VSC Updated Dates

Who are they kidding ...?

People with RD's and ND's of 2002 ( I am Sept 2002, for example ) are
waiting with no updates and these bastards claim they are handling
June 2003 ?

Who do they think they are kidding ?

I am gonna initiate the inquiry tomorrow morning .. however as you can see my signature... all the checks are done...

Reply from Senator office was ... merely Pending .... USCIS is like a news channel without weather forecast .... never know when it rains :(

May be some last minute election gimmick by bush's team so as to claim that they have not been neglecting immigration

Sumanta said:
People with RD's and ND's of 2002 ( I am Sept 2002, for example ) are
waiting with no updates and these bastards claim they are handling
June 2003 ?

Who do they think they are kidding ?

Mind your language they are humanbeings like you....

gc999999999 said:
Mind your language they are humanbeings like you....

Well, his language might not have been very appropriate. But, we all have the same feelings towards INS.(Afterall, they are disrupting our lives becos of their stupid, F***up Bureaucratic process)

I think the way the processing dates work is that they list the latest case that they are working on, so eventhough there's a huge backlog, they are listing june' 2003. Didn't they stop issuing FPs after June' 03? Seems like they are going to tacke all the cases upto June 2003 and by January the visa quota will expire so all the folks with ND after June' 03 will have to wait for next year's quota :confused:

They enconutered their error and may take the Date back to Nov 12 2002. The Customer rep. just told me that the date you see on the website could be wrong and when she tried to do a case status inquiry for me, she was given flash on her screen saying that they are processing only Nov 2002 cases and couldnt initiate an inquiry.

How come?

kvpt_mm said:
They enconutered their error and may take the Date back to Nov 12 2002. The Customer rep. just told me that the date you see on the website could be wrong and when she tried to do a case status inquiry for me, she was given flash on her screen saying that they are processing only Nov 2002 cases and couldnt initiate an inquiry.

Yesterday at 4p.m I did my case status inquiry and the rep. gladly initiated the inquiry!! How come?
I485-RD-Nov.15-2002
Rajan

info needed

hi guys ,

i have come to this thread for the first time .

i dont understand ND , AD etc ..

i filled for concurent I 140/I485 with change in name on I765 on 1st sep 2004
the filling date at vermont is 9th sep 2004 .
i got my EAD ( Temp work permit ) on 14th Oct 2004..

does this means I140 is clear ?? in old process a far as i remember it was like u have to wait for 6 months after I140 to get the work permit..
and normally now much time do it take for the new system to get the approvals ??

Thanks

sree1965 said:
Is your "Name check is cleared"?. If not, "they" can't do anything. That is where most of the old cases stuck.....

After hearing from "Name Check" in this forum, I sent that hackneyed
e-mail to FBI 2 days back.

How come neither my attorney nor my Congressman's respresentative
knows anything about "Name Check" ? I am amazed....does that mean only
the people in this forum know of "Name Check" ?

Why are old cases stuck in Name Check ? I just don't understand. My
I-485 was applied in Sept 2002, first FP done in Nov, 2002.....you
mean they will start my Name Check now ? They didn't do it before ?

Frankly, nothing's making sense....

Sumanta said:
After hearing from "Name Check" in this forum, I sent that hackneyed
e-mail to FBI 2 days back.

How come neither my attorney nor my Congressman's respresentative
knows anything about "Name Check" ? I am amazed....does that mean only
the people in this forum know of "Name Check" ?

Why are old cases stuck in Name Check ? I just don't understand. My
I-485 was applied in Sept 2002, first FP done in Nov, 2002.....you
mean they will start my Name Check now ? They didn't do it before ?

Frankly, nothing's making sense....

Yeah, not a lot of people know about name checks...

+name check is usually started when the I-485 is filed
+there's no way to tell if it's been initiated / completed apart from faxing / emailing the FBI (not sure if USCIS support can tell if a case is waiting for name check)
+it usually clears in < 1 month
+if there's a "hit" against the FBI databases, it can take 18+ months to clear
+many people are faxing / emailing the FBI to make sure their case cleared (if it didn't, you might be able to request that the expedite it)

ETA

Created a Case status inquiry for me in the evening. Morning when i called the lady i spoke to couldnt initiate a status inquiry for me.

in two weeks....

How come in two weeks they could process 7 months worth of cases? ... couple of weeks ago it was NOV 12th.... Perhaps they are tyring to catch up with CSC but then in two weeks 7 months of cases oooohhhhhhh !!!