Virginia SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
good

Thats good to hear. I am 20 days away if that is true. I am confused . I called 236-2717 , she told me she is still working on 30th Aug. I don't know why they give different dates all the time.

Re: good

Info from both of you is correct. Dates within few days between different offices/analysts is common and possible. As some folks keep working on old bunch of applications and the other person completes that lot and takeup a new bunch of applications from the pile.

Nothing to be confused and there is just one working day between 30th and 4th.

FYI:
By the way I am a veteran from this forum(PD 05/01) and just today I checked with Philly DOL and my LC got approved. Its taking upto 3 months at Philly DOL.

Good Luck to all of you.
Sanga.

Originally posted by kapireddy
Thats good to hear. I am 20 days away if that is true. I am confused . I called 236-2717 , she told me she is still working on 30th Aug. I don't know why they give different dates all the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
question

PD is priority date and that is when you intially applied the GC right?. In Phily DOL also they go by this PD or the day that they recieve the application from the local office . I think they call it RD or ND. I am not sure. calrify me.
BTW are you doing concurrent filing now ?

Mind of the Immigrant going thru Labor in Virginia!!

Applied for labor on Sep 19th, 2001

Jan 02
*tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock*
- no progress yet

March 02
- no progress yet

May 02
Damn!! no progress yet

July 02
DOL bitches up to no good!! no progress yet

Aug 02
Maybe they got pissed off because I called them bitches!! no progress yet

Sep 02
I shouldnt call them bitches, they are our Mas'sa!! We bow before thee, DOL and INS!!! You are great!! no progress yet

Oct 02
I didnt see 'Get Ass fucked' as part of the application form!! Why me? Im just trying to make a living here. Im legal, hardworking and wish for the best interests of this country!! Then why am I subjected to this SLOW DEATH!!
How come I have to wait in the same line as the illegal immigrants? Why do I have to pay SOCIAL SECURITY in the meantime? What the Fuck?????

Nov 02
My freakin' youth is ticking away waiting for these morons to just pick up my damn application!! Fuck man, Lets pitch in $1000 each and hire some people for DOL and INS to process our applications!!! Goddamn, dont tell me that the mighty United States doesnt have the resources to fund a small department!

Update from Lawyer: Labor may be completed by February 2003!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Mind of the Immigrant going thru Labor in Virginia!!

Applied for labor on Sep 19th, 2001

Jan 02
- no progress yet

March 02
- no progress yet

May 02
Damn!! no progress yet

July 02
DOL bitches up to no good!! no progress yet

Aug 02
Maybe they got pissed off because I called them bitches!! no progress yet

Sep 02
I shouldnt call them bitches, they are our Mas'sa!! We bow before thee, DOL and INS!!! You are great!! no progress yet

Oct 02
I didnt see 'Get Ass fucked' as part of the application form!! Why me? Im just trying to make a living here. Im legal, hardworking and wish for the best interests of this country!! Then why am I subjected to this SLOW DEATH!!
How come I have to wait in the same line as the illegal immigrants? Why do I have to pay SOCIAL SECURITY in the meantime? What the Fuck?????

Nov 02
My freakin' youth is ticking away waiting for these morons to just pick up my damn application!! Fuck man, Lets pitch in $1000 each and hire some people for DOL and INS to process our applications!!! Goddamn, dont tell me that the mighty United States doesnt have the resources to fund a small department!

Update from Lawyer: Labor may be completed by February 2003!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Re: question

kapireddy,

You are right, PD (Priority Date) is the date SESA accepted your case and given you a case number. Once it is done at SESA/SWA it will be automatically forwarded to DOL. After DOL receives it they, at their own pace, will assaign another case# and a date (Recieved Regional office On:mm/dd/yy). That is your RD (Receipt Date) at DOL for one more term of waiting game. RD is your reference for the processing times at DOL.

Yes, I'll be doing concurrent filing. As I-140 processing is a mess at VSC, it is always advisable to do concurrent filing, now a days.

Good Luck,
Sanga.

PD is priority date and that is when you intially applied the GC right?. In Phily DOL also they go by this PD or the day that they recieve the application from the local office . I think they call it RD or ND. I am not sure. calrify me.
BTW are you doing concurrent filing now ?

