Wage determination and timeline

you should start thinking about another one :D , it is sooo much easier when the kids are close in age. Mine have 7 years difference and now I have real hard time picking up an activity that they both enjoy.

There is some talk about eliminating the backlog and increasing the quota per year, so it is possible that these years will be a lot less. Right now the quota is 140,000 GC per year, with EB3 taking ~29%. These numbers include dependents though. They want to exclude the dependents from the number, so it would nearly triple. Hope the decision is made soon.

johnny, can you do me a favor? can you please check whether the ad you filed with DOL is in america's job bank - http://www.ajb.dni.us/ I am asking because according to the immigration paralegals from this board the DOL website for CA is caljobs.ca.gov, but there is nothing. I am really confused and there is no one to ask ...

unsure said:
you should start thinking about another one :D , it is sooo much easier when the kids are close in age...

Hah hah..great advice , but no thanx! i'm afraid we're all done, i'm an only child and love it and so not thinking about anymore kids. this GC process has upset our whole balance and peace, it's hard not to get obsessed and the eb-3 confirmation didn't make it any easier. so as the song goes- should i (we) stay or should i (we) go?!?

take care, this thread really helps, thanx a lot, really.

never say never :p , I also thought I am done and then (when my daughter was 6 and I was in the middle of a graduate program) the biological clock started ticking and 10 months later I had another one ... so you never know. I hate this GC process and all the uncertainty related with it. Eb3 is a sure thing. The chances I140 is rejected are lower, it is usually the Eb2's that have problems to show education and experience. And you can extend the H1b, it is not a big deal. It gives a certain degree of security. You should stay, I love my life here :D

ha, i'm this close to my ph.D as well, and i'd like to finish the remaining little bit too (couldn't do all that much for the past 1.5 years), wishful thinking for now...my husband has more than enough qualification for eb-2 himself, but the co. he works for is huge and they had some problems justifying eb-2 for the same title in other departments, so they want to play it safe, which is understandable i guess. so let's wait and see.

i like our life here, too but i loved our life back home as well, i guess that's also a demotivating factor, we're not dying for it. sometimes having one too many options is not too good. anyway, we'll wait a bit more, hopefully if the h-1 ext. gets under way, we'll have even more time to think.

thanks for "sharing", and btw- actually i think there's less of a sibling rivalry b/w kids who are further apart in ages, so for now it's harder i guess to get them to play together etc. but in the future they'll be grateful!

take care.

unsure said:
you should start thinking about another one :D , it is sooo much easier when the kids are close in age. Mine have 7 years difference and now I have real hard time picking up an activity that they both enjoy.

There is some talk about eliminating the backlog and increasing the quota per year, so it is possible that these years will be a lot less. Right now the quota is 140,000 GC per year, with EB3 taking ~29%. These numbers include dependents though. They want to exclude the dependents from the number, so it would nearly triple. Hope the decision is made soon.

johnny, can you do me a favor? can you please check whether the ad you filed with DOL is in america's job bank - http://www.ajb.dni.us/ I am asking because according to the immigration paralegals from this board the DOL website for CA is caljobs.ca.gov, but there is nothing. I am really confused and there is no one to ask ...

I don't know if you are paying the lawyer but we paid 6000$. Yes, we put the ad http://www.ajb.org/ny.

it is the same place. we are not paying at that stage and thus, no control or information at all. I would be really frustrated if I find a mistake after so much money. So far we have ads there, in the regional newspaper (ran for a week, including one Sunday, as far as i can judge from the online version), and in hotjobs. So I think we need one more place, the intercompany ad and I am missing one Sunday ad. I wish it is over!

unsure said:
it is the same place. we are not paying at that stage and thus, no control or information at all. I would be really frustrated if I find a mistake after so much money. So far we have ads there, in the regional newspaper (ran for a week, including one Sunday, as far as i can judge from the online version), and in hotjobs. So I think we need one more place, the intercompany ad and I am missing one Sunday ad. I wish it is over!

I placed the ad in NYT(2 Sunday), site(30 days), radio(10 days), DOL(30days), company's site(30days) and intercompany(10days). I bought today the tickets!!I want to know something...What should I do if the lawyer is doing many mistakes. I can't fire her...I'm thinking to ask her to share the payment with me or feel free you guys to give me some advice.

Ooo, you are going to advertise a long time. Aren't you afraid you are going to get a lot of candidates? 30 days for a job site and company web site seems like a lot. DOL says that the ad needs to be posted and there is no time requirement for that.

I think you should tell the lawyer that you are not happy. I don't know if that will help, as you cannot change her, but I don't know what else you can do. Maybe tell her that she will get the next payment after the I140 is approved.

unsure said:
Ooo, you are going to advertise a long time. Aren't you afraid you are going to get a lot of candidates? 30 days for a job site and company web site seems like a lot. DOL says that the ad needs to be posted and there is no time requirement for that.

I think you should tell the lawyer that you are not happy. I don't know if that will help, as you cannot change her, but I don't know what else you can do. Maybe tell her that she will get the next payment after the I140 is approved.

I'm afraid about cadidates but this the way to put the ads.

Mandatory: NYT+DOL+company
Requirement: site, company's site, radio(sorry 7 days). I think you can't put on the site only 10 days or 15 days....30 days should be ok.

