VISA Information for Countries

Third visit to New Zealand a success. Like was said before, you need an RTD/National Passport + Visa in order to visit New Zealand. Flew Air New Zealand, less than a minute to clear passport control. Readying for my trip back home to USA. I will file my report of my experience getting back in. Happy Holidays to everyone!

I have only RTD i went to India and come back no problem.India visa is easy but little bit expensive $160 and they do not care when you want to go to India they will issue your visa start from the day you apply and give only one month. I applied in September and I put the date I want to go in November so it took 5 days to get visa by mail. But when I checked visa they gave me only 30days from the day I summited application. I went back to ask them what happened? I did not want to go in September they told me if I want to go in November I have to apply a visa again.
November i went to Netherland. I had aproblem at the airport the immigration in nertherland did not know what the RTD is and asked me a visa. I told them I do not need visa. They took me to immigration room. And wait around 10 minutes they came back and bought me to the other room and stamped on my RTD and told me “you were right you dont need visa” i said thank you. Spent a few nights in Amsterdam came back in the US no problem but any time you have to go to immigration room.
After two week I went to Korea with visa. No problem with Korea visa. When i came in the US i had to change the airplane in Amsterdam I have 9 hours layover in Amsterdam so I went out the airport to have lunch in Amsterdam central. The immigration asked me how long I want to stay in Amsterdam I told him only 9 hours so he stamped on my RTD no problem this time.
Came back in The US . I was asked by immigration officer where did i go ? i told them Korea and Netherland he asked me is that you country ? I siad No. again they took me to immigration room and wait to get stamped.

Only 3 months i traveled a lot after 4 years I couldn’t go outside the country.
Btw Grogia( country) you dont need visa to go to Grogia for RTD
I have not gone yet but I checked with their website you dont need a visa.

I have only RTD i went to India and come back no problem.India visa is easy but little bit expensive $160 and they do not care when you want to go to India they will issue your visa start from the day you apply and give only one month. I applied in September and I put the date I want to go in November so it took 5 days to get visa by mail. But when I checked visa they gave me only 30days from the day I summited application. I went back to ask them what happened? I did not want to go in September they told me if I want to go in November I have to apply a visa again.
November i went to Netherland. I had aproblem at the airport the immigration in nertherland did not know what the RTD is and asked me a visa. I told them I do not need visa. They took me to immigration room. And wait around 10 minutes they came back and bought me to the other room and stamped on my RTD and told me “you were right you dont need visa” i said thank you. Spent a few nights in Amsterdam came back in the US no problem but any time you have to go to immigration room.
After two week I went to Korea with visa. No problem with Korea visa. When i came in the US i had to change the airplane in Amsterdam I have 9 hours layover in Amsterdam so I went out the airport to have lunch in Amsterdam central. The immigration asked me how long I want to stay in Amsterdam I told him only 9 hours so he stamped on my RTD no problem this time.
Came back in The US . I was asked by immigration officer where did i go ? i told them Korea and Netherland he asked me is that you country ? I siad No. again they took me to immigration room and wait to get stamped.

Great report thank you I have a question when you flew to Amsterdam for the first time from the states on which airlines?

Great report thank you I have a question when you flew to Amsterdam for the first time from the states on which airlines?
Norwaygian from JFk to Amsterdam very cheap you can get around 380 for round trip because many airlines you have to stop in other countries in Europe that you must have a visa so only a few airlines from JFK to Amsterdam have a direct flight

Norwaygian from JFk to Amsterdam very cheap you can get around 380 for round trip because many airlines you have to stop in other countries in Europe that you must have a visa so only a few airlines from JFK to Amsterdam have a direct flight
I can’t believe that norwegian did let you board the flight because they denied boarding me flying from jfk to Amsterdam with my rtd back in july they had no clue about RTD

I can’t believe that norwegian did let you board the flight because they denied boarding me flying from jfk to Amsterdam with my rtd back in july they had no clue about RTD
Omg did they ask supervisors?
I have a problem as well when I checked it. But only 5minuts he went to ask a supervisor and came back gave me a broading pass.

Omg did they ask supervisors?
I have a problem as well when I checked it. But only 5minuts he went to ask a supervisor and came back gave me a broading pass.
They did , they even called Amsterdam airport to ask passport control about it and the guy who answered in Amsterdam didn’t know anything about it i even called the Dutch embassy on the phone and asked the lady from the embassy to talk to the airlines staff and it didn’t help at all

Thank you a lot for your report. This will help a lot of people.

Hi Everyone, this is my first post here and i am not sure is it a right place to ask this question ,anyways..