Sep 4 2001

This is the new date that VA SESA is processing the cases for. My case with the same date and also 2 other cases from my company are transferred to the regional office today.
Thanks

congrats

Now I have one more question. Is your application is in Richmond office or Northern virginia ( I think all offices are in Richmond). But they deal diffrent locations' applications.

Re: congrats

I called the Richmond office, I have no idea where they are processing what applications ? I know that only 3 people are doing RIR applications and others are doing the NON RIRs. Richmond has the latest information thats all I can say..
Thanks
Now I have one more question. Is your application is in Richmond office or Northern virginia ( I think all offices are in Richmond). But they deal diffrent locations' applications.

Labor cert and Priority Dates

Hi all -

My Labor cert priority date (RIR) is last April from NY and things haven't moved in NY. Now I have an opportunity to join a firm in Virginia who are willing to do my GC. My question is:

Would my PD change if I move my labor to VA? Can I still keep the same priority date if I change my employer and the state where my application was initially filed from?

thanks,
crazyforgc

Will have to start GC from scratch

CrazyforGC,

You will have to start the GC from scratch, if you change the employer.

Hi All,

Wanted to report that my LC finally cleared from VA SESA. I applied for it on July 7th 2001. According to the case status at Philly DOL, my case was received there on Sep 30th. So now to the next step in the waiting process.

Hang in there guys. On the bright side, VA SESA seems to be moving much faster than others in the area, especially MD.

Thanks for your answers guys, but my question is more related to the Priority Date? I am interested in knowing if my PD will change if my employer changes and the state I am filing it from changes.

cheers
crazyforgc

crazyforgc

Yes.. PD will change if you change your employer and move to a different state. It's as if you are starting from scratch. So your new PD will be the date you apply to VA's SESA.

Good luck...

VA Backlog and Meeting with the Governor

Hi All

I am getting quite upset with all the waiting. But we can't remain quite.

Why don't we get together and talk to Governor Warner? We can ask him to set up a premium system to expedite labor certifications.

We just cannot ask to get more staff ... Virginia has a huge deficit thanks to the former Governor.

I will need to know the following:

1) How many people are stuck in the process? RIR and NON RIR
2) How many new cases are received per month?
3) Fee. If we ask for a fee system to be set up to institute an expedited process, we must know how much people will be willing to spend. Myself, I don't care, I'll pay anything! How about from $1,000 - $2,000 What will be a realistic figure?

If someone can either give me answers to 1-3, or can tell me how to get them I will sincerely appreciate it.

Then, I will develop a sort of business proposal to be presented to the Governor. If any of you want to help with the development and review of this proposal, please email me at laborcertification@yahoo.com

I have some friends in the Democratic Party and have asked them to help me set up a meeting with the Governor. If anyone is interested in attending, please let me know.

We have to present a strong and united front, otherwise they will continue to ignore us.

Looks like you just joined this gang. So let me tell what is going on here first of all your answer -

1) How many people are stuck in the process? RIR and NON RIR
RIR upto DEC 2001 - 2000
NON RIR just for April 30th around - 2000-3000

2) How many new cases are received per month?
RIR - 400-500 /month

3) Fee. If we ask for a fee system to be set up to institute an expedited process, we must know how much people will be willing to spend. Myself, I don't care, I'll pay anything! How about from $1,000 - $2,000 What will be a realistic figure?

I would love to pay that amount if they can process LC within 3-4 months.

A do agree with you that a new system will help in reducing the backlog and even they know that. Currently they are trying to implement PERM (it will take 3 months for whole GC process with this system) but we don't know when they are going use this system, becuase they keep on increasing the deadline. Now they are expecting it in July next year (intial deadline was in year 2000).

In the meantime they are also trying to improve their current processing system. The DOL testing project is expected to last four months. In coordination with a private consulting firm, DOL has set up a simulated state workforce agency (SWA) where a sampling of some 1,530 pending applications will be processed.

So looks like changing a process takes time in these governement agencies.

And asking for new one???

In the current circumtances we need to ask them to add more people to process RIR cases, becuase currently in Richmond office only 3 people are processing RIR cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.