So far we have: Mandatory: DOL + SD Union Tribune Sunday
Other media: website + 6 days newspaper
Our ad has yet to appear at the company's website. I have a feeling they will skip it and use something else to advertise. I have seen ads on websites that run for just 14 days: since december I am checking the major job related websites twice per day :D. Pretty much know all positions in a 30 miles radius. I am worried that our advertising will go for more than a month, though hubby thinks that they would not do it: the less you adverstise, the lower the number of potential candidates...

unsure said:
So far we have: Mandatory: DOL + SD Union Tribune Sunday
Other media: website + 6 days newspaper
Our ad has yet to appear at the company's website. I have a feeling they will skip it and use something else to advertise. I have seen ads on websites that run for just 14 days: since december I am checking the major job related websites twice per day :D. Pretty much know all positions in a 30 miles radius. I am worried that our advertising will go for more than a month, though hubby thinks that they would not do it: the less you adverstise, the lower the number of potential candidates...

We paid for whole ads 1100$. Instead of local newspaper we chose the web site(30 days -125$) for ad because the newspaper was 760$ for 3 runs. 10 days is mandatory and you can't change that. I'm thinking that 30 days site = 3 runs or a week but I don't know. Maybe my lawyer is thinking that we need please DOL and put the ad 30 days. :rolleyes: I am so frustrated because she is making so many mistakes and the time for GC it's so long :( ..........I think the whole process will be like 8500$ :eek: "C'est la vie c'est la guerre".

The 10 days are internal posting, I am not worried about lots of candidates from that. I am worried that there will be citizen candidate that cannot be disqualified. Also, I want to know when the advertising is going to be done. I am missing the third required place, so I cannot guess. Right now I also have some changes in work and though everybody say that there will be no consequences, I am worried about my visa. I want the GC ASAP, but looks like it is going to take a while. $8500 is about where it goes. I was inquiring for NIW and the lawyer told me $10,000 for the whole process + I had to write most of the stuff. Expensive, so we dropped that idea for now. But you are on track, at least now you know when are you going to finish, then when you will file.

unsure said:
The 10 days are internal posting, I am not worried about lots of candidates from that. I am worried that there will be citizen candidate that cannot be disqualified. Also, I want to know when the advertising is going to be done. I am missing the third required place, so I cannot guess. Right now I also have some changes in work and though everybody say that there will be no consequences, I am worried about my visa. I want the GC ASAP, but looks like it is going to take a while. $8500 is about where it goes. I was inquiring for NIW and the lawyer told me $10,000 for the whole process + I had to write most of the stuff. Expensive, so we dropped that idea for now. But you are on track, at least now you know when are you going to finish, then when you will file.

If everything will be going ok than the payment for GC will be 8500$ but if the process it's going bad I don't know how big will be the price for GC. With 30 days website I have a friend who put the for 30 days company's site and Monster. Yesterday I found out that his Perm was approved and he is starting step 2 and step 2 together.

good morning, the info on advertisements will come in real handy for us soon (they told hubby that the process involves internal posting + NYT sunday ad). we're not paying for these either, so i guess when the time comes for us, we'll go scouring the papers and the net like you girls.

johnny, are you going eb-2 or eb-3 (just curious)?

unsure said:
nazar05, you know that once you have PhD you can petition green card (Eb2) on your own?

sure unsure :)))- but my ph.d is purely academic, i.e not very marketable, if someone will be willing to take me on, i'll surely go for it, but no news for now.

nazar05 said:
good morning, the info on advertisements will come in real handy for us soon (they told hubby that the process involves internal posting + NYT sunday ad). we're not paying for these either, so i guess when the time comes for us, we'll go scouring the papers and the net like you girls.

johnny, are you going eb-2 or eb-3 (just curious)?

sure unsure :)))- but my ph.d is purely academic, i.e not very marketable, if someone will be willing to take me on, i'll surely go for it, but no news for now.

Salut Nazar!!

We are going with EB2 Senior Software Engineer. You????? Can you tell me which are

Hi. we're going eb-3.

we haven't received wage clearance from swa yet, and the co. lawyers want to take it a step at a time, so they're reluctant to give out details re. advertising. they briefly menitoned the internal and nyt sunday b/c those are the mandatory, we heard mention of private firm as well, but i guess they have a "package" which they use for everyone at GC applications and they'll use the same for us, once i have a bit more info, i'll post.

take care.

[/QUOTE]
sure unsure :)))- but my ph.d is purely academic, i.e not very marketable, if someone will be willing to take me on, i'll surely go for it, but no news for now.[/QUOTE]

Hay nazar05, There is no such thing as non-academic and marketable PhD :D. I made so much efforts to land a non-academic job and nothing happened. Anyway, for NIW you don't need a job. What is your PhD in? Mine is in Management :eek:

johnnymnemonic said:
If everything will be going ok than the payment for GC will be 8500$ but if the process it's going bad I don't know how big will be the price for GC. With 30 days website I have a friend who put the for 30 days company's site and Monster. Yesterday I found out that his Perm was approved and he is starting step 2 and step 2 together.

What bugs me a lot is that with PERM you certify the position. Then, at I140 stage you need to prove that you fit the position. So, if the lawyer makes a mistake in the PERM (and in our cases we are not going to know about it, as we will not see the application), your I140 is not going to get approved. The I140 forum is full of scary stories, I am not reading it anymore!

Last edited by a moderator: