+ hrs per week during the schools days....IRS won't share your tax returns with USCIS a year later or ever. So technically, you can't lose your F1 student status, even if you work 20+ hrs a week, using your asylum EAD. Even though there is a technicality....don't do it! Use your asylum EAD to work only 20hrs per week during school days, and 40+ hours per week during school holidays. You can maintain your F1 Status in good shape that way. The reason why I say that you shouldn't use the loophole is that, these technicalities have a tendency of coming back to haunt you down the line when say, you try to get your citizenship. So, don't do it. Good luck.

Finally my decision is mailed today, I am tooo nervous , decision after 6 months after the second interview, yesterday my status was decision is pending and clock was 400 days , today decision is mailed 401 days,
I called immigration court num it says ur case not found, any suggestions

Attachments

• CC01089C-017E-4771-B76B-7DFC4136EC25.jpeg
    CC01089C-017E-4771-B76B-7DFC4136EC25.jpeg
    815.6 KB · Views: 98
Hi Friend,
If you have a valid EAD from asylum,USCIS will not issue an OPT EAD for you because they believe having one EAD is sufficient. This makes you fall out of status right after you graduate from your school too because a pending asylum is not a legal status. My advice is that do not apply for asylum EAD.

if I received recommend approval, should I still maintain the F1 status until I receive approval? the recommend approval letter mention I can apply ead immediately, should I apply for it?

Thanks for your response. It says “ Decison is Pending” but in the account steps, it says the decision is made and I should receive it shortly. I emailed them and they said my case is under review and it might take 45 days or something.
How to get to account steps? Or where do you see that decision was made?