VSC 2003 by sampling scanning

Sep2003VSC said:
ETA,
My LUD changed recently without any change in the message,
How long do you think I have to wait for another change [ Good Chg (485 Approved) or Bad Change (Transferred)] in LUD and Msg

Check the following threads:

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=152268&page=3

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=151554&page=5

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=152271&page=2

It's still unclear IMO whether LUD changes really do mean that they are about to process your case.

ETA

Last edited by a moderator:
ND 6/30/2003 as of today

Approved : 59 (17.6%)
Xferred: 180 (53.6%)
Pending : 97 (28.8%)
Total : 336

I have a feeling that i have missed the boat. With only very few percent remaining, my case could go for a long haul with the retrogression nearing and back log elimination centres begins to work. Looks like VSC has moved on to Aug-Sep-Oct for approving the lucky ones.
Good luck.

nyte_crawler said:
I have a feeling that i have missed the boat.

Maybe, although while we are starting to see more activity for Aug/Sep/Oct cases but there are still many June people in the 2003 tracker (http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=984558#post984558) who haven't been approved yet -- at least half from eyeballing things...

My theory (which could be totally wrong) is that most of the transfers are for non-employment based cases. I'm basing this on the fact that we've seen very few transfers in the tracker so far (maybe 10 transfers max with over 100 approvals).

My other theory (which could also be wrong) is that the VSC does scan ahead trying to approve "easy" cases and more difficult cases are caught in a 2nd "wave". Unless yours is an especially tricky case, hopefully you'll be picked up by the 2nd wave. Also, the VSC location which is handling Apr-Oct 2003 cases is apparently supposed to complete those by March 2005...

ETA

Possibly my case is just stuck at somebody's table and they are just taking their own time to work !! <Possible explanation that i can think off>
I have buddies who were the part of the same labor certification (group) and who applied their 485 in August-Sept 2003 has been approved. I see that everyday they touch about 10 applications in my day's portfolio. I believe they did take my application on 10/29/03 and instead of approving my petition what did they do ?, they issued an RFE for passport style photos for my already approved AP. VSC works very strange and i did have some hope.
Sorry for diluting this thread more...

Hi ETA-GC,
I have all 485 EAC numbers for 5th April, 2004.
The total numbers of 485 case on that day are 211.

Is there any tracker or program that I can track these 211 cases?
Thanks

vaasista said:
Hi ETA-GC,
I have all 485 EAC numbers for 5th April, 2004.
The total numbers of 485 case on that day are 211.

Is there any tracker or program that I can track these 211 cases?
Thanks

If you know Excel somewhat, you could grab the spreadsheet that I'm using and:

#1 paste your cases into the list
#2 fix the cells up to refer to your range of data
#3 rename the sheet to EAC04-xxx accordingly
#4 run the I485Scan macro and specify your yy and ddd (04 xxx)

Or, you can skip #2 above and simply delete everything in that sheet except for your case #'s then do steps #3 and #4 (the case status will be updated every time you scan but you won't have the statistics at the bottom of the sheet).

Also, you might want to reduce your # cases to < 200 so you can scan in one shot (otherwise you will need to use 2 IP's / reset your IP after 200 cases or you will be locked out of the USCIS site for a couple days).

ETA

Gc Approved

My 485 and my wife's has been approved. Here are the details . You guys have been very supportive here and doing a great job. Good luck .

EAC-032355xxxx
ND 08/19/2003
AD 11/26/2004
LUD 11/29/2004

scan - EAC0314750400 - 600

Total - 20

Approved - 5
Resumed/FP recvd - 6
Transferred - 4
Misc - 5

latest statistics for 08/25/03 cases

Last Scan: 11/24/04
This Scan: 12/01/04 (+7 days)
# Cases: 189

In the last 7 days there were 16 (!) approvals for 08/25/03 cases. No transfers and a huge jump in the average LUD that I'm tracking. Of the 16 approvals, 12 came in the last 3 days (since 11/29/04).

