My Information

N- 400 application
VSC
District Office- Newark
Received and Priority Date: August 27, 2007
Fingerprinting Done- Dec. 26, 2007
Cleared and submitted to FBI at the same day
Interview date; within 365 days from the date of notice

However, up to now my case number is still not yet in the system if you try to do the online follow up. I wonder why?????????

Info for me and my wife
VSC

Wife:
RD - 09/17/07
PD - 09/17/07
ND - 12/06/07
FP - 01/22/08

Mine:
RD - 09/17/07
PD - 09/17/07
ND - 12/06/07
FP - ?

Good to see that everyone in the July/August/September timeframe is moving along. I can't wait to see the ILs start to come in.

Hello again folks,

We all agree that the online case status is not reliable. What can we say for the phone automated status?

When you call and enter your receipt number, it usually says something along "please wait while we look up your receipt"

When I tried calling today...I get "We are unable to look up your info at this time due to a system error"

What does this mean??

System error....or possibility of being in line for IL?

Hello again folks,

We all agree that the online case status is not reliable. What can we say for the phone automated status?

When you call and enter your receipt number, it usually says something along "please wait while we look up your receipt"

When I tried calling today...I get "We are unable to look up your info at this time due to a system error"

What does this mean??

System error....or possibility of being in line for IL?

Hmmmmm, good question. After reading your post, I called the NCSC, and got the same exact message that appears online. Does your status still appear online?

I just called the automated line again.

Says, "We're sorry, Dur to a temporary problem with our system we are unable to access your case"

Keeping my fingers crossed.

I'll call back at the end of business day.

Edit:

Bah...just called and spoke with a person...She said it's still penging at VSC.

So I guess it's just a system problem..:(

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright....

I just came back from an InfoPass.

Namecheck and FP all cleared and I was put in que on 11/16/2007 (See. sig- date after I did FP)

I asked him how bad it was and he said last time he heard it was a few months.

Funny thing, He asked me if I received a letter as yet (prior to disclosing the namecheck info) and when I told him no he said, well maybe another few months.

More waiting...:)

Alright....

Namecheck and FP all cleared and I was put in que on 11/16/2007 (See. sig- date after I did FP)

Funny thing, He asked me if I received a letter as yet (prior to disclosing the namecheck info) and when I told him no he said, well maybe another few months.

At least you've passed the name check, so congrats on that! If you don't mind me asking, what's your country of birth/citizenship? Earlier today, Bobsmyth posted a link to an article in USA Today, which stated that Muslims and Middle Easterners, as well as some Chinese and Hispanic immigrants, are the most likely ethnic groups to become name check victims. I'm guessing you don't belong to any of those groups?

Alright....

Boston is definitely one of the bigger cities, so you might have to wait a few months like the IO indicated only due to sheer volume of applicants. At least you know you're in line for an interview! That is very good.

At least you've passed the name check, so congrats on that! If you don't mind me asking, what's your country of birth/citizenship? Earlier today, Bobsmyth posted a link to an article in USA Today, which stated that Muslims and Middle Easterners, as well as some Chinese and Hispanic immigrants, are the most likely ethnic groups to become name check victims. I'm guessing you don't belong to any of those groups?

I am Jamaican.

Boston is definitely one of the bigger cities, so you might have to wait a few months like the IO indicated only due to sheer volume of applicants. At least you know you're in line for an interview! That is very good.

Thanks. Keeping Fingers and legs crossed.

Alright....

Well done. I got the same piece of good news too on Friday when I had my infopass. I'm in Boston too and with a PD around the same time as yours.
So we are in the same waiting/stagnant boat. He said a few months eh? Did he say if your file had arrived at Boston D.O? He told me that VSC still had mine and hadn't sent it over.

Let's keep ourselves informed of developments through the Boston-Timeline and VSC -July++ threads.

Cheers,

S.

Is my receipt number wrong?

Hello All,

I filed for N-400 earlier with VSC and have finally received a NOA. But, everytime I enter my receipt number, the telephone line mentions that there is no such application number. Same thing happens when I try to enter it online.
One thing about this number is ESC*then followed by 9 digits.

I have gotten my receipt 2 weeks ago. Should I be worried about the number not showing up online? I am trying to find out if my fingerprinting notice was sent out. Thats why I am eager to find more on my case.

Thanks,

Thx, no fingerprint notice yet?

Your information is probably not updated to the system yet, if I were you I'll wait another week and call them

Hello All,

I filed for N-400 earlier with VSC and have finally received a NOA. But, everytime I enter my receipt number, the telephone line mentions that there is no such application number. Same thing happens when I try to enter it online.
One thing about this number is ESC*then followed by 9 digits.

I have gotten my receipt 2 weeks ago. Should I be worried about the number not showing up online? I am trying to find out if my fingerprinting notice was sent out. Thats why I am eager to find more on my case.

Thanks,

Don't worry about your status not appearing online, as the online feature is completely useless. It's hardly ever (if at all) updated, and you shouldn't rely on it. What you should do is speak to a live operator and explain your situation. This seems like a case where you'll be connected to an IO, who will be able to look up your case and, hopefully, provide you with the information you need.

Hi,
We (my husband and I) got our interview letters yesterday and just wanted to share.
FYI, fingerprint notice letter said, we should expect to be notified in 365 days for our interview and our cases never disappeared online.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
We (my husband and I) got our interview letters yesterday and just wanted to share.
FYI, fingerprint notice letter said, we should expect to be notified in 365 days for our interview and our cases never disappeared online.

Congrats! This is yet another good sign.