Vorpal's Oath Day -

I've been contacted for jury duty twice, even though I'm not a USC yet. Each time I had to send them proof that I was an alien to get out of it.

Of course, it's your right not to vote, but if you don't, hopefully it's because you're not satisfied with the political options.

I've been contacted for jury duty no less than twice a year since I got my driver license.

I will not register next week. This is just a trigger for a jury duty. I have a right to vote, but don't want to.

Where did you get that information from? Registering to vote is not automatically a trigger for a jury duty. You can still vote. Of course, you don't have to vote if you decide not to vote. It is your right.

The court (local, district, municipal, city hall, federal) pick out the potential jurors from the list of people from database in the census dept or dmv dept/mva dept, ssn adminstration, post office agency, etc.

Some people are not registering to vote are still called for jury even non-citizens are still being contacted for jury.

Where did you get that information from? Registering to vote is not automatically a trigger for a jury duty. You can still vote. Of course, you don't have to vote if you decide not to vote. It is your right.

The court (local, district, municipal, city hall, federal) pick out the potential jurors from the list of people from database in the census dept or dmv dept/mva dept, ssn adminstration, post office agency, etc.

Some people are not registering to vote are still called for jury even non-citizens are still being contacted for jury.

I know they use DMV, SSA, USPS or STATE VOTING COUNCIL, but with DMV or SSA they don't know if you are the citizen, with registering for voting is equal that you are citizen and they will send you invitation for that. I have DL for years and no letters for me yet. I rejected sending information for voting with my driver license application.

I know they use DMV, SSA, USPS or STATE VOTING COUNCIL, but with DMV or SSA they don't know if you are the citizen, with registering for voting is equal that you are citizen and they will send you invitation for that. I have DL for years and no letters for me yet. I rejected sending information for voting with my driver license application.

If you get a jury summons, more likely than not you won't get picked, especially if you use a "creative" response. Afterwards, they'll leave you alone for 4 years.

Vorpal, did you print your signature in your photos at the interview in block letters?
and how did you sign your naturalization certificate?
Cursive, regular signature or just block letters as in photos?

Vorpal, did you print your signature in your photos at the interview in block letters?
and how did you sign your naturalization certificate?
Cursive, regular signature or just block letters as in photos?

I printed my name on the photos, but was instructed to sign the name on the certificate. It didn't matter how the certificate was signed, as long as the signature was legible.