VSC 2003 by sampling scanning

Update 7/12/2004

Big surprise this week ... an increased numbers of ... transfers ... see the first plot with completed, mostly transfers, but clearly a very high activity at VSC. If somebody doesn't understand what all this numbers mean please send me a pm and I'll explain.

Cheers,
nemessis

nemessis said:
Big surprise this week ... an increased numbers of ... transfers ... see the first plot with completed, mostly transfers, but clearly a very high activity at VSC. If somebody doesn't understand what all this numbers mean please send me a pm and I'll explain.

Cheers,
nemessis

Hey nemessis.

Thanks once again for putting this together -- I've been pouring over the numbers...

Just checking but the first sheet only includes I-485 cases, right?

It's a little discouraging to see so many cases being transferred. I'm assuming that the local centers are as backed up as the VSC is and that it could take 1-2 years or longer for these cases to be processed (it might be interesting to learn what kind of cases are being transferred). Do we even have forums tracking local handling of 485 cases?

Unfortunately, if you remove the transferred cases from the "Completed" list (since transferred cases could have a long way to go) then the numbers go down a lot, although it does seem like cases in 10/02 are starting to get attention, e.g.:

10/01/02: 13.27%
10/05/02: 30.99%
10/10/02: 6.74%
10/18/02: 7.83%
02/25/03: 2.56%
06/09/03: 1.43%
07/22/03: 0.00%

(do you think it might be useful to have separate "Completed" and "Completed / Transferred" data / graphs?)

Thanks again!

ETA

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to start scanning RD 07/10/2003 (EAC03207) (that's my date :D )

Let me know if you need additional days and I'll give you my data in a couple weeks when I have most or all of it scanned (at 250/day, it'll take a while).

Thx.

K

Hi guys,

The table has only I485 data, the only 140 data is in the 3rd worksheet with the processing time reports.

I have a proposal for you (plus the other active members of this forum and I140 forum): let's add more dates, by continuing to scan every fifth day for the rest of the 2003 and 2004, so we'll need volunteers for: EAC03-220, 225, 230, 235, 240, 245, 250, 255, 260 (I think 26x is the last day of FY 2003) and EAC04-001, 005, 010, 015, ..., 205 should be the last. We'll need as many volunteers as possible for that to do the initial scanning and the update after that so we'll have a much larger database and a better understanding of what's going on. What do you think? In the case you want to do it post here the dates you want to scan so we won't have duplicates.

Thanks,
nemessis

nemessis said:
Hi guys,

The table has only I485 data, the only 140 data is in the 3rd worksheet with the processing time reports.

I have a proposal for you (plus the other active members of this forum and I140 forum): let's add more dates, by continuing to scan every fifth day for the rest of the 2003 and 2004, so we'll need volunteers for: EAC03-220, 225, 230, 235, 240, 245, 250, 255, 260 (I think 26x is the last day of FY 2003) and EAC04-001, 005, 010, 015, ..., 205 should be the last. We'll need as many volunteers as possible for that to do the initial scanning and the update after that so we'll have a much larger database and a better understanding of what's going on. What do you think? In the case you want to do it post here the dates you want to scan so we won't have duplicates.

Thanks,
nemessis

I'm in.

I can do EAC04-015 (my own ND is 10/23/04 = EAC04-016XXXXX). I can do more if there aren't too many (> 250) cases on those days. Am I right that there appear to be *way* more I-485 cases per given day than I-140 cases? e.g. prior to my I-140 being approved I had scanned for I-140 cases on 10/01/03 and only came up with about 50 or so cases -- there appear to be at least 250 I-485 cases for each of the days that you've been tracking?

Also, just to be sure, I'm assuming we don't know any of the case #'s for the missing days yet, right? So the first task is to find these by scanning from about EAC04-01650000 through EAC04-01655000 or so?

And, apart from using multiple machines with different IPs, there's no way to get around the limit of ~250 scans / day right?

ETA

The only way I know other than changing the IP in IE is using dial-up from home and the IP changes every time you connect.

There are more I485 that I140 because for a family for example there is 1 I140 for the main applicant but one I485 for each family member. The highest number of 485's I saw was less that 600 (from a total of ~5000 receipt numbers per day).

The only info I have is from the days I post, if somebody else has already scanned other dates is welcome to post/participate in updates, to aviod redundant work.

Thanks a lot ETA-GC for help.
nemessis

ETA-GC said:
I'm in.

I can do EAC04-015 (my own ND is 10/23/04 = EAC04-016XXXXX). I can do more if there aren't too many (> 250) cases on those days. Am I right that there appear to be *way* more I-485 cases per given day than I-140 cases? e.g. prior to my I-140 being approved I had scanned for I-140 cases on 10/01/03 and only came up with about 50 or so cases -- there appear to be at least 250 I-485 cases for each of the days that you've been tracking?

