Virginia SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final PERM Rule Available Now

Immigration Daily has learned that the Employment and Training Adminstration of the Department of Labor will publish the final PERM rule on December 27, 2004. For an advance copy of the PERM rule, see here.

ILW.COM is proud to present THE PERM BOOK - "Labor Certification by Joel Stewart". More info will shortly be posted here. Prepublication copies can be ordered here.

We welcome readers to share their opinion and ideas with us by writing to editor@ilw.com.

SOURCE:
http://www.ilw.com/lawyers/immigdaily/news/2004,1227-comment.shtm

Just talked to SESA VA

Robert Chapman told me that
RIR: October 3rd
Non-RIR: Those cases have been moved to the backlog center in Philadelphia. And RIR will be moved there by the end of december
Anyone knows what this means? :confused:

Clarification Please....

Hello Friends:
I would appreciate if someone would take some time to answer this for me:
I filed for my State Labor in Jan 2004. Now once my labor gets approved, what would be the next step for me? I know i cannt file 485 but can i file 140? When would my wife be able to get the work permit? Is work permit the same as 140?

Thanks for ur help in advance.

vsethi,

Once your Labor is approved you can go ahead and file 140 (but not 485 because of retrogession for EB3 and citizenship is from India, mainland China, or the Philippines). You have to wait until your priority date reach in order to file your/your wife's 485. Both will get the work permit (EAD) when you file 485 and work permit is not same as 140 approval.

sselva69 said:
vsethi,

Once your Labor is approved you can go ahead and file 140 (but not 485 because of retrogession for EB3 and citizenship is from India, mainland China, or the Philippines). You have to wait until your priority date reach in order to file your/your wife's 485. Both will get the work permit (EAD) when you file 485 and work permit is not same as 140 approval.
Thanks for the reply. How long do u think it will take for 485 to reach the PD of jan 2004?
Any guesses?

sselva69 said:
vsethi,

I would like to correct an error in your posting....

Once your Labor is approved you can go ahead and file 140 (but not 485 because of retrogession for EB3 and country of birth is India, mainland China, or the Philippines). You have to wait until your priority date reach in order to file your/your wife's 485. Both will get the work permit (EAD) when you file 485 and work permit is not same as 140 approval.[/

mvinays said:
I would like to correct an error in your posting....

Once your Labor is approved you can go ahead and file 140 (but not 485 because of retrogession for EB3 and country of birth is India, mainland China, or the Philippines). You have to wait until your priority date reach in order to file your/your wife's 485. Both will get the work permit (EAD) when you file 485 and work permit is not same as 140 approval.[/

Thanks for the correction Vinay.

Just talked to SESA VA

They are not working in any more cases
All the cases have been moved to the backlog Reduction Center in Philadelphia :confused:

Update

Guys,
I just talked to a lady @ Nine mile office and she informed me that they have stopped processing the applications and applications have not been transfered! They are waiting for some directions and would act @ that time!!!

That means neither the applications @ Virginia SWA are getting processed nor getting transfered to the BEC queues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess that are going to waste more time in transition/transfer process!

By the way, she strictly told me not to call the office again because I am neither employer nor attorney and they are not supposed to give out the information to employee :(

Thanks,
Stewart Rogers

vsethi said:
Thanks for the reply. How long do u think it will take for 485 to reach the PD of jan 2004?
Any guesses?

I am also waiting for answer to same?

Also if my PD is April 2004 , will it be fine to convert labor to PERM?

Replies and efforts are appreciated.......
Regards to all

CarolVA said:
They are not working in any more cases
All the cases have been moved to the backlog Reduction Center in Philadelphia :confused:

Its a bummer, mine was Oct 10th, 2003. I guess i missed it by 5 days. Sucks.

Navin

Bidu said:
I am also waiting for answer to same?

Also if my PD is April 2004 , will it be fine to convert labor to PERM?

Replies and efforts are appreciated.......
Regards to all
It seems like using PERM would be of no use to us because even after u get the labor approval, u still have to wait till 485 becomes current. I might be wrong or missing something. Any thoughts anyone?

My company called the nine mile office to check on my case. They said its been shipped to philadelphia center last week :(

Sachin_Stock said:
my PD is Jan 2004 and i dont know if my case would go to BEC or NPC. Any clue guys?
:confused: :mad:

Folks,

Please post if anyone's case has been transferred from VA SWA to BEC/NPC and they got 45 day letter. From other SWA forums (SF/Dallas) it seems that even mid 2003 and later cases might have been transferred already. Please share...

Thanks.

Update on processing

Guys,
I spoke a lady @ Nine Mile office a week ago and she told me that all cases with priority date of sep 2003 and earlier have been transfered to Philly. Other cases are still @ the office and would be transfered after they receive some instructions from Philly.

Thanks,
Stewart Rogers

Status
Not open for further replies.