VISA Information for Countries

Hello, friends!

I have just noticed that my stamp in RTD says: ""Admitted for an indefinite period as a returning asylee/dependent of an asylee under section 208b of the Immigration Nationality Act if you depart the U.S. you will need prior permission to return. 52014 Employment authorized."
So, I noticed part : "you will need prior permission to return" .... is this OK?

Can I travel again with my RTD?

Hello, friends!

I have just noticed that my stamp in RTD says: ""Admitted for an indefinite period as a returning asylee/dependent of an asylee under section 208b of the Immigration Nationality Act if you depart the U.S. you will need prior permission to return. 52014 Employment authorized."
So, I noticed part : "you will need prior permission to return" .... is this OK?

Can I travel again with my RTD?
Valid RTD is the permission you need! You are good to go abroad not COP with the RTD not extra entry requirements needed.

Hi Everyone! Just thought I'd share this bit of info I found as I don't think it's been brought up on on this thread. But if you're transiting through Ireland, and have a 1951 USA-issued RTD, you DO NOT need a visa as long as you don't have to pass through border control en route to your connecting flight.

This is the site where you start the visa check: (won't let me post link)
This is what I get when I'm done: (won't let me post link)
And here is the text:
You do not need a transit visa*
* You do not need a transit visa, subject to the information below, to travel through an Irish airport/seaport on your way to another destination.
When travelling
To transit through Ireland means you are only passing through an Irish airport or seaport to travel to another destination. To transit, you cannot pass through border control. If you pass through border control, you are not transiting.
As you are visa required to travel to Ireland but your nationality is not listed on the transit visa required list, you must check with your airline to see if you have to pass through border control.
If you have to pass through border control, you need a short stay or long stay visa to travel to Ireland.
When do I pass through border control?
Times you would pass through border control would include, but are not limited to:
  • Leaving the terminal building for any purpose, including in some cases having to transfer between terminals for a connecting flight.
  • In cases where you must collect your bags and check them in to your onward flight.
  • Transiting overnight - all Irish airports close at night and passengers are required to pass through border control.
Before you travel please check with your Airline if you have to pass through border control.

I was let through passport control in 2005 to transfer terminals on an RTD with no visa, though I had a Schengen visa for my final destination. They were unsure of my situation, but were nice enough to let me through.

Does anyone know why the site won't let me post links? I'm trying to create a new thread with some very interesting information I found that could potentially mean we can travel using our COP passports without any repercussions. I want to post links so everyone can read the court documents and get your guys' take on things, but the site won't let me post them.

Just wanted to report on my last European trip.
I traveled on RTD + GC. I visited the Netherlands, Greece, Spain and Belgium. Flew RyanAir everywhere and had absolutely no problem whatsoever. Everything went really smooth. I had a wonderful time. Planning another trip to Spain some time soon.

Ryanair didn't hassle you with their stupid visa check policy? How did they verify that you could enter Greece and Spain?

If you’re flying Ryanair , all you need to do is check in online and even if you put in that you have an RTD and you are stateless, you DO NOT need a visa check. All you need to do is scan your boarding pass and that’s all. I flew Ryanair 4 times while in Europe and I had no problem whatsoever. As we know, Ryanair has some of the cheapest airfare in Europe. So don’t waste your money on a more expensive flight if you decide to fly around Europe.

If you’re flying Ryanair , all you need to do is check in online and even if you put in that you have an RTD and you are stateless, you DO NOT need a visa check. All you need to do is scan your boarding pass and that’s all. I flew Ryanair 4 times while in Europe and I had no problem whatsoever. As we know, Ryanair has some of the cheapest airfare in Europe. So don’t waste your money on a more expensive flight if you decide to fly around Europe.

I'm glad your experience was different and you had no issues. Either you were extremely lucky, or Ryanair employees have started to become lax on enforcing this rule (because yes, it's asinine). As per Ryanair's website (again I can't post links HELP!!!), all non-EU citizens must have a 'visa check' stamp at their counters or you could be denied boarding. I also know of other people with regular passports that grant them visa-free access to Schengen who've recently run into issues because of this. So I would still not advise traveling with Ryan Air within Schengen unless you have a proper Schengen visa on your RTD.

I'm glad your experience was different and you had no issues. Either you were extremely lucky, or Ryanair employees have started to become lax on enforcing this rule (because yes, it's asinine). As per Ryanair's website (again I can't post links HELP!!!), all non-EU citizens must have a 'visa check' stamp at their counters or you could be denied boarding. I also know of other people with regular passports that grant them visa-free access to Schengen who've recently run into issues because of this. So I would still not advise traveling with Ryan Air within Schengen unless you have a proper Schengen visa on your RTD.

I personally went for the so-called Visa check and I was told “it’s not necessary” and they sent me right to the gate.