At this point 21.69% of the cases have been processed (19.05% approved, 2.65% transferred).

This is by far the most activity that we've seen for these cases -- even more than during the last scan which had 6 approvals in 6 days.

I'll do 10/23/03 cases later tonight.

ETA

ETA,

You are scanning the EAC-03-2395XXXX, My ND is 09/02/2003 and my numbers starts with EAC-03-2495XXXX. I am curious to know about the activities on my ND.

Can you please send me a link that tells me how to scan cases on that particular day.

Thanks

vaasista said:

The information that is missing in the above is how to actually get the case numbers (something which the other poster actually had).

To find these, you have to scan a range of about 5000 cases from roughly YYDDD51000 through YYDDD56000, 200 cases at a time (or your IP will be locked out for 1-3 days). You will probably find about 400-500 cases total if you do the entire range for most days. I stopped after finding about 200 cases so I could update all of these in one shot (from a single IP) -- it took me about 3 weeks to obtain the cases (now I can update them in < 1 minute). If you have access to multiple IPs / can reset your IP after 200 cases, then things will go faster (you could probably do everything in a few hours with broadband).

Don't forget to look at the cases that nemessis is scanning. He is tracking about 20000 (!) cases, on days 1 week apart, so he may already be scanning your day (1/5 chance) or a day that is close enough to yours for the purpose of getting an idea of activity for cases with RDs near yours.

ETA

latest statistics for 10/23/03 cases

Last Scan: 11/24/04
This Scan: 12/01/04 (+7 days)
# Cases: 196

Not too much activity this time around -- just 2 approvals on 11/29/04.

One odd thing is that quite a few cases had their status type change to "Misc". This usually means the "we responded to your request" message due to changing address or inquiring about your case but it's a bit surprising that there were so many of these this time around.

No huge change in the average LUD (this doesn't account for LUD changes without a change in the status message though, of which there were probably quite a few).

ETA

How Can We Can Know About Eac04034*****?

Eta-gc,
Can You Find Out About This Series Of Cases? I Am Trying To Understand This But I Have Very Least Knowledge Of Computers, So Can You Say What Are They Doing For These Cases? I Did My Fp On 11/2 And The Last Lud Change Was On 11/15 Before That The Lud Changed For 2-3 Times And Then No Change..... I Am So Much Curious About This. Thanks For Helping.

rbv said:
Eta-gc,
Can You Find Out About This Series Of Cases? I Am Trying To Understand This But I Have Very Least Knowledge Of Computers, So Can You Say What Are They Doing For These Cases? I Did My Fp On 11/2 And The Last Lud Change Was On 11/15 Before That The Lud Changed For 2-3 Times And Then No Change..... I Am So Much Curious About This. Thanks For Helping.

I can't scan those cases (someone else might) but you could always follow the cases that I'm scanning for 10/23/03 (EAC04016XXXXX = my own ND) since the date that you are interested in is only a 18 business days later (around mid-November?). The problem is that it can take *weeks* to find a good sample of cases for any given day and I just don't have time to do this...

It sounds like the VSC is starting to look at some October cases but most of their effort is probably in Aug/Sep currently. With a little luck, we'll both be approved soon, otherwise the VSC is apparently supposed to clear October 2003 cases by March 2005, which isn't too far away now and hopefully they'll get into November cases shortly after that...

ETA

Thankx.

ETA-GC,
THANKS A LOT.... THAT MADE ME FEEL BETTER :). I HOPE AND WILL PRAY TO GOD THAT YOU AND ME (AND ALL OTHER LIKE US) :p WILL GET APPROVED SOOOOOON!!! :cool:

nemessis

Hi - in the same boat as all....ETA-GC sugested you are scanning 485 cases for 09/01/03~, do you happen to have a latest scan results.
Request to post it or link me to that post if you already have posted it.
Thanks
-uNeverKnow