VSC I-140 Denied MTR Sent and waiting for response TRACKER

It seems I am the only person whos status is unknow and when my turn comes to open my file.:(

140- denied and received by VSC on 10/14. I don't see any LUD on my file.

Any one has any idea of what could be the reason for delaying my caase???

sreedharj said:
It seems I am the only person whos status is unknow and when my turn comes to open my file.:(

140- denied and received by VSC on 10/14. I don't see any LUD on my file.

Any one has any idea of what could be the reason for delaying my caase???
Hi Sreedharj,

Looks like you are not alone. My case was denied by VSC on 11/28 and we filed the MTR on DEC 26th 2004 (Ability to Pay).

LUD chages on 01/04 and 01/05 and no update since then.

Thanks

Online status

I got RFE on 140 and the lawyer replied back. I am currently waiting for the decision.

When USCIS denies a 140 application, will the online status message change on the same day of the denial notice issued? Or it changes after certain time?

I have heard that the status will not change for some time and the company
receives the notice before any change in the online message. Is that true?

Thanks,

VHD999 said:
I got RFE on 140 and the lawyer replied back. I am currently waiting for the decision.

When USCIS denies a 140 application, will the online status message change on the same day of the denial notice issued? Or it changes after certain time?

I have heard that the status will not change for some time and the company
receives the notice before any change in the online message. Is that true?

Thanks,
This is my experience reading thru all the messages:
"Online message does not change on denial of 140 and 485"

Company and attorney will get the notice by mail.

EAD approved when my Appeal is still pending

FYI
I got EAD approval yesterday even before my appeal is opened. I sent for appeal in Oct, 2004 but they haven't open my file yet. I ahve seen some messages in this fourm that if your appeal is pending, there may not be EAD approval..With this i can say that's not true.

Last edited by a moderator:
LUDs

Today there are LUD changes on all my applications. Looks like it is going to be a denial.

Anybody's LUD changed on all applications but not a denial and something else?

Please post your comments while I am preparing for the worst.

VHD999 said:
Today there are LUD changes on all my applications. Looks like it is going to be a denial.

Anybody's LUD changed on all applications but not a denial and something else?

Please post your comments while I am preparing for the worst.

I wonder why you think your application looks like being denied.

140 LUDs

BRFA said:
I wonder why you think your application looks like being denied.

I have read from various posts in this forum that if LUDs chage on all the pending applications on same day with no message change, it is very likely that it is going to be a denial.

Atleast, thats what happend to many people whose applications got denied.

And in my earlier message, I was trying to find cases that do not fit into this pattern.

VHD999 said:
I have read from various posts in this forum that if LUDs chage on all the pending applications on same day with no message change, it is very likely that it is going to be a denial.

Atleast, thats what happend to many people whose applications got denied.

And in my earlier message, I was trying to find cases that do not fit into this pattern.

OK, I understand. I wish your expectation would be wrong.

To buddies similar to me

In my case (NIW), 140 and 485 were updated on Feb 1st without any change of information. I called NSC several times. They told me a decision was made on Jan 31 but would not tell me what the decision is. I went to the local immigration office and heard from the officer that my 485 has been denied on Jan 31. It is funny that after more than 2 months the decision was made, I have not received any notice from USCIS.

Based on my experience, I think that 140 and 485 are updated simultaneously may indicate a decision has been made on your case. If there is no change of information, it generally means denial (there are a few people who get approval notice without change of information, but it rarely happens). It may take some time for the USCIS officer to write an explanation letter why he or she denis your petition. As in my case, I guess it is not a easy task for the officer who made the decision to write such a letter and get his/her supervisor satisfied.

I will keep you updated and I will file an appeal once I get an official notice.

LUDs

waiting GC said:
In my case (NIW), 140 and 485 were updated on Feb 1st without any change of information. I called NSC several times. They told me a decision was made on Jan 31 but would not tell me what the decision is. I went to the local immigration office and heard from the officer that my 485 has been denied on Jan 31. It is funny that after more than 2 months the decision was made, I have not received any notice from USCIS.

Based on my experience, I think that 140 and 485 are updated simultaneously may indicate a decision has been made on your case. If there is no change of information, it generally means denial (there are a few people who get approval notice without change of information, but it rarely happens). It may take some time for the USCIS officer to write an explanation letter why he or she denis your petition. As in my case, I guess it is not a easy task for the officer who made the decision to write such a letter and get his/her supervisor satisfied.

I will keep you updated and I will file an appeal once I get an official notice.

Did the LUDs change any time after Feb 1st?

I140 reopened

My I140 and 485 have been reopened today. I am so happy to hear that.
The reason of my denial is that my paper which was printed in Nature had been
cited by only a few papers as of file an application. But after that, it has been
cited by a lot of papers. Also some textbooks and websites including NIH cited
my paper.I guess that is why mine was reopend.
Some people say that USCIS officer do not count the achievements after filing I140 for MTR, but now I am sure that they do.

Vermont EB2 NIW Concurrent
I140/485/EAD
ND: 05/06/2003
I140 - Denied 01/25/05
Appeal Filed 02/24/05 ND 03/01/05
I140 and I485 reopened 04/06/05

Last edited by a moderator:
BRFA said:
Also, my I140 was approved early this morning - just 12 hours after reopen.
Congratulations BRFA! What a relief, right? I know the feeling. Really happy for you. I do not know if your FP is done or not, if it is done, I hope your 485 will be approved soon as you are EB2.

EricS said:
Congratulations BRFA! What a relief, right? I know the feeling. Really happy for you. I do not know if your FP is done or not, if it is done, I hope your 485 will be approved soon as you are EB2.

Thank you EricS. Also I want to say thank you to everyone in this forum. I am done FP last December.

Congrats BRFA...I know how good is the feeling now.

Guys,

Any idea approximately how much time it takes to reopen EB3 MTR? I am still waiting for the decision/notice on my 140.

Thanks,

To BRFA

Congratulations, BRFA.

Could you please share your experience on filing an appeal? Did you do it by yourself? Thank you.

waiting GC said:
Congratulations, BRFA.

Could you please share your experience on filing an appeal? Did you do it by yourself? Thank you.

Of course. This forum has been so helpful. I have got a lot
of information. The only regret is that I didn't find here until recently.