VSC 2003 by sampling scanning

Sorry to hear that nemisis,

ETC-GC
I had question for you.

Being the the priority dates retogress from Jan in EB3 catogory.

Does this mean that they will stop processing all the cases whose priority dates is after jan -2002

What is the visa number?
Once the 485 is filed, does they allocate the Visa number
or
After the 485 is approved they allocate the Visa number

Until now the EB3 is current, they have been processing based on the dates the 485 application is received.
{In USCIS web sites, they say the case are ordered based on the priority dates.}

If the priority dates retrogress.
Does they start processing the cases
First whose priority dates are before Jan2002
and
Then look into any one who filed the 485 with a priority dates after Jan2002.

Just confused with the visa numbers. Does this number allready allocated to us being we filed for 485, or still we need to get one after the 485 approval.

Any one Please help to answer this query apprecate

dbwr said:
Does this mean that they will stop processing all the cases whose priority dates is after jan -2002

What is the visa number?
Once the 485 is filed, does they allocate the Visa number
or
After the 485 is approved they allocate the Visa number

Until now the EB3 is current, they have been processing based on the dates the 485 application is received.
{In USCIS web sites, they say the case are ordered based on the priority dates.}

If the priority dates retrogress.
Does they start processing the cases
First whose priority dates are before Jan2002
and
Then look into any one who filed the 485 with a priority dates after Jan2002.

Just confused with the visa numbers. Does this number allready allocated to us being we filed for 485, or still we need to get one after the 485 approval.

You'll get more responses to this question in the main I-485 forum...

The bottom line as I understand it is that they

a) won't accept new I-485 applications if the associated PD is past 01/01/02
b) they won't approve any previously filed I-485 application until it's associated PD is <= the current priority date

I'm not sure how the visa number fits into this -- it's possible that you can have a visa number yet not be elligible to be approved because of the PD restriction.

My best guess is that I-485's will continue to be processed as before, based on their RD/ND. If they pull your case and the PD isn't current (and it's EB3 skilled, and you are from India / China / Philippines), they'll put it back just as they would if the FP or name check wasn't complete yet.

The frustrating thing in all of this I imagine is that people don't know how long it will take for PD's to advance / become current again. There was even mention of the PDs possibly retrogressing further at some point, including possibly for EB2.

ETA

Will my case move faster?

Friends,

My LC Priority Date:11-19-2001
I-140 Filed on: Nov-2002
I-140 AD : May-2003
I-485 RD: 08/01/03

485 Applied in VT center

NO FP recieved yet.

I know that my case should be current as per the new cut off dates.

I see that Processing date for Vermont Center is June 19 2003. So will this remain same for all EB categories? After current date, does INS process all the categories (EB2 and EB3) with same preference or do they have two different threads?

Do I benifit anything because of this cut off dates? like my I-485 will be processed fast? or it does not effect me at all?

Thank you for any inputs,
Ajay

I wanted to have my last post here in this thread where I "published" the result of several hundreds of hours of scanning to try to understand how USICS works and when I have to wait for the approval.

I was finally approved today after the interview at the local office in Philly. After 3.5 years in the waiting line, my journey is finally over, but they didn't approve my wife's yet since she was transferred 1 month later that me, her application "wasn't ready yet". Anyway since I'm the main applicant I guess that won't be a problem, the only hassle is that she has to fly again from Boston to Philly (or as I hope she might be approved without interview).

I was thinking at this moment since long time ago, asking myself if I’ll be extremely happy,or maybe concerned that I don’t have to worry about immigration anymore ... the truth is that it’s just a dumb feeling of indifference. Definitively this entire process was the worst thing I’ve ever been in my life so far....

Anyway good luck to all of you waiting here and don't lose hope, your day will come.
nemessis

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations!

nemessis,

Congratulations and thank you for your contribution to all of us.
Your scanning results were the lights in the long dark tunnel.
I hope your wife also approve soon.

All the best.
- KIH