Wage determination and timeline

hi

unsure & johnnymnemonic hi, this is nazar05's wife. he told me about you ladies, just wanted to drop by say to hi! btw, what a coincidence neighbors, we're turkish.

johnnymnemonic , you're probably working in the best place in the world, lucky you.

take care.

Hi nazar05, welcome to the tread.

It is so good to have support at last. I don't know how you cope with the waiting, I am really at the end of my nerves by now. When this is over with we can go to Antalia or Kushadasa (I am not spelling the last one correct, am I) and have a nice vacation. We have not travelled back in 4 years, our visas are not stamped and I don't want to take the risk to do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
dear unsure, hopefully by this time next year, you'll be sippin a cool beer in fethiye or kusadasi and reading back these posts and smiling to yourself ;) !

I'm not too bad with waiting, our original plan was to return home (mainly cause I've already invested too much time and effort in a career which I can't really use here- lawyer), so we decided to stay quite late and said "if it works out, fine, if it doesn't it's not the end of the world". now that we've comitted, I'm a bit more worried, too but in the back of my mind I know that staying here is not our only option. of course my husband is counting days and making tables and calendars, and worrying constantly, that's a different story- I guess you need one of each in each family :eek:

so all in all, good luck to all of us, waiting is very hard, but bureaucratic things in the US seem to run according to a schedule (a little more different than what we're used to!!), as long as you play by the rules and follow the regulations and leave enough time ( :D ) to yourself, i think you (and we all) should be fine.

ahhh, now that you reminded me, how I miss the mediterranean seaside...

take care.

I can't wait to get the card. We had such a hard time finding jobs after we graduated, and it was mainly because of the visa and the existing quotas. I am terryfied we would have to repeat this again. I am not returning, I am so happy here away from my mom. Hope this works out.

Have you been down in South Carolina? We took a vacation once in Myrtle Beach, not as the Mediterranian, but the ocean was warm and nice (too much sharks though, not that you can swim in it). The ocean here is COLD and the surf is too high for swimming.

unsure said:
I can't wait to get the card. We had such a hard time finding jobs after we graduated, and it was mainly because of the visa and the existing quotas. I am terryfied we would have to repeat this again. I am not returning, I am so happy here away from my mom. Hope this works out.

Have you been down in South Carolina? We took a vacation once in Myrtle Beach, not as the Mediterranian, but the ocean was warm and nice (too much sharks though, not that you can swim in it). The ocean here is COLD and the surf is too high for swimming.

Hi girls,

How are you? I can't wait to get the green card me too!!!!!!!!! My brother worked in Antalia 6 years. He speaks italian and turkish very well. My husband speaks english, french and italian. Apropos we are going to France and Romania on august 8 this year. I'm so happy!!!! We visited Holland and Germany in 2004. We like alot to go everywhere, to see people, different cultures and conceptions.
We put the ad in 4 places and we need to put in another two. I have so much stress.... :eek:

Hi All,

I am a bit stressed out, some issues at work :). Hope it will go away. I am a little bit envious to you johnny for going to europe. We can't travel anywhere, our visas are not stamped, but we are planning a vacation in Paris or Brussels maybe, after all is settled. We (me and my husband) love Belgium. He used to work for a belgium company while we were back home and travel there a lot. They have the best beer (you can find some in Whole Foods from time to time) and chocolate you can imagine. Our ad (the lawyer is not disclosing anything BUT I am browsing every single day) appeared in 2 places + DOL. At least one of Sunday ads is done too. So I assume we are on schedule :D . I found that if I run regularly I am coping better with the stress.

unsure said:
Hi All,

I am a bit stressed out, some issues at work :). Hope it will go away. I am a little bit envious to you johnny for going to europe. We can't travel anywhere, our visas are not stamped, but we are planning a vacation in Paris or Brussels maybe, after all is settled. We (me and my husband) love Belgium. He used to work for a belgium company while we were back home and travel there a lot. They have the best beer (you can find some in Whole Foods from time to time) and chocolate you can imagine. Our ad (the lawyer is not disclosing anything BUT I am browsing every single day) appeared in 2 places + DOL. At least one of Sunday ads is done too. So I assume we are on schedule :D . I found that if I run regularly I am coping better with the stress.

http://www.viridium.ro/

unsure said:
Hi All,

We have some friends in Belgium and we love the chocolate!!!!!!!!!!!My favorite country is Holland...I went with scholarship there and It's amazing!!!!!We hope and want in the future to visit Egipt, India....

