• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Visa Bulletin: September 2013 (Coming Soon)

Your number is current in October, so you should expect your 2nd NL in the next 3-10 days. Keep checking www.dvlottery.state.gov/. They upload your 2nd NL there, from where you can make a print-out of it. The 2nd NL has details about the date/time, and location of you interview. So, best of luck!!!

gabam - perhapsyou should edit the quote also...

Not sure if it really matters, but just to be safe...

Does anyone know how interviews are scheduled when the visa bulletin becomes current? Given that there are still a lot of people who have not scheduled interviews by the time the bulletin is current. if the case number is no longer relevant at that point, what criteria is used to schedule DV interviews?

Does anyone know how interviews are scheduled when the visa bulletin becomes current? Given that there are still a lot of people who have not scheduled interviews by the time the bulletin is current. if the case number is no longer relevant at that point, what criteria is used to schedule DV interviews?
The scheduling of interviews also depends whether KCC have received your forums or not. If they don't have your forms, then surely you will miss the month despite the fact that your number is current for that month.

I believe they would simply schedule the submitted forms, processing in (roughly) case number order

The scheduling of interviews also depends whether KCC have received your forums or not. If they don't have your forms, then surely you will the month despite the fact that your number is current for that month.

I understand that. But assume that the forms are all received. How do they schedule interviews? Can't be based on case number because it is "current." How else they do it?

January 2014 would be the worst case. If the best case happens in your case, who knows you could even have your interview in November. If Asia jump with 800 in November, then you are in. But I personally think that Asia will increase by 300-500 in November.

as u say i can get my second letter in the month of october...

I understand that. But assume that the forms are all received. How do they schedule interviews? Can't be based on case number because it is "current." How else they do it?

Then, I think it would be on some kind of "First Come First Get" basis. I think they also involve the concerned embassy so that a consular is available at a certain date and certain time. Just my opinion.

If it is based on case number, what is the point of the bulletin being "current?"

Well also being current a helps people doing aos because they can start their process. As Gabam has said I am sure appointment availability at various consulates plays into it too - that is why I said "roughly".

shit....I'm 100 away!!I' m AF76**
so I now have to wait for November cut off!!!!GRRRR...lool

Man

This is s...k. I was hoping that they will take until 9000 for africa. But we should not complain. It will be next month for ure.

Cheers

Presumably all numbers being current means they are only expecting a certain number remaining to take up interviews. I don't quite understand your question - I agree with britsimon that it will probably still be in order of case number, just like for example in any other month where say 8000 (or whatever number) new numbers become current. Your case number in both cases is still relevant in terms of determining when in the month you get interviewed.

The scheduling of interviews also depends whether KCC have received your forums or not. If they don't have your forms, then surely you will miss the month despite the fact that your number is current for that month.

You won't get a interview letter without submitting the forms, but if you submit them in a later month you will still be "current" (remember the nunber is a cut-off and all numbers below that are eligible for interview) and be scheduled an interview when one is available after your forms have been processed.

I believe they would simply schedule the submitted forms, processing in (roughly) case number order

As indicated above - probably this.

Interesting, Europe start with 17% but Asia only start with 7%. And Africa almost the same as Asia.

The number of winning entries per region

AS - 23270
AF - 61949
EU - 46548
SA - 4620
OC - 4180
NA - 23

Last edited by a moderator:
I might have entered some digits wrong :)
It is way too many winners, isn't it raevksy?
Exactly. I though the "paper" amount of winners would be the same, and only the number of open winners would increase (it is not published). What makes me doubt that published amount of winners is without family.
The number of winners increased:
AF 31% (except gang of four that has been artificially slowed down)
AS 45%
EU 65% (except gang of 2 that has been artificially stopped)
NA 44%
OC 92%
SA 109%

But I still need to explain what is happening with Albania, Eritrea, Greece, Qatar, Macedonia, Malaysia and Singapore.