• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Visa Bulletin: September 2013 (Coming Soon)

did u get ur immigrant visa yet gabam? lol
Why administrative processing is taking so long? Did u have problem with your documents?

I think all areas will become current on July/August. My number is AS000100XX btw. My interview will be on February, March, April

Highest asian number as I know is 24k. Confirmed by my friend.

I think numbers will start at 5000-8000 and reach 20k by June.

Sometimes I get psychic feeling.

did u get ur immigrant visa yet gabam? lol
Why administrative processing is taking so long? Did u have problem with your documents?

I think all areas will become current on July/August. My number is AS000100XX btw. My interview will be on February, March, April
This year's Asian cut-off numbers would be almost be just like Last year's. DV-2012 was just an exception, and things have started to become normal since then. I think, seeing your case number, you will have your interview somewhere in June or July. I really can't think your case number getting interview before June at best case. Look at my case number 43**, and I had my interview in March, so you can get an idea from that.

Highest asian number as I know is 24k. Confirmed by my friend.

I think numbers will start at 5000-8000 and reach 20k by June.

Sometimes I get psychic feeling.
Keep daydreaming bro, I also had a lot of daydreaming about cut-off numbers as well, but I was disappointed at the end. And don't believe hears say, I also got news from here and there about high Asian case numbers, but we saw what happened, Asia was moving like a snail, imagine in one month Asia moved just by 300, so disappointing. So don't expect much, just focus on other things in your life, everything will be fine.Don't

2012 very unique year. Also there were some problems with asian numbers if u noticed.

2014 DV will look like 2007 DV.

Numbers were hacked for last years DV. They did a lot to recover and that's why it was so slow.

Highest asian number for DV2013 was 10-11k. 4-5 is almost middle that's why you had an interview on March
Highest number for this year is 24k as I know but 28k was reported also. So middle is around 10-14k. They'll have interview on February-March-April
Heads up ma man. Dont get your hopes. You'll get your immigrant visa soon.
And dont get hopes of DV2014 winners. This year will be different. Trust me people

Hi gabam! I respect your opinions and analysis. My case number is EU40XXX (DV2014) and I'm very worried about this high case number ! Do you think that I have a chance to interview?

The upcoming bulletin will answer all your questions, it will give you an idea of what pattern the cut-off numbers would follow. Personally, I think it will be a Xerox copy of DV-2013.

No theories, no hypotheses, no calculations work as far as cut-off numbers are concerned. This is what my experience tells me. I also had so many theories and calculations in mind, but all of them failed miserably at the end. Now I feel so stupid that I wasted so much time in that process. My suggestion for you would be to just relaxe, and don't waste your time making assumptions and calculations, nothing is going to work. Focus on your daily activities, and only check the visa bulletin on 15th of each month, and that's it, don't think about DV all the time, believe me it will make your life miserable. And one more thing, BE PATIENT!!!!!!!!!! DV is all about PATIENCE!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
No theories, no hypotheses, no calculations work as far as cut-off numbers are concerned. This is what my experience tells me. I also had so many theories and calculations in mind, but all of them failed miserably at the end. Now I feel so stupid that I wasted so much time in that process. My suggestion for you would be to just relaxe, and don't waste your time making assumptions and calculations, nothing is going to work. Focus on your daily activities, and only check the visa bulletin on 15th of each month, and that's it, don't think about DV all the time, believe me it will make your life miserable. And one more thing, BE PATIENT!!!!!!!!!! DV is all about PATIENCE!!!!

Gabam

Well said....

Regards

Yes, every years are different. Even with Bangladesh is in from 2007 to 2012. Because each year the same case # are not rank the same. So, I believe everyone can hope or wish what the cut off will be for the coming months. As Gabam is predicting the same as dv2013 and some of us predicting it will have a bigger starting numbers. Most of us in this forum have gone thru the pain of waiting or are going to face the painful waiting time. All of us are hoping we going to get our visa eventually but in this painful waiting time, I think some of us might hope for something and it has a forum like this to let them voice it out, it is a good way to release some stress. When you have this painful waiting time, you just want to share with people that going thru the same stress as you do. Other than helping people when they face a problem, allowing people to share their hope and dream is also very helpful.

I know some of the forumers have gone thru this process and some have been in this forum for many many years. Therefore those forumers prediction carry a lot of weight and when those prediction do not go our way we start to feel worry. And those forumers are not to spoil our hope, they just try to give their opinion to help each others but no one can predict the outcome, not even KCC themselves. Just put this in mind, DV14 increase 20% selectees is not to give false hope of more than 50% of the winners. If DV14 is the same as DV13 this will be the case. I am not saying all regions will be current by end Sept 14, it might still have possibilities of having the same pattern as DV13 but it will be slim because they already done this for so many years and they know why they cannot fulfilled the quota and they are doing what they think is necessary to fill up the quota in DV14.

As of now, based on the data shared by Raevsky which he compiled it from CEAC, it has less than 50k winners get interview and that includes family members. Even we include additional 10k or even 20k winners get interview (include family members) for AOS, Europe from June to Sept and those consulate post not in CEAC web site and others region for the remaining 2 months interview. It is still below 70k (include family members). 70k interview scheduled and not all get their visa. Some do not proceed, some refused, some still in AP, so I would think DV13 again not going to fulfill its quota. So, DV14 changes is what they think they have to do to fulfill the quota.

What I have just mentioned is also my own opinion with bias toward all DV winners will have a chance for interview because I am a DV14 winner. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
As of now, based on the data shared by Raevsky which he compiled it from CEAC, it has less than 50k winners get interview and that includes family members. Even we include additional 10k or even 20k winners get interview (include family members) for AOS, Europe from June to Sept and those consulate post not in CEAC web site and others region for the remaining 2 months interview. It is still below 70k (include family members). 70k interview scheduled and not all get their visa. Some do not proceed, some refused, some still in AP, so I would think DV13 again not going to fulfill its quota. So, DV14 changes is what they think they have to do to fulfill the quota.

Based on Raevsky's spreadsheet, already 52,315 visa numbers are issued, ready, pending, or in administrative processing. That does not include the 5,905 refused or transferred visa numbers. Also, AOS statistics are not included at all (I'm guessing).

How do say that the annual quota will not be used? Isn't there a total of 50,000 visa numbers available?

I think you are mixing it up with the case numbers that go as high as 100K+. They are different things.