VSC N-400 Timeline - August/September 2007

What is FOIPA request ?

FOIPA is an acronym for Freedom Of Information/Privacy Act. Basically, it's a request that you send to a government agency (in this case, the FBI) to be provided information that they have on you. It's a pre-emptive measure that I've taken, in case I get stuck in name check and end up having to file a WOM. For more information, read the "My Name Check Experience" thread.

There was a newspaper article regarding the VSC a few days ago that said they are cutting the hourly rate of the folks there.

Maybe there is unrest at that location which is affecting us.

I read that article. It also said that a lot of outsourced data entry contractors are being brought in, as a result of a multimillion dollar contract between USCIS and Stanley, Inc. I think the reason for the delays is the fact that VSC happens to be the center that serves states with high immigrant pupulation (pretty much any state in the Northeastern U.S.). By the way, the data entry personnel at CSC are receiving a similar pay cut, as Stanley, Inc. is sending some of its contractors there as well.

Hi,

I have just joined the forum. Following are my details:

Office: VSC
N-400 mailed: 8/6/2007
Check Cashed: 11/6/2007

Today I entered my reciept number from the front of the check (not the back...that is just a temporary number used by the Office) in Online Case status and was happy to see that it showed up (with the last updated time stamp of today).

However the status showed that my application was recieved on 6th November 2007. Does this mean that my PD will be 11/6/2007 i.e nearly 3 months after the center actually recieved my application ??? This is crazy !!

Hi,

I have just joined the forum. Following are my details:

Office: VSC
N-400 mailed: 8/6/2007
Check Cashed: 11/6/2007

Today I entered my reciept number from the front of the check (not the back...that is just a temporary number used by the Office) in Online Case status and was happy to see that it showed up (with the last updated time stamp of today).

However the status showed that my application was recieved on 6th November 2007. Does this mean that my PD will be 11/6/2007 i.e nearly 3 months after the center actually recieved my application ??? This is crazy !!

I think that the date that shows up on the website is the date the envelope with the application was opened and/or the check was deposited.

Yes my check was cashed on 11/6/07 so you are probably correct Vorpal.

I just hope that my PD correctly read 8/7/2007 which is when they actually received the application :confused:

I just hope that my PD correctly read 8/7/2007 which is when they actually received the application :confused:

I don't think you have anything to worry about. Everyone who's gotten their receipts so far has reported correct PDs.

FOIPA is an acronym for Freedom Of Information/Privacy Act. Basically, it's a request that you send to a government agency (in this case, the FBI) to be provided information that they have on you. It's a pre-emptive measure that I've taken, in case I get stuck in name check and end up having to file a WOM. For more information, read the "My Name Check Experience" thread.

How can FOIPA prevent your app from going to namecheck? As I undersand FOIPA can only access your primary file and not secondary. So if you have something on secondary file then FOIPA will not show it but your app can still get into namecheck line.

How can FOIPA prevent your app from going to namecheck? As I undersand FOIPA can only access your primary file and not secondary. So if you have something on secondary file then FOIPA will not show it but your app can still get into namecheck line.

Oh, the FOIPA doesn't prevent anything. It's simply a precautionary measure I decided to take, in case I do get stuck in name check and have to file a lawsuit. It's just another piece of paperwork that's used to demonstrate to the judge that you've used other methods to attempt to get your name check cleared, before resorting to a lawsuit.

You know, it is very hard to make any sense of the numbers on the check and the messages on the web.
My application was received at VSC on 8/14. There are 2 ESC number on the checl
The one in the back state that "this N-4oo applicationved on 14 september..." , the one in the front stat "this N-400 application was received on 11/7/07...."
11/7/07 is actually the date my check was submitted to the bank and us also written in the front of the check.
so go figure

You know, it is very hard to make any sense of the numbers on the check and the messages on the web.
My application was received at VSC on 8/14. There are 2 ESC number on the checl
The one in the back state that "this N-4oo applicationved on 14 september..." , the one in the front stat "this N-400 application was received on 11/7/07...."
11/7/07 is actually the date my check was submitted to the bank and us also written in the front of the check.
so go figure

Ignore the number on the back, the receipt number is DEFINITELY the number written on the front. Several members of this forum who have recently received their receipts have confirmed this already.

My file at Vermont service center:

Applied for N-400
December 1, 2007 package sent.
Wait begins.

The ESC* number written on the front of my check finally showed up online today. And it states "On November 8, we received...."

I have not gone to the post office to check if the NOA was received - I will do that upon my return from vacation. Yes, some of us are on vacation!!

Ciao for now.

My status finally appeared online today. The date displayed on the website matches the date my check was initially deposited for cashing (11/13/07). Has anyone who applied at VSC during August or September gotten their receipts/FP notices yet?

receipt received

Dear all
My application was received by VSC on 8/14/07. Today I received my receipt. here are some facts that could help some others
1- The ESC number on the front of the check is the correct one adn matches the one on the receipt
2- Priority date is 8/14/07 which is the date the application received in VSC mailroom
3- The online status still says November 7 which is the date the check is cashed.
4- the application stated that "you will be notified within 365 days...."
5- no FP notice yet

hopefully this help you

I've received the NOA and the FP notice today. Seems like there's hope for VSC filers after all!

NOA recieved

I received my NOA on 12/6 and the PD is 8/7/2007 which is when they received the application in the mailroom.

Have not yet received the FP notice though.