Virginia SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
New LC Times Posted - Bad News for US

They are still processing Feb 2002 after 1 month, what a stalemate this is, It is pathetic, I mean even NJ is moving faster than VA now.

I hate those Bas***ds at the SESA, taking pay for doing nothin.

Pardon my frustration and verbal outpouring, but can't help it.

Very unresponsive

My priority date is Mar 1, 2002. I called 804-236-2717 to find out the status of my case. The guy said I should call after 1 month because there are a number of cases on March 1, 2002. I hope he is just sounding pessimistic.

Can we do something about it?

Looks like the processing is slower than snail. Is there anything we can do to voice our concern and push for faster processing? I signed a petition on immigration.com calling for eliminating the labor backlog. But I don't know where that petition was sent to and how much it helps.

Approved Labour?

Hi Everyone,

Does any employer have an approved labour for a person having 5 years of experience in Misrosoft/Oracle technologies with Bachelors of Engg in Computer Science, who can file for 140/485?

NoLabour

Still in process

My notice date was 27 Feb and I have been checking with them for last 10 days, and still they are saying that we are processing your case.. How long it takes them to process? Any idea? Thanks

"We should all coordinate and make only one call per day to SESA or even once per week. Calling them daily may delay proceesing time."

We have practised this for the last three months and we believe we have seen much better processing times. The agents who take the phone calls and the agents who process applications are the same. So, if we take their time to answer calls that delays the application processing.

Is there any volunteer who would like to call and make the processing date updates here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All,

PLease visit following link, these people are part of Immigration, Border Security and Claims Committee. I guess we can write then an email, each one of us and we can also call them......on the same site there is format and guide line for when you writing an email and talking on the phone with the congress man.
What do you think?????? Is this something we should do it? At lest we can contact then, I know I am going to do that .
Thanks

http://capwiz.com/aila2/dbq/officia...=S&print=no&fcommittee=hjudi&committee=hjudi4

news on Mar-01-2002

I was told by my lawyer that my LC had been forwarded to Philadelphia today, July-23-2003.

My case is: EB2, RIR, Mar-01-2002.

Good luck, guys!

Cordially,
uksuro

Last edited by a moderator:
Case Approved

Hi Everyone,

My priority date is March 1, 2003. I called SWA (SESA) in the morning today and was informed by Mr. Richard Palmer that my case has been forwarded to Philly DOL on July 22, 2003. In my excitement I forgot to ask the current processing date. Sorry about that guys.

All the very best to all of you. I hope to see you all in Philly DOL forum.

PS:

Tips that I learnt during this process:

1. Call 804-236-2717 in the morning hours (just after 8:30 AM). They're in a good mood at that time. All the better, if its a friday.

2. In my case, my company has its immigration dept. in Richmond. But my work location is in Northern VA. Had I not called them on Tuesday 7/22, my case would have been considered a Richmond case and it would have taken a lot longer.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks

Apology for the confusion

Sorry about the confusion. There was a typo in my priority date. It should have been March 1, 2002.

Thanks.

eternal_labor
What do you mean by:

2. In my case, my company has its immigration dept. in Richmond. But my work location is in Northern VA. Had I not called them on Tuesday 7/22, my case would have been considered a Richmond case and it would have taken a lot longer.

Clarification

What I meant was, since the company address in my application was showing Richmond, SWA considered it to be a Richmond Labor Certification. I was told that Richmond applications are processed a little late compared to Northern VA applications. When I called them and highlighted the fact that my work location is NOVA, they realised their mistake and processed it the same day.

Processing March 3rd

I just called Richmond and the lady over there said they are looking at march 3rd RIR cases now

Status
Not open for further replies.