Virginia SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Title

As I had guessed from the beginning nobody really knows the exact details. On the positive note May 2001 might have already started. My 2 cents worth advice would be for people to keep the hope alive that RIR cases beyond april are already in the way.

HOPE IS THE ONLY MEDICINE AS THERE IS NO WAY FOR ONE TO GET ACCURATE INFORMATION.

Still on April 30, for another 2-3 months.

I just called VA DOL. He told me that they are going to work on RIR April 30 for another 2-3 months. After that they will start NON-RIR April 02.

How many NON-RIR applicants filed on April 30th?????

Any idea about this, so that we can judge how much more time it will take.

No Title

Basically virginia labour is going to take for ever so i guess what our friends saying is correct.
We all(who ever is going to reach 6 years visa limit)has to lookm for an alternative.
I guess the best alternativer i sto get canadian green card.
what do guys think?
regards
 bhaskar

No Title

I don\'t see any new information there. it just talks about DOL\'s RIR processing directive issued a little ago. So I couldn\'t understand your comment about looking for backplans etc.

Hi Need Some Advice.

My Company applied for LC in VA on July 25th, 2001.. DOL is not sure when it will be over? Anyone here has any idea whether LC will be cleared before end of this year??
My friends applied in March 2001 and they are into second stage..

Maybe we should go thru\' official channels...

Folks,
I know many on this forum are concerned, about whether non-RIR processing will be initiated in the Virginia SESA office after the April 30th RIRs\' (estimated to be 17000!!) are done with.

If we want to make an impact, all on this forum who have signed up must make a concerted effort to have their lawyers/Lawyer\'s Legal offices in their offices call up the Virginia SESA and try to determine the actual state of affairs. They are well versed with and have contacts to bring information and influence the flow of things. While this may be difficult to achieve, a letter/call/interest/recommendation/objection from a law office/lawyer is taken with much more seriousness by INS, as compared to any other request.
I am NOT meaning to downplay the effort and good work that has been udertaken by people on this forum for the past few days, I am wondering if we could give that same latter a professional and official flavor so that INS takes a serious look at it and considers the options mentioned therein.

So our aciton points could be...
1. Talk to our lawyers and see if they can help.
2. Get them involved.
3. Have the current letter draft and all supporting people within it forwarded(if possible) thru\' any legal office.
4. If any of us know any lawyers who are personal friends or are willing to help forward this interests, then we can seek that out.
5. Contact organizations who deal with immigration issues/INS and can lobby the request.(like ISN.org for example).

These are just some ideas that I am putting forth. I apologize for the long email. Keep up the good work.

Regards,
EtchOneBee.

No Title

Thanks, noefler. They have been processing early March for the past 2 months, I guess. I really don\'t know what they are doing. It\'s really pathetic.

No Title

I don\'t know since her company deal with that but I know that the company sent out on Apr. 30th so the receipt date should be at most
eariest May 1st which is still later than Apr. 30.

Status
Not open for further replies.