Virginia SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
My thinking

I think the form submission route is a better one. But there are 2 concerns we need to address : 1) it might be 7-10 days before we can be ready for that. In a way I feel that is OK because that time can be used to collect responses from all people interested in signing. 2) how much personal information do we need to sign this? I am sure most of us will have the feeling that we are letting ourselves out in the open and that may have a negative effect whent the SWA makes a decision and all that.....

I agree that it may not have a big impact if we just send a e-mail to the directory with our e-mail ids.

So here is an alternative suggestion. How about collecting the e-mail ids, print out the draft and send the draft with the e-mail ids by ordinary mail to the SWA director.

Also it will be nice if those who are going to be involved in this post a message with a TITLE "I will sign it" so that we will have an idea of the total count.

Is it userful, maybe a new way

I just talked to the officer in richment office. He told me the same thing as before, they are doing april non RIR before moving to May RIR. I asked if possible we can do anything to change this policy. He told me the best way is to ask our lawyers to contact the director of labor and certification in Philly. If a dozens of lawyers can do this, the director might recommand VA state depart of labor to change the policy. Normally, they always do change if recommdation from the director of Philly.

What do you guys think?

I will Sign

yes. I already suggested a few days back. Should consult a lawyer. I also suggested that we should send this draft by post mail. So do it guys. It does not hurt you. My email is ctinaa@hotmail.com
Be brave and do it.

Let us ask our lawyers to do that

In addition to the mail thing, let us ask our lawyers also to do that. It could be true that the lawyers could have a better influence. I am going to ask mine for sure. How about that too guys? Let us do both.....

I already did

I spoke to my legal assistant yesterday and he said he will look into the possibilities and will get back to me on that. All of us can actually contact our attorneys and request them to do so.

I am collecting all possible Email addresses

i am collecting all Possible Law-office email addresses once we are ready with final draft....we can send this copy to these law offices also so that atlest few of them can respond to it....

Great work by all of you

Great job dependent.

I will be contacting my attorney today and convey the same. It is nice to see the good spirit in all of you. I hope more people will now come on to this forum and participate.

I will take the responsibility of combining the draft message already posted and post the final one by late today. Please go over that and if we all agree then dependent can send that to the law offices.

I hope you have started the setup, testing etc.,

We will still go ahead with this approach also. I hope you are already working on that..

Thanks

Final draft of the letter

Guys,

Please go over this draft(mostly the draft from dependent and others and a few additions of my own) and if all of you concur this is the draft we will be sending to the SWA and also to our attorneys.

Thanks

Draft starts here:

Dear Sir/Madam,

As the Law abiding tax paying residents of Virginia state we would like to bring your attention to two matters regarding the Labor Certification for permanent worker in the state of VA.

The procedure of processing RIR and then NON-RIR for each month in Virginia had been working OK for the past years due to the limited no of applications that were filed. But the 245(i) changed all that for April 2001 and we are still processing April 2001 RIR. In light of the huge no of applications it seems unfair that VA state agency continue the same policy. These RIR applicants have spent 6 months of recruitment efforts already and most of them are also facing their 6-year time limit either this year or sometimes next year. Without an opportunity of filing for an immigration petition (I140)(that would allow the RIR applicants to file for extension of H1B till such time INS can pass a verdict for the permanent residency) these RIR applicants will have no other way other than to leave the country when their time expires. Hence, the RIR applications should be given priority and the processing of these applications should not be delayed due to the NON-RIR application processing and should continue paralelly. Many other states have continued to process the RIR applications after the month of April even though the NON-RIR applications have not been finished. Virginia should also try to implement similar regulation. As April being the deadline for the 245(i) application filling there have been a huge amount of NON-RIR applications filled in the month and it would amount to huge delays in the RIR application.

We would really appreciate your attention to the matter and a new directive on the RIR application processing.