Also, just to be sure, I'm assuming we don't know any of the case #'s for the missing days yet, right? So the first task is to find these by scanning from about EAC04-01650000 through EAC04-01655000 or so?

And, apart from using multiple machines with different IPs, there's no way to get around the limit of ~250 scans / day right?

ETA

nemessis said:
The only info I have is from the days I post, if somebody else has already scanned other dates is welcome to post/participate in updates, to aviod redundant work.

Do you think that looking for cases in EAC04-01650000 through EAC04-01655000 (or EACYY-DDD50000 through EACYY-DDD55000 for other Years / Days) will catch them all or should the range be opened up a bit?

I remember the dialup trick now -- that's what I used earlier :). I still have my dialup connection for a while but I'm using DSL now and I'm not sure that this will reassign my number if I reconnect each time...

Also, I hope others volunteer (this will help all of us to get a better idea of what might happen to our own cases) but if not, I'll probably take cases starting from the end of the current set so we have contiguous samples.

Once I've got the list of I-485 #'s (this is the hard part) I should be able to take care of scanning many of the days for updates. If I can do the IP trick with DSL this won't take long, otherwise I can do this over several days between my home and work systems (unfortunately, the USCIS tends to block our entire range of IP's here at work once the limit is exceeded so I can't use multiple PCs here to do the scans...

ETA

ETA-GC said:
Do you think that looking for cases in EAC04-01650000 through EAC04-01655000 (or EACYY-DDD50000 through EACYY-DDD55000 for other Years / Days) will catch them all or should the range be opened up a bit?

I haven't seen rec # greater than 5600 and even so there will be only a few so if we'll miss them it won't give us a big error.

EAC140 - 132 transfers ?

It looks quite abnormal comapred to transfers for dates in the neighbourhood. Is VSC focussing more on transfers?

Baykarär (Impatient) ♥

Greetings

Greetings to all,

I am new to this portal (any immigration portal for that matter).

Anyways, wanted to say that you guys are doing excellent job. I would like to volunteer for scanning (if you tell me how to do it) for numbers EAC04-04*-*****

My details:
EB3,VSC, 140/EAD/AP/485 concurrent filing

RD........9/9/03
ND........9/11/03
AD........2/13/04
EAD
RD........12/08/03
ND........12/10/03
AD........4/20/04
AP
RD........12/08/03
ND.........12/10/03
AD.........4/26/04
RD..........12/08/03
ND..........12/10/03
AD..........??

July 19 update

same tendency of trasferring lots of applications especially for Jan-May 2003 cases. The ratio Transferred/Approved seems to be 20:1 ... I guess they want to clear the way for approvals :). Some activity at the end of 2002 also. In the PTR section for the first time in months the I485 delay is going down ... cheers

nemessis said:
same tendency of trasferring lots of applications especially for Jan-May 2003 cases. The ratio Transferred/Approved seems to be 20:1 ... I guess they want to clear the way for approvals :). Some activity at the end of 2002 also. In the PTR section for the first time in months the I485 delay is going down ... cheers
nemessis: Nice work. Thanks. ic

Good job

Really great analysis.
One small correction to your wonderful analysis. The first col of spreadsheet is the "Notice date" and not the "Date of Receipt". How about including more days (instead of gap of 5 days) for peak periods (Jan to Apr) for better analytics. Also including the place files are being transferred to.

:) Baykarär ♥

Baykarår ♥ said:
Really great analysis.
One small correction to your wonderful analysis. The first col of spreadsheet is the "Notice date" and not the "Date of Receipt".

OK. Thanks, I'll change that ...

How about including more days (instead of gap of 5 days) for peak periods (Jan to Apr) for better analytics.

I plan to extend the scanning dates for EAC03 > 215. I cannot scan for more intermediate dates but you're welcome to do it ... I'll add your results to my table.

Also including the place files are being transferred to.

I'll try to do that at my next update, but I don't know if that is important info ...

:) Baykarär ♥

Can some one scan for 485 ND: 04/01/03

Can some one help me out in scanning 485 ND: 04/01/03. I appreciate your cooperation.

Regards

Excellent work, nemessis.

Target of transfers during last week is end of Jan '03 thru Apr '03 ND cases. As they open files for FP1 expiry, approving a few and transfering a whole lot.

What a way of reducing backlog at SCs !!
let's see, where it goes.

nemessis said:

For those who want to participate

If somebody wants to scan 2002 in the same manner (by sampling) I have the EAC#s from the whole year. Please let me know what date you want to scan and I'll e-mail you the EAC list.

Nemessis, Can you pl scan 04/01/03.

Can you pl help me in scanning for ND: 04/01/03. We havent received FP also,

Regards