VSC Processing Times Update

not much movement...

(Update #1: the VSC now appears to have reverted back to the 08/18/04 update so might want to disregard this message for now...)

(Update #2: ok, looks like the update is on again...)

See attached file for details.

I-765 (AOS) 08/30/04 +15 days
I-131 (AP) 08/30/04 +15 days
I-140 (EB2 excep. ability) 11/20/03 +0 days
I-140 (EB2 excep. ability NIW) 10/02/02 -173 days
I-140 (EB3 skilled worker) 04/01/04 +0 days
I-485 09/07/02 +12 days

Since it took 30 days for this update, the backlog in every case increased by 15-30 days except for I-140 EB2 (NIW) which apparently *lost* 173 days since the last update...

ETA

Last edited by a moderator:
timaeuti said:
https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/Processtimes.jsp?SeviceCenter=Vermont

The I-485 proccessing time in VSC remains, therefore, at approximately 24 months.

California Service Center Leaped to May 14, 2003.

Where did you get these figures? USCIS web site still displays the processing times posted on 8/18/2004.

At first, I thought, perhaps it's a caching issue and I deleted my browser cache and refershed the page. Still says the same.

peeved said:
Where did you get these figures? USCIS web site still displays the processing times posted on 8/18/2004.

At first, I thought, perhaps it's a caching issue and I deleted my browser cache and refershed the page. Still says the same.

Hmm, they do appear to have gone back to 08/18/04. It was definitely showing an update for 09/17/04 (today) earlier (with the dates shown in the .xls that I posted).

ETA

peeved said:

Try clicking that link again, it should show the new dates now.

Hey katman,

I also did apply in Oct 16th 2003, my 485, my 140 got approved this July 23rd, I applied under EB3, what about yours???
also let me know about your 140 approval ??
and Finger Print(FP1)????

California 485 is moving fast because those guys made so much effort in contacting senators and congressmen. How can we expect to see results without making any effort?

Do not depend on others, do something whatever you can do, contact who ever you can at VSC. Spread the word that VSC is lagging far behind compared to other service centers and need to pick up speed.

After a wait of 30 days last time, they've updated again after just 5 days this time:

I-765 (AOS) 09/13/04 +14 days
I-131 (AP) 09/13/04 +14 days
I-140 (EB2 excep. ability) 11/20/03 +0 days
I-140 (EB2 excep. ability NIW) 10/02/02 +0 days
I-140 (EB3 skilled worker) 05/12/04 +41 days
I-485 09/21/02 +14 days

ETA

You never know if our efforts would have so much impact. VSC forum also did a whole lot about the backlogs(campaigns, emails etc..). At times CSC get on fire and there were time VSC was on fire too(not recently).

I believe approvals wise VSC is still doing better than any other SC.

CSC moved the dates that for to make them concur with all I-140 processing dates(If you notice all I-140s in CSC are with in that range). They may stop here for a while probably. And then onwards CSC mayl process both I-140s and I-485s together... my 2 cents.

-Sanga.

hrithikroshan11 said:
California 485 is moving fast because those guys made so much effort in contacting senators and congressmen. How can we expect to see results without making any effort?

Do not depend on others, do something whatever you can do, contact who ever you can at VSC. Spread the word that VSC is lagging far behind compared to other service centers and need to pick up speed.

It is Nov. 15 now...the official processing time at VSC is 22,5 months

Update Observations: The financial year is over, and BCIS did not achieve the goal set by Aguire no matter how you interpret the results. Aguirre said that by the end of financial year BCIS will process green card applications in 20 months. Only California has met this guideline, and there are reasons to think that their processing date, which is Nov. 7, 2003, does not really reflect their pace. The vast majority of approvals we are seeing in California come for cases filed well before that date. But even if that date were correct, the average for four centers still would not meet that target, for both Nebraska and Taxes are in May, 2002. No matter how you slice it, the target set by Aguirre has not been met. I would be curious to see what they say in their quarterly report to Congress.

Still, the processing time at VSC has officially shrank to 22,5 months, which, given the previous stagnation, is highly encouranging. If our applications are adjudicated in that time frame, I will get my approval some time early summer. Not all that easy to believe, given that I still have not gone through FP and the on-line status of our applications still stands at "received".

The key thing to watch is whether the tendency of decreasing the processing time will persist into the new financial year or I-485s will once again be relegated to the back burner due to the need to adjudicate the nonimmigrant worker's applications.

Service Center processing time

Check out this site http://www.statsrpts.com
There have the updated processing time as well as the historical processing time for pass months.
U can even registered to get email alerts if there is improvement on your processing date.

Good luck.

It's June 1, 2003!

Update Observations: In an unprecedented leap, VSC moves its processing date 6,5 months ahead. The official processing time in Vermont now stands at 17,5 months. Among other things, this moves me and my wife tantalazingly close to the date. Coupled with the FP taken yesterday, this makes the whole thing very exciting.

The thing to watch is whether the need to process the many workers petition at the beginning of financial year will slow them down. In fact, there is a reason to believe that it might, for the flood of approvals has somewhat subsided as of late.

timaeuti said:

I don't want to discourage anyone but IMO either they'll retract that date or we might as well ignore it since we know there are many, many people who haven't been processed with earlier ND's at this point. I'd guess that 90% of the people with a ND before 06/01/03 going back to around 11/01/02 aren't processed yet.

All this will accomplish is to allow more people to initiate inquiries about their case status which will possibly slow things down even more...

More discussion of this at http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=147847&page=4.

ETA