Thanking you
                    Yours Sincerely

Here is what we may want to do

Dependent can use this draft and send to the list of attorneys he is gathering.

hsteven29 can use this draft and send that to the SWA after his web site starts running and users have submitted their information.

In the mean time all of us can send this draft to our attorneys and ask them to see if they can try, talk to the directory of phily about this issue.

Also since I am not sure about the no of people who are aware of this forum let us also spread this by word of mouth to all our friends who are in a similar situation and ask them to take part in this activity.

Also we have to think about how to send this by normal mail (I mean what should be included in addition to the draft. like e-mail ids etc.,)

Thanks

I can\'t wait...

Hi Guys:

Unfortunately I was told to take more than 10 days for domain setup and network propagating. I guess that nobody wants to wait that long. This is quick solution:

Please send email to lc_rir_va@hotmail.com ( setup only for this).
in the subject: ONLY FOR RIR
in the body: first_name, last_name, email_address@yourdomain.com

explaination of email body: first_name for your first name
                            last_name for your last name
                            email_address@yourdomain.com is your email address. Please use comma-separated format like above. If you have group people, you have put in one line for each people in the above format (group people preferred).

You can start signing now via email, I will pull out the information and post on the chat board, I hope that it will finish in one week depending on how many people response and how fast they response. Since most people suggest that we use post mail not email, please let me know the mailing address if you have one on hand. Otherwise, I can find one. Hopefully we can send out next monday. Thank you so much. So many people have been involved in. It is really encouraging me. I understand that dependent will do lawyer part.

See you guys soon on: lc_rir_va@hotmail.com

Great and let us do it guys

Great spiriy hsteven29. It is time for us to get our act together and sign up with him.

God bless us.

List of Virginia based few Law offices........... Still more to come

Law Offices Of Rajiv S. Khanna, 5225 N. Wilson Blvd.,Arlington, VA 22205-1148
E-Mail: rskhanna@immigration.com

Calderon Law Firm 1615 New Hampshire Avenue NW, Second Floor, Washington, DC 20009
E-Mail: eliz@calderonlaw.com

Claudia J. Zucker,1840 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 205,Arlington, Virginia 22201
E-Mail: claudia@zuckerlawfirm.com

Hardy & Ellison, P.C.9306 Old Keene Mill Road,Suite 100 Burke, VA 22015
E-Mail: For Mark Ellison: mcellison@hardyellison.com
E-Mail: For Todd Hardy: gthardy@hardyellison.com
The Law Offices of Ismail Laher,9554 Old Keene Mill Road, Suite A,Burke VA 22015.
E-Mail: help@ImmigrationABC.com or help@laher.com
steinsperling Rockville (Main Office),25 West Middle Lane,Rockville, MD 20850
7505 New Hampshire Avenue,Suite 209 Langley Park, MD 20783
8280 Greensboro Drive,Suite 150 McLean, VA 22102
E-Mail: info@steinsperling.com
Armil Sammoon & Associates,3020 Woodlawn Avenue,Falls Church,VA 22042,USA
E-Mail: info@asammoon.com
11260 Roger Bacon Drive, Suite 201,Reston, Virginia 20190-5203
E-Mail: mamcvicker@aol.com

Mogee LLC 11701 Bowman Green Drive,Reston, VA 20190-3501
E-Mail: info@mogee.com

boselawfirm,8150 Leesburg Pike, Suite 700 Vienna (Tysons Corner), VA 22182
E-Mail: staff@boselawfirm.com

Szabo, Zelnick, & Erickson, 12610 Lake Ridge Drive,Woodbridge, Virginia 22192
E-Mail: info@szelaw.com

Leban & Imbrogno,Attorneys at Law,5267 Greenwich Road, Suite 300,Virginia Beach, Virginia 23462
E-Mail: us at: leban@earlylaw.com,imbrogno@earlylaw.com

greencardnet 1660 International Dr. Suite 410,Mclean, VA 22102,
E-Mail: greencardnet@hotmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.