Virginia SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the update

Good to know that they have passed the Aug 16 2001. They almost spent 3 weeks on that day. Hopefully the rest of the Augest flies...

Originally posted by va_lbr
Called Richmond office.

RIR - Aug 20th 2001

Hi Guys, I am new and i am applying for labor in the VA region. sounds things r slow down there. i wud like to hear ur status and views and also i will keep u guys posted on mine.

Hi Guys, I am new and i am applying for labor in the VA region. sounds things r slow down there. i wud like to hear ur status and views and also i will keep u guys posted on mine

Non-RIR to RIR Conversion

I am trying to convert my Non-RIR application to RIR without loosing the priority date (03/10/2002). My lawyer told me that I can go for conversion. But I read on internet that application before on August 03, 2001 are eligible for RIR conversion. I any body tried for RIR conversion. Please advice me.:confused:

H1B extension beyond 6yr

President Bush, on 11/2/02, signed into law the "21st Century Department of Justice Appropriations Authorization Act" (H.R. 2215). The new law contains immigration provisions impacting, among other things, H-1B status, J-1 physician waivers, and EB-5 entrepreneurs. A public law number has not yet been assigned.

Getting there

An officer told me that they are doing Aug 28 2001 for RIR
Can somebody call and verify because I could not believe
Thanks

great relief

I too could not believe this and just called Richmond office. The lady said they are processing 27th Aug 2001 (RIR)...:)

So I hope we will pass August by this week.

All of you who have their applications filed in Aug, please call them and update us.

Getting there
An officer told me that they are doing Aug 28 2001 for RIR
Can somebody call and verify because I could not believe
Thanks

SESA Category for Fairfax, Virginia

I noticed two categories under SESA..
1. Commonwealth of Virginia
2. West Viriginia.

My company has an office in Fairfax, Virginia and we are thinking of using it as an administrative office and process GCs from there.

which category does Fairfax, Virginia fall into?

Thanks..
sgram

Virginia & West Virginia are seperate states.

Your case goes in Virginia state, not in West Virginia state.

Update

Just Spoke to Mr. Richard at VA , they have started processing Aug 31st 2001. :) .
Hopefully take keep up with the speed.

I think that just one of should call next Friday to get the update.

Hai,
That means they are processing it very fast... With in a day 4 days.. If they keep up this pace, probably, mine might get cleared with in a month and a half....................
That could be a Christmas gift...
Cheers guys!!!!
ShSb

DOL response to ---

Question - Please provide an update on current processing of regular and RIR labor certifications. Is there any news on backlog reduction efforts?

In answer to this DOL ETA provided a print out from its web page containing processing times. Current processing times can be accessed through this web site at

http://workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp. DOL ETA stated that its biggest problem is the April 2001 dates that don't seem to be moving. Recently H-1B program money was distributed to the regions for backlog reduction purposes but movement will most likely only be seen in the larger regions. Currently there are roughly 248,000 cases sitting at the SWA's. DOL ETA also announced that it has hired a contractor to work on a pilot program to "triage" cases and find ways of adjudicating them expeditiously. Under this pilot program 1500 permanent cases have been pulled randomly from New York, New Jersey, Texas, Maryland and Virginia to be processed at a location in Gaithersburg, Maryland. If members receive such correspondence, they should not be alarmed. It is only because the case is part of this pilot experiment.

wish there was a web site that we can use to track GC LC processing too....that would also limit the # of calls and increase processing speed...

Status
Not open for further replies.