VSC Processing Times Update

IT IS OFFICIAL!

As per the new USCIS processing time report, it now takes two years to process an I-485 at the Vermont Service center.

Re: IT IS OFFICIAL!

Originally posted by timaeuti
As per the new USCIS processing time report, it now takes two years to process an I-485 at the Vermont Service center.

Good! Mine has been 25 months now, so I can start calling them.

Shit!! it's still Jan 31 2002

Seems like they have been sitting on their ass for the last six month.

why not just send them home?

Re: Re: IT IS OFFICIAL!

Originally posted by GC012002
Good! Mine has been 25 months now, so I can start calling them.

Yes start calling them. Read MSR01 story.

Yeah call them up..........get your satisfaction..................but they will do only what they want. If by taking actions things could be amendable then what was the problem with life.:rolleyes:

I-140/485

Hi Folks,

I applied for concurrent processing in October 2003 to VSC. How long is this process taking now to GC approval?

I-140?
I-485?

Thanks

Re: I-140/485

Originally posted by Katman
Hi Folks,

I applied for concurrent processing in October 2003 to VSC. How long is this process taking now to GC approval?

I-140?
I-485?

Thanks

Friend,

it is purely on luck ,potential and knowledge of the officers.

based on that it may take 140 in few weeks to years

As Mr Khanna is requested our views. if they agree our opnion like giving EAD,AP validity period until they make decision on it. it will reduce their backlogs. Let them charge 200$, no body bother to pay, because they can work and need to apply again and again.

Last edited by a moderator:
According to their March 4 update,

they are still at January 31, 2002.

https://egov.immigration.gov/graphics/cris/jsps/index.jsp?textFlag=N#

The good news is that, if they follow their pattern to move the date 15 days every four months, they will move it the next time they issue update. So, in a couple of weeks the processing date should be at Feb. 15.

Of course, the bad news is that, if they keep current speed of I-485 adjudications, then, according to their schedule, my I-485 will be adjudicated in 2010 (ND 8/8/03).

See, I told you so

They have moved the processing date to Feb. 15, 2002.

https://egov.immigration.gov/graphics/cris/jsps/index.jsp?textFlag=N#

The next few months will be decisive. If the current pattern continues into October that will mean they just waster $100,000,000 designated for backlog reduction this fiscal year. In this case, $160,000,000 designated for this purpose this fiscal year may ba wasted as well.

If, however, there is a meaningful progress during the coming months, then we do have a ray of hope.