Attaching a pic of the top of my boarding pass where it’s supposed to say “ visa check “ but it doesn’t. Therefore, I was let go everywhere without any problem.

Attachments

• 1CC436C8-915D-4693-9DAA-45337009557A.jpeg
    1CC436C8-915D-4693-9DAA-45337009557A.jpeg
    54.3 KB · Views: 20
I'm not saying I don't believe you. I'm glad you didn't run into any issues. Like I said, it could be a number of factors - employees getting lax about it, newer gate agents not knowing about the rule, destination country, etc. Just saying that as long as the visa check remains as the official policy on their website, people should still be mindful of that possibility if flying RyanAir. =)

I'm so confused with Spanish visa. I have RTD and asked Chicago's Spanish consulate and they said I can't travel to Spain at all and that I'd be there illegally. Then I asked consulate in LA and they said I can. Did anyone travel to Spain recently?? I have French Schengen Visa and my plan is to land in Spain, stay few days there and then continue trip in France.

I'm so confused with Spanish visa. I have RTD and asked Chicago's Spanish consulate and they said I can't travel to Spain at all and that I'd be there illegally. Then I asked consulate in LA and they said I can. Did anyone travel to Spain recently?? I have French Schengen Visa and my plan is to land in Spain, stay few days there and then continue trip in France.
People have travelled to EU 27 with RTD only, have experienced no issues. Consulate people, like other govt bureacrats, will give an answer to any question, even if they don't know what they are talking about. I'm glad you verified with another consulate. The person you spoke to in chicago doesn't know what he/she is talking about. I bet if you call in another day....a different person might actually give you a correct answer. Anyway, RTD holders are free to roam the EU 27, theoretically. You might have to go to France or Germany first, that is what the guys have been doing.

If you have a French Schengen visa, you are golden. You can enter Spain without any problems as others on this forum will attest. Even consulates can be difficult. I've attached Timatic information for a sample flight to and from Madrid with an RTD and French Schengen visa and it says you are free to travel.

Attachments

• TravelDoc - Passenger Check.pdf
    70.5 KB · Views: 16
Hello all, I just want to share my experience with you guys.
So I granted asylum on August 2017th and applied for GC on July 2018 but I haven't get any GC yet. However I flew to Europe 3X within the last 2 years with RTD ONLY and had no bad experience with airline so far.
I just got back from Europe 3 weeks ago, I flew to Frankfurt with Lufthansa and very smooth check in and boarding. From Lufthansa - Brussels with train. Then flew to Hamburg and spent 5 days. From Hamburg I flew to Milan via Paris (this is where it got tricky), in Paris I had to go through Passport control even with connection flight, I got so nervous and thought they would not let me board my connection flight to Italy since I had no Visa. The passport guy took my RTD and checked the stamp, etc and he looked at me and gave me my RTD back, I was relieved I don't know why I had to go through Passport control in Paris, now i have to think twice to fly to Paris, maybe train is better.
So From Milan I flew to Amsterdam with EasyJet, it was smooth check in but boy... the line was so long it's like a whole town was trying to check in the flight, too long but no problem with my RTD.
My friends and I also drove to Lugano, Switzerland from Como, Italy, it went smoothly, the border patrol didn't stoop us, they just looked at us and let us go.
I'm planning to go back to Italy next month in August, and go to Spain with RTD only. I will let you guys knows..

Question about Romanian Visa.

I'm planning to go to Romania for wedding and going to apply for Romanian Visa with RTD only, but the website asked me to upload my "Criminal Records", does anyone aware with criminal records is and look like? Thank you

Hello all, I just want to share my experience with you guys.
So I granted asylum on August 2017th and applied for GC on July 2018 but I haven't get any GC yet. However I flew to Europe 3X within the last 2 years with RTD ONLY and had no bad experience with airline so far.
I just got back from Europe 3 weeks ago, I flew to Frankfurt with Lufthansa and very smooth check in and boarding. From Lufthansa - Brussels with train. Then flew to Hamburg and spent 5 days. From Hamburg I flew to Milan via Paris (this is where it got tricky), in Paris I had to go through Passport control even with connection flight, I got so nervous and thought they would not let me board my connection flight to Italy since I had no Visa. The passport guy took my RTD and checked the stamp, etc and he looked at me and gave me my RTD back, I was relieved I don't know why I had to go through Passport control in Paris, now i have to think twice to fly to Paris, maybe train is better.
So From Milan I flew to Amsterdam with EasyJet, it was smooth check in but boy... the line was so long it's like a whole town was trying to check in the flight, too long but no problem with my RTD.
My friends and I also drove to Lugano, Switzerland from Como, Italy, it went smoothly, the border patrol didn't stoop us, they just looked at us and let us go.
I'm planning to go back to Italy next month in August, and go to Spain with RTD only. I will let you guys knows..
Thanks for the report @Luna Maya really helps some of us planning EU trips.