VSC I-140 Denied MTR Sent and waiting for response TRACKER

phani8 said:
Hi all,

When will EAD/AP be valid??,
Case below :
Applied 140 and 485 in April 04 (Labour Substitution case), was Denied in Dec 04 and a MTR was filed on 14 Jan 05, No change in LUD, will my EAD and AP be valid during this period? , if not when will they be.?
Ho w will I know my case is opened or Not?

Thanks
My Attorney told me that, while MTR is pending, EAD can be used. However, USCIS may not renew the EAD until I-485 reopen. When 485 reopened both EAD/AP will be valid until expiration and can be renewed.

Is that true???

Venkat,
R u sure that till they open i-485, they cannot renew EAD :(
I just applied for EAD renewal and they haven't open my I290B from past 4 months(10/13/04). I don't see any lud on my 140/485 either.
what should I expect from them then? do they just keep that EAD renewal file as pending till they open 485??
-Sreedhar

Hi folks,

The following is the status that shows on the web, waiting for the status to change... Do you think I should call USCIS centre?

On December 9, 2004, your I290B NOTICE OF APPEAL TO THE COMMISSIONER was received here for processing. It is taking between 30 and 180 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

Application Type: I140, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER

Current Status:

On November 18, 2004, this case was transferred to our Administrative Appeals Office for review. That office will notify you of any further action taken on this case

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

Your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received on October 27, 2003. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 365 and 540 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

Application Type: I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status:

Your I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION was received on October 27, 2003. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 60 and 90 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

Thanks,
cn_2k.

140 -RD 10/22/2003, ND 1027/2003, Denied (140,485,765 ) 08/12/2004.
MTR-290B - RD 09/10/2004, ND 09/14/2004.

Last edited by a moderator:
sreedharj said:
Venkat,
R u sure that till they open i-485, they cannot renew EAD :(
I just applied for EAD renewal and they haven't open my I290B from past 4 months(10/13/04). I don't see any lud on my 140/485 either.
what should I expect from them then? do they just keep that EAD renewal file as pending till they open 485??
-Sreedhar
Sreedhar,
Yes. As long as your I-485 shown as denied (not online... but at USCIS system), they don't renew the EAD. It happened to my wife's case. My I-485 reopened but not my wife's I-485. We sent a request for reopen the I-485 for wife and children. In the mean time we applied for EAD from my wife and got denied on December 16th, saying EAD can't issue for an I-485 denied case.
Then I called cust. Service at VSC and the rep told me that wait until the I-485 reopen.

reopen

Let me join this forum and share my experience.
My I-140 of EB2 NIW was just dineid and filed MTR.
When something happen, I will post here shortly.
I posted same thing to Nabraska forum, but I think this forum is better for me.

Vermont EB2 NIW Concurrent
I140/485/EAD
ND: 05/06/2003
I140 - Denied 01/25/05
Appeal Filed 02/24/05

NIW appeal

Hi, Guys:
My NIW I140 was denied this Jan, I filed appeal (290B only) in Feb and it was reopened Mar. 7. Howere, when I check online today, it said they need RFE. THis did not happen often, right? Is it bad or good? I am really confused now. I havn't got the RFE letter yet.

case status update

I received bunch of emails on the 14th March, 2005 @11.15pm stating that my case was re-open and is in process, the emails were for my I140 and 485 for me and my wife.

How much will it take from now once the case is re-open, any idea?

Mtr

Hi Everybody,
I am a silent visitor to this board. Pls give me an answer for the ff:

My MTR was opened on March 11th and LUD on I-140 was 3/14 and I 485 was 3/15. No news yet. how long it will to get to approve? anybody pls feed back. Thanks
kmol

congrat

need_green_card said:
Ok guys my i140 application got approved on the 16th March 2005 and 485 status is " open on BCIS motion and is in process".

Congratulation!
Now you need to change your name from need_green_card
to got_green_card, don't you?
I really hope to follow you.

Vermont EB2 NIW Concurrent
I140/485/EAD
ND: 05/06/2003
I140 - Denied 01/25/05
Appeal Filed 02/24/05
ND 03/01/05

Last edited by a moderator:
UnitedNation please help

First, congratulations to need_green_card

Guys, please comment on my case. My NIW case was deniled, but reopend after appleal. Now they ask me for RFE----the most weird thing is the RFE letter look exactly as the denial letter (Same sentence like publication itself does not mean-----the citation----), but it changed to ask for more evidence instead of denial. It seems like they did not look at my appeal stuff at all (I submitted citation report with my appeal letter and some new materials including a new recommendation letter), but why did they reopen it then?
Oh, My, I am so tired of this. I feel this is so endless and hopeless.What should I do?

kmol60 said:
Hi Everybody,
I am a silent visitor to this board. Pls give me an answer for the ff:

My MTR was opened on March 11th and LUD on I-140 was 3/14 and I 485 was 3/15. No news yet. how long it will to get to approve? anybody pls feed back. Thanks
kmol
Normally once MTR is accepted and 140 is reopened, it is approved within a week. So you should see the 140 approval between today and Monday. What is the message on your 485? Mine is reopened on xyz date.

EricS said:
Hi Dazzling,
Thanks for your suggestion. I just called the 800 number and followed the instructions as mentioned in your post. Once I got connected to VSC, they asked me to provide the EAC# for my wife's case and said they will send this information to concerned officer and the case will be reopened. I also changed the address at same time. I will keep everyone updated on the status.
My wife's case got reopened yesterday. I had to call USCIS about 4 times. First they said they will send the info to the concerned officer. Second time, after 15 days, they said file has been requested. After few days, the file had reached the officer and was told case will be reopened shortly. Next time same thing again and after few days case got reopened.
I did not get any help from my attorney and was planning to contact congressman, but fortunately didn't need that.

Mtr

Hi PK1111

My mtr was received by BCIS on 3rd December. Lud was 12/8 and 12/9. Then was quiet for long time. Suddently I saw changes on both I-140 and I-485 on March 11th saying they open the case. Then lud changed on 3/14 and 3/15. Now it is quiet again.

Since my case is open, I called the Service center for my husband and son, they said, I have to file MTR for them too. Is this right? I read from this thread that they open automatically. So any idea, I wait or call them again. Pls feed back.

Thanks for replying me.
Rgds

EricS said:
Normally once MTR is accepted and 140 is reopened, it is approved within a week. So you should see the 140 approval between today and Monday. What is the message on your 485? Mine is reopened on xyz date.

Thanks for your reply.
Mine both I-140 & I-485 opened. Mine I-485 opened on ...... date, etc...

I cross my fingers and waiting for the approval. It had a terrible journey, I would not even wish for my enemies.

Thanks again

mtr

My case both I-140 and I 485 are opened on March 11, and no approval posted or e-mail . Do you suggest that I call them after the approval or call now. pls let me know.
thanks

kmol60 said:
My case both I-140 and I 485 are opened on March 11, and no approval posted or e-mail . Do you suggest that I call them after the approval or call now. pls let me know.
thanks
Wait for your 140 approval. Should happend by Monday or Tuesday. Then call for your Husband and son's 485 if these are not opened in another 2-3 days after that.