VSC Processing Times Update

They are still at 2/15/02

It is official!

VSC has fallen behind California Service Center as far as Employment-based I-485 processing date is concerned.

In fact, for the past couple of months Vermont has been the only center with no meaningful movement in EB AOS processing date. Unlike other centers, where we have witnessed noticeable changes in processing dates, Vermont seems stuck to the pattern of moving the EB AOS date 15 days every 3-4 months.

:)
At this rate, with my ND in July 2003, I am scheduled to get it in 2020. I am 100% sure to maintain my job role, salary, to the one mentioned in the Labour, and AC21, will cover me till then with 16 EAD's.
Am I pessimistic or realistic now.:p

Originally posted by vi00
:)
At this rate, with my ND in July 2003, I am scheduled to get it in 2020. I am 100% sure to maintain my job role, salary, to the one mentioned in the Labour, and AC21, will cover me till then with 16 EAD's.
Am I pessimistic or realistic now.:p

and by that time you will pay the government

16 x (EAD price + AP price) x number of family members = which is about 10K in case you are married :mad:

As per the new report

They are still stuck at Feb. 15.

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/Processtimes.jsp?SeviceCenter=Vermont

It has to be noted that, unfortunately, VCS seems to be the only service center that has not changed its approach to I-485s for the last few months. Consequently, out of all the centers, VSC is now the one with the worst dynamic, although it is still ahead of some service centers as far as processing time goes. Projected into the not-so-distant future, this dynamic will make VSC the worst service center for I-485s.

This sucks big time.

I predict that the processing date will move to March 1, 2002, in mid-June.

timaeuti said:
They are still stuck at Feb. 15.

It has to be noted that, unfortunately, VCS seems to be the only service center that has not changed its approach to I-485s for the last few months. Consequently, out of all the centers, VSC is now the one with the worst dynamic, although it is still ahead of some service centers as far as processing time goes. Projected into the not-so-distant future, this dynamic will make VSC the worst service center for I-485s.

This sucks big time.

I predict that the processing date will move to March 1, 2002, in mid-June.

The processing date at VSC is uncurable. CA dates have moved 2 months in the last 1 month.

The processing date stays at Feb. 15

Even my pessimistic prognosis turned out too optimistic.

The official processing time for I-485 in VSC now is 28 months. All of that comes on the wake of Aguirre testimony promising to cut the waiting time down to 20 months by Oct. 1. Would you bet your life savings that they are actually going to do it?

To add insult to injury: the Advance Parole processing date moved two days only.

timaeuti said:
Even my pessimistic prognosis turned out too optimistic.

The official processing time for I-485 in VSC now is 28 months. All of that comes on the wake of Aguirre testimony promising to cut the waiting time down to 20 months by Oct. 1. Would you bet your life savings that they are actually going to do it?

To add insult to injury: the Advance Parole processing date moved two days only.
I somehow feel that VSC is following a different strategy than other Service Centers. They have controlled the 140 dates and they are near the 6 months mark (or will be near that mark in the next couple of months). EB2 is now 7 months and 6 days .. EB3 is about 8+ months but less than 9 months .. Once they bring 140 in the correct range (i.e. 5-6 months), they will go after 485. As far as AP is concerned, I am not sure if the dates hold. My AP had a ND of 04/09/2004 and I got the approval on 06/08/2004 but the official date is still 06/08/2004. So if you are first time AP you will get it fast, but if you are second time AP I think they try to see if your 485 can be approved. Just a thought based on experiences of friends and other members .....

The processing date jumps to April 17, 2002.

This is the first meaningful JIT movement in a long-long time.

Most of the cases approvedby VSC recently have been filed in August -- October 2002. There appear to have been very few approvals for May or June. It is unclear whether this is the result of a deliberate decision by VSC to mostly bypass these cases for now or this is simply bacause fewer applications have been filed in May -- June, 2002.

The few 2003 approvals seem to indicate that a few adjudicators are tryying to pick up the cases whose FP is about to expire in order to avoid 2FP.

It seems that VSC could have taken seriously the goal set by Aguirre to process most of 2002 applications by October 1. We will see. If this is the case, those of us who filed in July 2003 and later are unlikely to have our fingerprints taken before October 1 as VSC will put most of its efforts to meet the Aguirre goal.

Anyhow, the JIT jump breaks the stale processing dates pattern of recent. This is certainly a welcome news.

This is indeed a good news. What does this mean to people waiting for long enough? I am a Feb 15th 02 filer myself. As of tomorrow I will be completing 60th day since my FP2 and RFE response received on March 3rd 04. INS system sucks big time...

Well, one of the things it means to you is that now you can make an official inquiry about your case...Do not know if that means a whole lot.

It is June 4, 2002

The processing date keeps leaping forward. Compared with the stagnation of previous year and a half, these leaps are almost breathtaking. The processing time now stands at 25,5 months.

If VSC keeps moving like that, it will reach Aguirre's stated goal of cutting the processing time to 20 months by October 1. Judging from the current trends, the only other Service Center with a fighting chance of reaching that goal is California.

Hopefully, the processing date will keep moving at reasonable pace until October 1. After that, it will probably slow down as CIS will need to process H-applications once again.

I do not think VSC will FP those July 03 and later filers who have not been FPed yet until October 1. On the positive side, those of us who filed in April 02 and earlier can now kick CIS in the rear :D