VSC Processing Times Update

Hi

When u do an enquiry/expedite request after the processing date has passed ur receipt date. Do they give u any reference number or any receipt number for the enquiry?

As per VSC website, anyone with effective ND of Sep 19 2003 can call them. ie, Sep 19 + 30 days = October 19.
There is no reference number for any request (they have not that sophisticated yet), the thing they do is send a snail mail saying that they could'nt do the processing because of so and so reasons.

timaeuti said:
Actually, in my case there is no need to call them right now: I received an E-mail update from FBI Monday. The message told me that CIS requested my name check March 30, 2004. However, the request contained an error and was rejected by FBI computer system. The request was resubmitted January 19, 2005.

So, at the moment I know where they are at with my application. I doubt they will tell me a lot more.

God help us guys!
You figured out the reason for the delay. However, most of us still haven't figured out what constitutes a backlog. USCIS has redefined what counts as a backlog: A case is only considered backlogged if it is adjudication ready for more than 6 months. Mind you it's the date from which it is adjudication ready that counts not the filing date. So for instance, since FBI has been sitting on my case since March 2003, it is not adjudication ready and therefore not backlogged. Nice huh?

That's interesting.

I'm curious:

1. Where did you get this information?

2. How does CIS define "adjudication ready"?

Thanks!

timaeuti said:
That's interesting.
I don't find it interesting. In fact, I feel quite disgusted. My application was received by USCIS on 11/15/2002. I've been waiting since then. Name check status revealed they've been sitting on my case since March, 2003. A separate FOIPA check revealed that they have absolutely nothing on my name, not even multiple hits or anything like that. Go figure!

I'm curious:

1. Where did you get this information?
Eduardo Aguirre's statements last year to the congress and the class action lawsuit's depositions.

2. How does CIS define "adjudication ready"?
If I remember this correctly, from one of the depositions, the definition is that an adjudication officer can pick up a case and have all the information necessary to be able to make a decision or something to that effect.

Thanks!

Hi Peeved

What about my case then

I140 RD, Mar 11, 2003
I140 AD Mar 8, 2004

I485 RD, Oct 20, 2003
I485 AD ?

Name Check completed on Nov 2003

FP1 - USCIS recevied it on Sept 9, 2004... Online message updated saying
"FP recevied Processing resumed blah blah..."

So can we say my case is adjudication ready and is pending for past 5 months if u count it from Sept 9, 2004 (the day USCIS received FP) and is not backlogged yet because it is not six months yet.

Please give me ur input on this

HaveMercy said:
What about my case then

I140 RD, Mar 11, 2003
I140 AD Mar 8, 2004

I485 RD, Oct 20, 2003
I485 AD ?

Name Check completed on Nov 2003

FP1 - USCIS recevied it on Sept 9, 2004... Online message updated saying
"FP recevied Processing resumed blah blah..."

So can we say my case is adjudication ready and is pending for past 5 months if u count it from Sept 9, 2004 (the day USCIS received FP) and is not backlogged yet because it is not six months yet.

Please give me ur input on this

HaveMercy,

I believe, "adjudication ready" means that a yay or nay decision can be made. In my opinion, the biggest hurdle/delay has been FBI name check. If your name check has cleared then you are at least past a major hurdle (Congratulations!). If an adjudicator still has questions for which s/he wants to send RFEs then perhaps it is still not adjudication ready. On the other hand, depending on where you are from, you may be affected by retrogression of priority dates, your case may be ready other wise. Finally, remember I am not expert. Treat what I say as something that might be useful, but not the final word.

Good luck!

The date moves to 10/29/03

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/Processtimes.jsp?SeviceCenter=Vermont

Update Observations: The date keeps moving. However, according to my scans, things at VSC at almost complete standstill. For EAC 03228 (ND 8/8/03) series the only movements in February so far have been changes from "RFE sent" to "RFE received."

Coupled with the fact that the number of Vermont approvals have declined sharply within the past month, this probably means I-485s are not among VSC's priorities at the moment. This situation may remain for a couple of months at least. The past two years show that the number of I-485 approvals increases in spring and summer.

Therefore, those of us who filed earlier than the processing date may have two causes for the delay. They may be stuck with the name check, and they may simply have their cases waiting for a time when CIS will give I-485s more attention than it currently does. Unfortunately, these two causes seem to reinforce each other, and together they can make for quite a significant delay.

timaeuti,

Not to disrespect people waiting before me.....just curious to know if there is any activity you noticed in your scans for month of Dec/2003 filers.

timaeuti said:
https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/Processtimes.jsp?SeviceCenter=Vermont

Update Observations: The date keeps moving. However, according to my scans, things at VSC at almost complete standstill. For EAC 03228 (ND 8/8/03) series the only movements in February so far have been changes from "RFE sent" to "RFE received."

Coupled with the fact that the number of Vermont approvals have declined sharply within the past month, this probably means I-485s are not among VSC's priorities at the moment. This situation may remain for a couple of months at least. The past two years show that the number of I-485 approvals increases in spring and summer.

Therefore, those of us who filed earlier than the processing date may have two causes for the delay. They may be stuck with the name check, and they may simply have their cases waiting for a time when CIS will give I-485s more attention than it currently does. Unfortunately, these two causes seem to reinforce each other, and together they can make for quite a significant delay.

It seems that there is a significant discrepancy between galloping processing dates and the crawling pace of their approval. For the fourteen months of my processing dates observations I do not recall a discrepancy of such magnitude.

We have never seen such a disconnect .... I wonder if they want to keep uncle Sam happy ...

are we sure that our cases are not stuck cos of name check issue ???

I have a sense of deja vu that this might be the issue !!!!!!

I had called VSC some time end of last year ... was told that all checks have been completed... and that I should be patient and wait till an adjudicator picks up my case... I think the lady who spoke to me did not know what she was talking or was she.. I have no way of figuring out !!!!

God knows what is happening !!!! I will be reasonably patient !!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

timaeuti said:
It seems that there is a significant discrepancy between galloping processing dates and the crawling pace of their approval. For the fourteen months of my processing dates observations I do not recall a discrepancy of such magnitude.