Virginia SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw Following Msg in California LC Forum

Posted By: gimme_my_GC 5/14/02 11:09 PM
(#256 of 261)
some cases with receipt date of 11/02/01 are certified on 5/1/02 while some RIR cases received on 11/05/01 are still pending.
The only conclusion that can be drawn is that, as of 5/1/02, the Dol was processing RIR cases.

Is this True?

Is it true

that VA SESA will start to focus on only Non-RIR cases when they finish all Arpil 01 RIR cases? Can any one tell me?
That is too bad for me, since the Non-RIR cases are too bulky, it might take them 1 more year to finish.

Update: 25people signed, Warning FRIDAY!!!!

Ajay,Deshpande,ajay101@hotmail.com
Anil, Narla, anil@computech-va.com
Bhaskar,lakshmikanthan,lakshmikanth@yahoo.com
Chen, Zhiping email: zhipingc@hotmail.com
Feng, Xing, fxing@faicorp.com
Hui, Chao, jchao79@hotmail.com
John ,Thomas johney70@yahoo.com
Kovilvenni,Ramaswamy,rama_ati@hotmail.com
Lalitha, Setty, lsetty@softsystems-inc.com
Mingmin, wu, lisamin1998@yahoo.com
Naga, Rao, sivasrao@hotmail.com
Padma, Damidi, padmach@yahoo.com
Pavel, Veriovkin, pveriovkin@hotmail.com
Praveen, D, pdodda@atsva.com
Rajesh, Chilambi, rchilambi@hotmail.com
Saravan, Ramachari, sramachari@faicorp.com
steven, zhu, hsteven29@hotmail.com
Suhaib, Khan, skhan@faicorp.com
Umapathya,Arunsundar, u_arunsundar@yahoo.com
Vijay, Kumarasamy, vijayksamy@faicorp.com
Vinod, Kandula, vkandula@hotmail.com
Weiqing, Yang, daniel_w_yang@yahoo.com
Xiang,Wan,wx1234@yahoo.com
Yi, Xin, yxin123@yahoo.com
Zhaoqian, Chen, email: zchen1@gmu.edu

Let us delay sending this by another week hsteven

I feel we can send this next friday. Of course if we get around 50 people by today that would be fine to send that today. The reason is that VA anyway is going to take another month or so to clear the April RIR cases and I think we have enough time to wait for another week. What do you think?

Also people get this news out (word of mouth) to all your friends too who are in similar situation and get them sign up with hsteven.

My 2 cents

This is in continuation to what I posted on the 15th under " Todays Update " I had told the official that if my Labor takes to the end of 2002 i may have to exit as my HI would expire- The official was genuinely sympathetic and said i would have an option of extending my sixth year to seventh year . I did not know the rule very well so i went back and researched this is what i could find in Shiela Murthy site

:As regular MurthyBulletin and MurthyDotCom readers are aware, the American Competitiveness in the Twenty First Century Act (AC21), in certain circumstances, allows persons in H1B status to obtain extensions of that status beyond the six-year period (usually referred to as "seventh-year extensions"). Sections 106(a) and (b) of AC21 set forth the following two requirements for such extensions: first, a labor certification application must have been filed for the person at least one year prior; and, second, either the I-140 (Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker) must also have been filed and be pending or approved,

I would like us to include in the letter that we may not be eligible for the extension as the extension requires two clauses
1. Labor filed for more than 1 year
2. Filing of 140

Hence i think there is a notion in the DOL that all of us would get extension please do mention that INS would not give us any benefit if we did not file 140, which ofcourse can be filed only after geting Labour approved.

We may also mention in our letter
1. How much we contribute to the econaomy of VA by paying taxes on our salary and taxes paid by the company

2. Indirect jobs created by us like support services office staff etc

3.It has not been easy for us to keep our jobs in this economy and we must be net contributors or economic accelerators

4. All of us provide a lot of training to our clients this helps in changing the skill sets of the employees from other skills to skilled software professionals.