Great garden johnny!! I am working on mine and honestly, I cannot manage it. My roses turned yellow and the hibiscus died (it was too cold here for a week I guess). I have not been in Holland, but I would love to go. How's the advertising going? There was an article in today's paper that the application fees for permanent resindency are going up about 10 times... I am definitely having a bad week.

no, no, unsure, keep the morale UP, that's the way! we're a traveling family as well, our daughter actually has a frequent flyer card (she's 1.5 years- and has already flown to seriously far away destinations), my dream is to pack up one day and just travel around the world, though being turkish, can't help worrying about visas and all, hmmmm, perhaps the GC would help! crossing our fingers...

johnny, cool website.

goodluck with the gardens, i've never had the opportunity but have a great deal of respect for those who do :)

we did fly a lot before, but haven't done anything lately. I hate entertaining toddlers in a plane :). Couple more years and we will be out of that stage, our lives will be real easy (not really, but I hope). I want to go to exotic places - like tokyo, india, china. I have serious troubles at work, with consequences I can't yet estimate. The garden is the least of my worries now :D

Hi all, it looks like hubby's co. will go with EB3 (we were expecting it that way anyway) to be on the safe side. Any guesses/suggestions for timeline for PERM? Take care.

I don't think there is time difference for PERM and I140 stages. At least when we started the GC talk with our lawyer he gave us the same timeframes. The difference will be for the I485 stage. But, once the I140 is approved, then the H1B can be extended in 3 year increments and you can get EAD card and work. Just don't let your husband get off the H1B visa ...

unsure said:
I don't think there is time difference for PERM and I140 stages. At least when we started the GC talk with our lawyer he gave us the same timeframes. The difference will be for the I485 stage. But, once the I140 is approved, then the H1B can be extended in 3 year increments and you can get EAD card and work. Just don't let your husband get off the H1B visa ...

Hi girls

I don't have any garden. I worked in Manhattan on the roof top as gardener. I have a bad week, but I hope tomorrow will be better. I found out that my lawyer did some mistakes and I don't like this at all. But in the end I discovered 3 mistakes and I fixed them by myself. Nobody care about your GC than you...it's the best to check every paper before to send them.

Bye

unsure thank you, sorry I misworded in my question, you're right of course. I meant to say if you know what the waiting time for 485 is for eb-3. sorry about that.

johnny, you're very right. NEVER trust someone else 100%, even if it's your lawyer, read and reread everything. even a small spelling mistake can change a lot and en extra pair of eyes is always better.

hope all will get be on track soon.

Hi everybody!! Even if the garden is not yours you did a great job johnny. I cannot overcome the weeds, nothing grows in the proper direction, the roses are yellow despite the $20 worth of stuff I put on them and the gardenia is not blooming, even if it says on the tag "everblooming" :D. Not to discuss the dead hibiscuses!

nazar05, the priority date for EB-3 rest of the world is 01 AUG 02, http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_3111.html, that is 5 years of wait, sorry.

You are lucky if you know what your lawyers are doing. We are COMPLETELY out of the picture, they don't even respond to emails. Until I saw the ad and I saw it because I spend hours every day to browse and look for, I did not even know if it is going to be EB2 or EB3. I pray that there is no big mistiake that would cause the whole process to stop...

thanx unsure, 5 years is a long time, by then our daughter will be in primary school age, let's see what lies in future for us. thank you again, take care.