Virginia SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Update

Hi Rakadh,
Everybody at SESA works on different set of cases so may be the person you called is still doing april 13 and the other person must have finished his cases in hand and took the new lot from Aug 16. So I guess your case will be transferred by early next week. I will suggest you to check with them on Wednesday next week and let us know the result. If there is any query the person should tell you about that so I think yours is not yet been processed
Best of luck...

Originally posted by RAKADH
I have been calling the SESA everyday since early this week. Since the last 4 days they are working on Aug 13. Today, my friend called and they said that they are working on Aug 16. I called them immediately and checked about my status (My priority date: Aug 13) and they said that it is still in process and that they are working on Aug 13 and not on 16. I will be asking my manager to check with the lawyer to see if I there are any queries on my case, but is there any way for me to check with the Phily office to see if they recd. my application from the VA center? Please advise.

VA Budget Cuts?

Anyone heard if the recently announced VA budget cuts are going impact us? (by slowing down LC processing at VEC)

Looks like they are going to take more time to finish August as they again received lot of applications coz of non-rir to RIR conversion.

Augsest cases

I remember the dead line for 245i was later on shifted from Apr 30 2001 to Aug 30 2001, so more applcations in Augest. Though it is not as bad as April still it is going to take more time for them to finish Augest 2001. I am guessing they are completing one day's application in approx 2 working days. So my guess is it will be a month from now before they start processing sep 2001..
:(

Prasa,
could you please kindly tell me whether you applied thru EB2 or EB3? Or did your employer
increase your salary to meet level 2 or level 1?
Thanks a million

Originally posted by prasad kumar
My original wages are less than the minimum salary for the programmer analyst job title.
My employer increased it according to labor dept and sent it back to them.

Mine is EB3.I applied with a salary of 45k.Labor dept sent a letter that the min wage for prgrammer analyst is 57.5k/yr.My employer increased it and sent it back.They approved it.

Originally posted by jiangnan
Prasa,
could you please kindly tell me whether you applied thru EB2 or EB3? Or did your employer
increase your salary to meet level 2 or level 1?
Thanks a million

Prasa - please reply

Prasad -
I got the exact same query as you did. In this case they asked my employer to change my salary figures from 45k to 51k. And my employer and lawyer are currently working to answer this query. Could you tell me how long it took for them to clear your case?

tx!

Prasad and Rh...(sorry cannot remember your name),
Thanks so much for your input.

It is good to know that your company can increase your salary by 12K at one time. My case is with MD SESA and it is far from hearing anything from them yet.

My position is at low level, and my salary is
only a little above level II, so in my understanding I am only qualify for EB3.
However, my lawyer has the concern that with my
Master's degree the SESA would assume it is a
level I position (EB2)and would require much higher
salary (which means I will need to increase
25K to meet it). The fact is, if that is the case,
there are only two people in my dept qualify for
it - my director and my manager. Our senior is
even 9K below it. There is absolutely no way for
me to get such a high raise at one time.

Even the company and the lawyer agree to put a level I salary in my forms, I heard that more
and more people now are required to submit their
W-2 or Tax return to INS at I-485 stage to prove
their salary level.

I am wondering if any one of your heard of the similar case? I am not in IT field, and work for
a nonprofit organization. It would be hard
to get such a high salary nowadays. I believe the point is SESA should not assume it is a higher level position just based on the applicant's degrees, it should be based on the job requirements, am I correct?

Please provide your insights, thanks a lot.

Mine is EB3.I applied with a salary of 45k.Labor dept sent a letter that the min wage for prgrammer analyst is 57.5k/yr.My employer increased it and sent it back.They approved it.

Prasad and Rakadh,
Thanks a lot for your input.

It is good to know that your companies at least
agree to increase your salary by 12K at one time.

My case is with MD SESA and is far from hearing
anything from them yet. My position is at low
level with a salary a little above Level II,
which means I am only qualify for EB3. However,
my lawyer has the concern that with my Master's
degree, SESA would assume that it is a higher
level position and would require a level I salary,
which is 25k higher than my present one. It would
be ridiculous because if that was the case,
in my dept only our director and manager qualify,
the senior is still 9k below level I.

It would be impossible for the company to give me
such a skyrocking raise. Even the company and the
lawyer reach the agreement to put this number in my forms, I heard recently more people are required to submit their W-2 or tax return
for verification.

I think the only way to do is just to convince SESA that it is a low level job.

