Virginia SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
I called the # ends with 2708. I don’t think June/July is a big difference for people in my position. My company applied my labor on Nov 02. Still long way to go......

I am so frustrated with this process. Now I am in doubt that if would be able to get my GC unless something miracle happens. My 3 year H1 just expired and H1 extension is in the process.

I keep checking this board everyday if there is any miracle!!

:mad:

Originally posted by mb1
I called the # ends with 2708. I don’t think June/July is a big difference for people in my position. My company applied my labor on Nov 02. Still long way to go......

I am so frustrated with this process. Now I am in doubt that if would be able to get my GC unless something miracle happens. My 3 year H1 just expired and H1 extension is in the process.

I keep checking this board everyday if there is any miracle!!

:mad:

mb1,

I totally empathize with you, man. I hate this whole process. Last night, I could not get sleep and I logged on to this forum so many times. I guess I've lost my peace of mind ever since this LC process started. Many lucky guys who filed from Philadelphia and Pittsburgh SESAs last year (Oct / Nov 2003) already have their I-140s approved (VSC) and here we are...with VA SESA not even looking at our applications. This entire process is so agonizing!!!
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
My case filed to : 3751 Nine Mile Road, Suite C, Richmond, VA, which phone number for this or which process date for this location? And anyone know how to chech the LC status on the website? Thanks

mb1 and others,
My final six year expires on Jan-2005. And I filed my LC on 06/2002. As I posted earlier VA-SESA issued remand on my case on 02/26/04. It took more than 20 days for my lawyer to send the required information. Remand was bout the acquisition of company. Another colleague of mine applied in last week of may in 2002 and his case was transfered in Dec-03 without any remand.

So, the frustration is everywhere. I am not sure how long time VA-SESA will take to approve my case after remand reply. And then Philadelphia.

And now I am even more scared with the new proposal of 8-11 million illegals. If that will happen then we will be screwed even more. I don't think that we will be able to complete the whole process in next 5yrs.

But, thanks to these forums where we can post our frustrations.

So, good luck to everybody here.

tp

Originally posted by bengao
My case filed to : 3751 Nine Mile Road, Suite C, Richmond, VA, which phone number for this or which process date for this location? And anyone know how to chech the LC status on the website? Thanks

Try the following phone number:
VEC Alien Labor Certification Unit in Richmond at (804) 236-2708 or 804-236-2717

Virginia Employment Commission does not have any online case status website. Some other states like Florida have this kind of system where people who have filed LC can check status online.

http://www.floridajobs.org/WPS_ALC/case_status.html

Moving Fast good news

Thank You Very much mb1 for sharing the good news. In fact I am only living in hope to see my LC approved.
Every day from morning to to late night I keep on looking this forum in a hope it might have update with some good news by my hard working friends.

My LC received date is on 01/02/2003. In the mean time I got Master removal hearing notice from Immigration for April 6. Any one has good knowledge to extend or pull the hearing process untill my LC approved.

So that I could show them my LC approval to avoid deportation process.

Thank you all.

Orissa

Re: Moving Fast good news

Originally posted by orissa
Thank You Very much mb1 for sharing the good news. In fact I am only living in hope to see my LC approved.
Every day from morning to to late night I keep on looking this forum in a hope it might have update with some good news by my hard working friends.

My LC received date is on 01/02/2003. In the mean time I got Master removal hearing notice from Immigration for April 6. Any one has good knowledge to extend or pull the hearing process untill my LC approved.

So that I could show them my LC approval to avoid deportation process.

Thank you all.

Orissa

Hire an immigration attorney who can fight for you.

Why didn't you apply for LC from a faster state? As you know VA is painfully slow.

I am currently seeing a lot of pain and uproar in the Philly forum. Philly has literally stopped processing LCs after finding some fraud cases filed from Delaware. Philly was one of the better Regional DOLs and unfortunately, it does not appear to be so anymore. Even if you clear VA level LC, you still have to clear Philly DOL level LC.

Anyways, good luck to you.

Originally posted by mvinays
Wow!!! Thank you for sharing such a good news!!! :)

Don't get too excited. Virginia SESA is moving fast, but Philly DOL has virtually stopped processing. So now there is a huge backlog.

All,

Here is my case update.

With reference to my previous post. I have just found that my VA SESA cleared on 03/18/04.

Timeline:
VA SESA file Date : 06/13/02
Remand Issued : 02/26/04
Responses filed with SESA : 03/12/04
Notice of LC trnsmital to Phily: 03/18/04

Please note that I called Richmond office on around 02/24/04 to find status of my case. I gave him case number and guy said they are processing my case. But, after three days I heard that they have issued remand of acquisition of company. One of my friend he also filed with same company and his SESA got approved with no questions asked. Only in my case remand was issued. So, I was wondering that it could be because I called them or was that just a coincidence.

Good luck to all...

tp

t_p99,
I got RFE on 01/29/04 & my attorney replied on 02/10/04.
So far I haven't heard anything on my Labor. My attorney suggested to wait atleast 3 months before contacting richmond office. How long normally labor dept takes after we respond to their query?

Any one PL. help me out.

chelimi,

As I posted it only took about 6 days to get LC transmital to DOL.

But, I believe my case was very simple. Everything remained same except the acquisition. So, my lawyer had to provide them proper explanation.

What is the RFE about in your case?

tp

t_p99 ,

RFE: whether I am staying at same residence Address as indicated in my Application.

Whether my Employer Business Address is same as indicated in Application?

My case was filed on May20,2002.
Is it possible to get aquery again after answering to previous RFE? I am really frustated in waiting
Thanks..

RFE

What is RFE stands for?

Originally posted by chelimi
t_p99 ,

RFE: whether I am staying at same residence Address as indicated in my Application.

Whether my Employer Business Address is same as indicated in Application?

My case was filed on May20,2002.
Is it possible to get aquery again after answering to previous RFE? I am really frustated in waiting
Thanks..

Re: RFE

Originally posted by orissa
What is RFE stands for?

RFE = Request For Evidence.
They send a letter (RFE) in which they ask for additional documentation or proof.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.