I got my asylum approved recently in 2018 and IJ gave me a letter shows asylum granted but i want to know is there something else coming in mail too after that or not

second, What docs i need to attach to apply for Refugee travel document except i-131 form.
Will wait for kind answers
thanks

1. The will send the EAD.
2. You need two passport pictures, IG letter copy, etc. Please check the i-131 instructions.

Congrats and good luck!

Mexico!

I don't know if an update was made somewhere in there. Unlike in 2006 when a visa was required to visit Mexico, things changed in 2016! If you hold a GC, no visa is required to visit Mexico! So, pack your bags and visit Mexico. I was searching for the information because I have to travel to Mexico for business on a GC+RTD. The information is here: consulmex.sre.gob.mx/sanfrancisco/index.php/visas-traveling-to-mexico
Just came from PVR. I gave the Mexican immigration officer RTD expecting the word ’Permanent Resident’ on RTD was enough to get a stamp. They actually need The RTD+GC if your country is not from a visa exempt list. Coming back I used the APC kiosk I only handed the receipt to CBP officer.

trip report with RTD + GC :
I just arrived from Europe after spending 12 days in the Schengen area I left to Brussels on January 10th flew with delta getting my boarding pass was a bit of a problem even though I flew with delta to Europe couple of times before without an issue getting my boarding pass , the check in agent said I needed a visa I asked him to speak to a supervisor about it and the supervisor cleared it said I don't need a visa also boarding wasn't a problem after arriving in Brussels the passport control officer she wasn't sure if I needed a visa as well but she asked and it was clear that no visa is needed but she was very nice and not rude at all from Brussels I flew to Athens and it was easy no issues at all I spent 4 days in Athens and then from Athens I flew to Munich before boarding at Athens airport a security agent asked to see my passport I showed him the RTD then he asked can you travel across Europe with this document I said yes then he asked to see my Green card I showed it to him then he said alright thank you then when it's time to board the flight there was 2 customs officers waiting by the gate to make sure that everybody got the required documents to travel when it was my turn to board they looked at the RTD and they were asking each other about it then they asked me when I entered and when I am flying back to the US then they said I am good to go after arriving in Munich right on the gate 4 German customs officers were waiting checking passports for everybody and I was asked how long I am staying in Germany and the reason for the visit that's all.
I stayed in Germany for 4 days then flew to Madrid and yesterday I left Madrid back home to New York when it was the time to get the exit stamp in Madrid I got stamped without questions and arrived at JFK the automated passport control gave me a receipt without an X I showed the officer RTD and GC I was asked where I came from and how long I stayed and the reason for the trip and was stamped that's all hopefully the info is useful for everybody overall the trip was pretty good with no major issues .

I guess you could have been detained in Athens if any of the officers had been inclined to check? Or, are you allowed in Greece without a visa?

I guess you could have been detained in Athens if any of the officers had been inclined to check? Or, are you allowed in Greece without a visa?
Without a visa , I have been through the same situation twice on two different trips to Greece and had no issues they just wanna make sure that I entered the schengen zone legally , after 5 trips to Europe with a RTD I am not worried anymore of traveling freely in the schengen zone with the RTD

Third visit to New Zealand a success. Like was said before, you need an RTD/National Passport + Visa in order to visit New Zealand. Flew Air New Zealand, less than a minute to clear passport control. Readying for my trip back home to USA. I will file my report of my experience getting back in. Happy Holidays to everyone!

After 56 days in New Zealand, back to the US. Came through the LAX entry today. The CBP officer, she sent me to secondary for no reason. I was stuck in secondary for almost two hours. They gave me back my GC + RTD after two hours, NO questions asked! Missed my connecting flight because of the strange referral to secondary.

Otherwise, a great vacation. Glad to be back finally.

After 56 days in New Zealand, back to the US. Came through the LAX entry today. The CBP officer, she sent me to secondary for no reason. I was stuck in secondary for almost two hours. They gave me back my GC + RTD after two hours, NO questions asked! Missed my connecting flight because of the strange referral to secondary.

Otherwise, a great vacation. Glad to be back finally.
Welcome back , that’s strange about referring you to secondary inspection did you get an X on the receipt from the automated passport control?

Yes. There was an X.[/QUOTE

Many lawyers agree that you can travel abroad within the period of the validity of your travel document. However, It is recommended that you not remain abroad for longer than 6 consecutive months.

USCBP says

The “X” can mean many different things: random inspection; you have items to declare; you have duty to pay; you have agriculture products that need to be examined; your membership may need review; your fingerprints may not have matched, the system may have trouble completing the transaction; you may have timed out on one of the screens, or other issues.