Have any one of your heard of cases like this before? Could you kindly provide any insights?
Thanks a lot again.

Green Card is for future employment. And so is the salary adjusted for the future. Remember, this is the expected pay and need not necessarily be the current one. Coming to the W2 part, I think you need to present the INS with your actual W2 which should match your H1's salary criteria.

Also, the reason why you do not personally apply for the Green Card process and instead go through an attorney is so that he/she can answer to such queries effectively. I am sure if you approach your lawyer he will be able to give you a professional advice on your case.

Originally posted by jiangnan
Prasad and Rakadh,
Thanks a lot for your input.

It is good to know that your companies at least
agree to increase your salary by 12K at one time.

My case is with MD SESA and is far from hearing
anything from them yet. My position is at low
level with a salary a little above Level II,
which means I am only qualify for EB3. However,
my lawyer has the concern that with my Master's
degree, SESA would assume that it is a higher
level position and would require a level I salary,
which is 25k higher than my present one. It would
be ridiculous because if that was the case,
in my dept only our director and manager qualify,
the senior is still 9k below level I.

It would be impossible for the company to give me
such a skyrocking raise. Even the company and the
lawyer reach the agreement to put this number in my forms, I heard recently more people are required to submit their W-2 or tax return
for verification.

I think the only way to do is just to convince SESA that it is a low level job.

Have any one of your heard of cases like this before? Could you kindly provide any insights?
Thanks a lot again.

Called Richmond office.

RIR - Aug 16th 2001
Non-RIR - April 26th 2001

He said that most of them are working on non-RIR applications and few on RIR. They received 500 applications per month on an average for Aug and Sep. To complete aug and sep, he said it may take 3-4 months

The waiting period is again becoming frustrating as the process slowed down. Is there anything that will help to speedup the process? any suggestions are welcome.

:confused:

Virginia used to have both RIR and Non-RIR processing times very close to one another. Probably they are trying to make it possible once again. Its good to bring up the speed of Non-RIR but not at the cost of RIR. The whole purpose of RIR is getting defeated. I wish they will not slow down RIR too much to catch up with Non-RIR cases. All the best for you all who are still suffering when we thought all the pain is over when they started processing May'01 RIR cases.

p.s: I am one of those guys from May'01 lot and am waiting in Philly DOL for last three months.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is frustrating. In any case, this time of the year can be described as the 'silly season', with a lot of people (esp. in the govt) taking time off for thanksgiving, christmas, etc.

Looks like we are once again stuck for more than a couple of months while VA takes it's own sweet time to do Aug/Sept.

Plus, from the next post, looks like Philly DOL, which used to process within 30 days of receipt is backing up also.

Sux!!

Originally posted by lsetty
Called Richmond office.

RIR - Aug 16th 2001
Non-RIR - April 26th 2001

He said that most of them are working on non-RIR applications and few on RIR. They received 500 applications per month on an average for Aug and Sep. To complete aug and sep, he said it may take 3-4 months

The waiting period is again becoming frustrating as the process slowed down. Is there anything that will help to speedup the process? any suggestions are welcome.

:confused:
:mad::mad:

other options?

Wow! This is a bit discouraging. :(

This makes me wonder if there is ANY other options for some of us. Specifically, I am wondering if there is any way some of us waiting for LC may actually qualify for a National Interest Waiver. This is a real long shot, but here is the reasoning for my case.

I am an engineer working for a Defense contractor in the US, but only have a TN visa right now. This causes a lot of difficulty with export laws, due to another set of very complicated laws intended to control the export of arms and technology from the US. Lately this has been causeing more than just a little grief, to the point I am wondering if it will be possible form me to work here for much longer. Once I have the Green Card, there will be no such problems.

So, has anyone ever been able to get approved on NIW when needed by a defense contractor?

Needless to say I think this is probably impossible, but I am getting desperate.

Thanks

Anybody called for the current processing date

1.Manmadh August 10, 2001 Friday -- Please post an update.
2.va_lbr 08/24/2001 -- next to call SESA
3.uvwxyz 09/04/ 2001
4.K3hcl 09/04/ 2001
5.sunkav 09/13/ 2001
6.kapireddy 09/24/2001
7.Bharadwaz 10/12/2001
8.PhillyKP 10/19/2001
9.Ishetty 10/22/2001
10.argopal 10/24/2001
11.america123 10/24/2001
12.sjd 11/08/2001
13.JSSM 12/14/2001