Virginia SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suggestion - Gurus pls help

Hi all,
I am a quiet observer of this group and would like to thank all of you guys for your suggestions, guidance, update and "knowledge" sharing. appreciate it.

I was wondering if you guys could give me some suggestion. My case is same as that of other people whose green cards have been filed from VA. My labor application was filed last year and ofcourse with the current pace it would take 7-8 more months for my state labor to clear. After that, federal labor will take more than a year in Philly!!! then comes I-140 and I-145 (distant dreams) ........ To be very optimistic, it might take good 2 more years for the labor to get clear and another 1.5 year for I-140 and I-485 to clear !!!!!!

Because of that I am thinking about looking for a new job in some other state such as NH, Iowa, NC, etc b/c green card processing is faster in those states.

Now my questions are:

(1) How much time do you think it would take VA SESA to clear my state labor which was filed in late 2003?

(2) Looks like federal labor processing has stopped @ July 2003 for the last year or so. Is it really the case or are they processing applications but not updating the date in their systems or what?

(3) What if VA SESA sends my application to Philly in next six months. Is there a possiblity of federal labor to get approved in next year after that?

(4) Does changing job make any sense? I asked this b/c somebody told me that from Jan 1 2005, all applications will be processed by common processing centers, hence there would not be any difference in processing times of different states! If that is the case then changing job does not make sense, right?

Honestly, I am as confused as one can be. I don't want to leave my current company but if green card is going to take 4ever then I would have to; on the other hand, if I change my job and Jan 1 2005 law becomes effective then changing job would not be helpful!

Please advice as to what should I do and what options do I have available. I know most of the people are in the same boat as I am, and share the same issues that I have been facing! Pls help one of your kind (atleast we are the same kind when it comes to GC processing from VA ;) )

Thanks,
Stewart

Stewart,

I think it might be wise to wait & see what those new immigration rules are all about & how they affect labor certification as a whole before moving.
If they centralize the whole process at a few locations, moving to another state may not do you much good.

Also they have backlog reduction centers open. They haven't really done anything since they have been open (but that's a diff story). You could wait & watch to see if they do anything positive.

-R

Thanks for the quick response ravishankar, appreciate it. manivas and other gurus could you pls also throw some light on that? i would really appreciate if u guys cud answer my questions as listed in my previous post.

Seriously this f****** immigration stuff is getting on my nerves and I might just go back to my country!

pls help.

Stewart

Stewart__Rogers said:
Thanks for the quick response ravishankar, appreciate it. manivas and other gurus could you pls also throw some light on that? i would really appreciate if u guys cud answer my questions as listed in my previous post.

Seriously this f****** immigration stuff is getting on my nerves and I might just go back to my country!

pls help.

Stewart
If i were you and if you like your company and you think they are financially stable, you shud goahead and apply for your GC without wasting anytime. Timing is the key....

And abt going to diff state - Until the company has proper offices in the specified state(which is very rare, i wont do it. Philly is already after all the Sham offices. Sham offices include even the 1man/1romm companies.

LC applied and Work Location changed (but still with same company)

My LC was applied in Dec. 2003 from Virginia. I live and work in Virginia. My LC's has not cleared Virginia SESA yet, but I would like to change my group (BUT still work for the same company). This new group works from Maryland. So I will work from Maryland but continue to live in Virginia. Does that affect my LC application? Will I get into trouble if for some reason Virginia SESA or Philly DOL needs some documentation and then they find out that my work location has changed? If yes, how can I avoid the implications?

BTW, my company has numerous offices in Virginia as well as Maryland; its headquarters are in CA.

Cheers,
V99

labor processing VA/BEC

Friends,
I didn't quite understand how BEC will process the cases. My labor was filed in VA DOL in Dec 2003. With the current pace I don't think my case will be processed by Dec 2004. What will happen to cases that are not opened by Dec 2004.

valabor said:
Friends,
I didn't quite understand how BEC will process the cases. My labor was filed in VA DOL in Dec 2003. With the current pace I don't think my case will be processed by Dec 2004. What will happen to cases that are not opened by Dec 2004.
I think it should go to NPC...? I am myself confused...so many locations right now, BEC, BRC, but its gonna go there since we are possibly not under backlog. there should be cutout time for defining backlog. I am also i same boat...i filed in jan 2004 and i think its gonna to NPC. so we shall see what the hell happens.

This week there shall be no updates posted, since nobody is in Nine-Miles office to attend (Thanksgiving i guess). Hence the next updates shall be posted next friday.

Sorry.

-Sach

Sachin:

I looked at the dates that were posted last week. August 29th is a Sunday and I don't expect any cases were filed or dated for that day.

Bobby_2001 said:
Sachin:

I looked at the dates that were posted last week. August 29th is a Sunday and I don't expect any cases were filed or dated for that day.

Ok Bobby,
Here is the thing. August 29, is being reffered as the priority date. Now if it happens to be sunday, it does not mean someone filed it on sunday. It implies they recieved it on sunday or whatever it may be. I dont know what the criteria is. Regardless whatever it is, those dates are given to me on the phone, i just pass it on the forum. Thats all I got to say.

-Sachin

Bobby_2001 said:
Sachin:

Top that, August 29, 2003 happens to be Friday. You were looking at wrong year my friend. I wish it was Aug 29, 2004.

Updates

I am taking vacation for next three weeks starting next week. Hence someone needs to take up the task to call VEC every friday. Volunteers needed please.

-Sachin

Sachin_Stock said:
I am taking vacation for next three weeks starting next week. Hence someone needs to take up the task to call VEC every friday. Volunteers needed please.

-Sachin
I will call, if you are going on vacation

Visa Bulletin
Number 77
Volume VIII
Washington, D.C.

IMMIGRANT NUMBERS FOR JANUARY 2005
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi_bulletincurrent.html

The Department of State has available a recorded message with immigrant visa availability information which can be heard at: (202) 663-1541. This recording will be updated in the middle of each month with information on cut-off dates for the following month.

Immigrant Numbers For January 2005

Can someone please explain what exactly this means?
Already screwed up with Labor, now what is this?

Visa Bulletin
Number 77
Volume VIII
Washington, D.C.

IMMIGRANT NUMBERS FOR JANUARY 2005
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi_bulletincurrent.html

The Department of State has available a recorded message with immigrant visa availability information which can be heard at: (202) 663-1541. This recording will be updated in the middle of each month with information on cut-off dates for the following month

This means EB3 folks from India, China and Filipines are screwed bigtime. Unfortunate, but true. Even if they get their Labors approved under EB3, they cannot file 140/485 concurrently until their priority date becomes current.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.