VISA Information for Countries

Probably 90 days. I've never been to Germany visa-free, but that's what I'm assuming. Anyone care to chime in?

You don't always go through secondary inspection. It depends on what the IO sees. I've never been to secondary, and I entered with RTDs and RPs.

What about England? How long does the process normally take? I plan to fly into Amsterdam or Germany from India ( will use my NP for India, it's not my COP ) while I plan on using my RTD for my visit to Germany..

I guess using your RTD for the Netherlands and Germany would work. Apply for a British visa on that, then, because I doubt countries like seeing someone using an NP and RTD at the same time.

Thailand visa with GC + RTD (No NP)

please help me.
do i need to apply visa to go to Thailand with GC + RTD?
i DO NOT have National Passport.

PLEASE HELP ME ASAP as I need to leave in about 2-3 weeks time. I called Thai Embassy but the lady just keeps on transferring the call to Visa section and no one picks up the calls.

Has anyone gone to Puerto Rico or US Virgin Islands? I get the impression that you don't need any immigration documents, just driver's license like any US air travel. Can anyone confirm that?

Thanks!

Puerto Rico is a domestic destination. However, people claim that immigration status is sometimes checked, so have proof of that just in case.

so does Canada issues a visa on RTD if you don't have a green card yet?

Cafe, I plan to fly into Germany ( I have a RTD and a GC ) soon. Will I need to get any additional doc or will those two just suffice? Also, should I get a visa to the UK prior to my departure to Germany or can I get it while in Germany?

You will need to get a UK visa from here since it's your country of residence.

As for Germany, I have never traveled there directly, but friends of mine have and they say the Germans know what an RTD is, so you should have no problem. You can try to ask the German consulate/embassy for a letter saying you need no visa, or print the page from their website that says you don't: http://www.germany.info/Vertretung/usa/en/04__Legal/03__FAQ/Visa/__FAQ__Visa.html

Have a fun trip.

Ms Chang

just my experience,..

in 2009 I traveled to Europe (Germany and Spain) no GC, no visa. I also traveled from Spain to the UK, I applied for my UK visa in Madrid, Spain took 48 hrs for processing.

if you don't have time to apply here in the us, you can apply in Germany.

Thanks a lot Scully and Cafe. I'm already outside the US and I plan to travel to Germany in two months time. As such, I really haven't thought of applying for a UK visa prior to my departure. I shall apply for it once I'm in Germany. If they grant me the visa then I'll travel, if not then I'll just be happy with my travel to Germany.

folks, what documents do we need to provide in order to get a visa for UK or even a Schengen one for that matter? Surely, it won't be as troubling as getting a F-1 visa for the states ( like showing bank statements, family verification etc )?

Also, Cafe, could you be kind enough to tell me what European countries I could visit with my GC plus RTD? Seems like Switzerland requires a visa these days..what about Holland?