VSC N-400 Timeline - August/September 2007

Hi All,

Just wanted to let everyone know that my check cashed yesterday (11/13). My priority date is 8/20 (this is the date USCIS received my application). So it looks like VCS is moving.

Regards -

Thanks for the info! Assuming that my priority date is 9/4/07 (mailed on Friday, 8/31 via USPS Priority Mail, and the following Monday, 9/3 was a holiday), this gives me hope that my check will be cashed by the end of this month.

VSC Checks cashed today

Hi Guys

update on checks cashed

I have sent an application on Aug 23 2007 (Not sure when USCIS received it)

checks cashed today 11/14/2007

I will update on rest of the process

thanks

Does anyone want to speculate whether or not USCIS will increase its processing times for N-400s from 7 months to about 8-9 months when it releases new processing times tomorrow/Friday?

Oroper- how did you obtain another notice without the case number?

Hello all,

I have been a lurker for a while and finally decided to add my $.02.

Vorpal, see my sig.

I mailed my N-400 app to VSC on 7/23 and as detailed, that is what is happening for my case right now.

Edit: I had paid via a bank check and called Bank on 11/1/07 to see if cleared. I got a copy but was unable to read the case # so th that is when I decided to call.

Hi Oroper,
When you called, how were they able to help you without giving them your case number? I take it you were unable to read the case # off the check? It seems that the first notice they sent you was lost in the mail but you were able to get them to send you a new one. I am wondering how they were able to look at your case without your giving them the case number. I would be interested in finding this out, since the case number written on my check seems to be incorrect (there were only 12 characters instead of 13, so something is missing). In the event that I need to contact them about my case, I am wondering how will they be able to look mine up without the correct case number. Thank you so much.

Hi Oroper,
When you called, how were they able to help you without giving them your case number? I take it you were unable to read the case # off the check? .

As I understand it, USCIS can view your case by A # (GC number) , but not provide the status of the actual processing without the receipt number.

Hi Oroper,
When you called, how were they able to help you without giving them your case number? I take it you were unable to read the case # off the check? It seems that the first notice they sent you was lost in the mail but you were able to get them to send you a new one. I am wondering how they were able to look at your case without your giving them the case number. I would be interested in finding this out, since the case number written on my check seems to be incorrect (there were only 12 characters instead of 13, so something is missing). In the event that I need to contact them about my case, I am wondering how will they be able to look mine up without the correct case number. Thank you so much.

As I understand it, USCIS can view your case by A # (GC number) , but not provide the status of the actual processing without the receipt number.

Hi,

When I called the set of questions asked by the call center included if I received receipt # (notice etc) to which I answered no. I was then transferred to an IO.

She checked by my A# and was able to tell me the receipt #, date first notice was mailed and allowed me to provide a PO Box # as an updated mailing address.

I received a letter yesterday 11/14 that included it seems like a reprint of the original notice that was lost in mail as it has a FP date of 10/05/07.

I'm going to App. Suppport Center today and see if I can just do the FP.

I will keep you posted.

Check Cashed Today!

Finally!!! :D After all the waiting (exactly 11 weeks) and frustration, my check was cashed and cleared this morning. However, the ESC no. that's written on it is only 10 characters (ESC1234567 - not the actual no., but you get the point). It's followed by a VT no. in the following format: VT12345. Obviously, neither one is the receipt no. Any ideas?

Vorpal....try ESC*1234567 but you are missing an 8 + 9

If I include the asterisk (which I tried), that still only makes 11 characters. The number written on the check is ESC208XXXX. I tried using ESC*00208XXXX, but it didn't come up on the website, which actually didn't surprise me. I guess I'll wait for the receipt notice to get the actual no.

Vorpal, your receipt # should be ESC* followed by 9 digits

Haha, I know that much! :) However, on the cashed check, there are only 7 digits following ESC, which lead me to believe that I should insert *00 between the ESC and the digits.

processing time is no longer 7 months...

Hi everyone,

I just called USCIS again today and found out that they only entered my information into their database this week. I was told to call back if I do not receive a receipt notice by the end of December! He said that 30 days are being added to the current processing time of 7 months because of the overwhelming caseload, etc. etc.

postmark date: 7/27/07
application arrived in VSC: 7/30/07
check cashed: 9/24/07
receipt notice: not yet!

Hi everyone,

I just called USCIS again today and found out that they only entered my information into their database this week. I was told to call back if I do not receive a receipt notice by the end of December! He said that 30 days are being added to the current processing time of 7 months because of the overwhelming caseload, etc. etc.

postmark date: 7/27/07
application arrived in VSC: 7/30/07
check cashed: 9/24/07
receipt notice: not yet!

They are only adding another month to the previously established timeline? That's actually not bad at all, but let's see if they really stick to it.

Application was delivered on Sep 29, 2007. Still waiting for check to be cashed. 7 weeks now.

VSC Receipt received...letter says '.received but.noted with exception'..Any idea?

Hi all

I have received receipt letter today, also received FP notice.

here is my time line:

N400 - VSC
Mailed : 7/27/07
Received : 7/30/07
Checks Cashed : 8/29/07
Receipt Received : 11/17/07
FP Received : 11/17/07

But my receipt letter says like below:
"The above application has been received by our office and is in process, but has been noted with one or more of the following exception(s):
Missing Evidence(s): your application was missing evidence(s) that you will need to provide at the time of your naturalization interview. You will be notified under separate notice of the evidence...etc...etc...
BUT NO DETAILS ABOUT WHAT EVIDENCE IS MISSING...

My case is fairly straightforward, changed GC employer after 1 year, 4 employers so far, mentioned that I had 3 traffic tickets (no charges filed, all of tickets are speeding violations less than <$500...).

Not sure what is missing...

Now,Any one in the same situation ? what does it mean ? What to do now ? Anything to worry now ?

Please let me know.

Thanks