5. Last but not least there is a " human cost involved "this might be just a application number in DOL files but it means a lot to our familes where in we legitametely try to build a better lives for our family memeners in US by following all the laws and a dream of building better lives in US

6. We spend a finest and most productive years of our lives in US 25 - 40 years when our earning and learining potential is maximum if we dont get our cards in time we would have to go back and we would not get a cent from the thoussands we contributed to Social Security,etc

Skill set changes soon and we may not be apt in learning new skills 5 years or 10 years from now and would still have a make a new beginig in our careers ( remember what happend to Cobol , AS400 guys)

I think I am hitting some of our concerns hence we should try to state the same

I think thefolks in 245 do not have problems of 7 year extensions ,ot employer change etc. they would continue to do what they do now only that one day they would get a card by post one day not like us where in we are governed by DOL, INS, IRS SSA and all other laws of the land
andhave to continusly keep us productive not oly to us but to our companies and community as a whole - we are not asking for any undue favours but to be only treated fairly and justly

The frustration is fully understood

I think the final draft does mention the fact that without I140 filing we would have to exit.

As to the other points let us be cautious as anything that ends up like preaching them would leave us stranded. It is a sad fact that we are at their mercy though we help their economy (and ours too).

VA2001, please look at the final draft that we posted and comment on that.

Again as to the 7th year extension, you are right about I140 pending but there is still some confusion about this even among the INS people.

Still hoping.....

Please read this article about PERM...

http://www.usvisanews.com/memo1399.html

a small section of the artivle here estimates the delay in labor processing....I am pasting it here for your quick reference..

"And for those of you who are wondering what 245(i) will do to the labor certification process, we finally know the answer. The last time that 245(i) expired, the Department of Labor received about 45,000 labor certifications. This year, on the eve of the expiration of 245(i), DOL received an astonishing 230,000 applications! According to DOL, half of those applications were filed in New York in California. DOL is currently projecting that the increase in filings may add another 2.5 years to the process!

Let\'s hope that PERM does get implemented quickly and well -- it seems that it could be our last hope to have labor certifications processed within a workable and reasonable time-frame. "

Regards,
EtchOneBee

Update: 29people signed, One more week!!!

Can u give me your first name and last name also. Thanks.

This is today\'s update:

Alexey,Sarytchev,alx_s@hotmail.com
Anil,kumar, anilasp@hotmail.com
Avnish, Goel, avnish@hotmail.com
Lalitha, Setty, lsetty@softsystems-inc.com
Mingmin, wu, lisamin1998@yahoo.com
Naga, Rao, sivasrao@hotmail.com
Padma, Damidi, padmach@yahoo.com
Pavel, Veriovkin, pveriovkin@hotmail.com
Praveen, D, pdodda@atsva.com
Rajesh, Chilambi, rchilambi@hotmail.com
Saravan, Ramachari, sramachari@faicorp.com
steven, zhu, hsteven29@hotmail.com
Suhaib, Khan, skhan@faicorp.com
Umapathya,Arunsundar, u_arunsundar@yahoo.com
Vijay, Kumarasamy, vijayksamy@faicorp.com
Vinod, Kandula, vkandula@hotmail.com
Vladimir, Mikhaylov, vlad_vm@softhome.net
Weiqing, Yang, daniel_w_yang@yahoo.com
Xiang,Wan,wx1234@yahoo.com
Yi, Xin, yxin123@yahoo.com
Zhaoqian, Chen, email: zchen1@gmu.edu

does anybody know why

Why does the AC21 say that you need to have I140 filed for one to be elibilble for a 7th year extension? Why not just a labor certification alone pending or filed more than a year? In any case the intention here is that the company is willing to sponsor for the employee. So why should I140 REALLY MATTER AT ALL???

Any body have any idea to this yet another vague rule????

Update: 34 people signed

Alexey,Sarytchev,alx_s@hotmail.com
Anil,kumar, anilasp@hotmail.com
Avnish, Goel, avnish@hotmail.com